Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

engine flooding

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1/4 cup will destroy ANY engine, and it doesn't have to be at once Hmm maybe a splash will hit the intake and little by little it get sucked up in the rain, but hey if you guys think water explodes and leaves combustion chambers thats your engine not mine but when you bend a rod from the water not compressing, then because your rod bends you bearing goes, then you oil starts going everywhere and its gets burned instead of lubricating and then you start to score your engine walls and then because you have no lubrication and rods are all bent you toast your whole engine, but hey go for it...
Old 08-15-2006, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

sometimes there is no choice BUT to drive through a big puddle...why chance it for such a small amount of money? Sometimes there isn't another way. I'd rather not abandon my car and walk in risk of flooding the engine, ill get the bypass and drive through
Old 08-15-2006, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member

i have the k&n typhoon cai on my tc and iam drop't on tein s-tech springs thats 2.5 in the front and 2.0 in the back. ive been in and out of puddles, car washes. she still runs and turns on like the day i bought it. only diff is it searches idle a bit in the morning. that's sometimes. i also had the cai in my integra and she was on the floor i put the aem bypass on that one the filter in the winter use to be covered in snow all of it. i recommend the bypass valve nothing ever went wrong with her either. i don't have it on my tc as yet but winter is on it's way and that means snow so i will be picking one up soon.