Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

finally got my HKS Hi Power Exhaust but no pix yet soon thoe

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 12:37 AM
5 Year Member

Default finally got my HKS Hi Power Exhaust but no pix yet soon thoe

Finally got my hks hi power exhaust system got an custom mid pipe and took out both resonator its freakin loud and I love it.....
Old 07-31-2005, 12:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

uhhh.. nice topic

anyways congratulations on making your car sound raspy
Old 07-31-2005, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Whether it sounds good or bad it's a matter of opinion. Anyways, congratultions.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

At first I was hesitant about getting the HKS exhaust, but when I heard it today at a local shop.. i ordered one right away. should be coming in monday. $350 (hooked-up) including installation. it doesn't sound raspy at ALL.. they DID remove the resonator on their tC.. and don't judge the way they REALLY sound just by low quality video clips (like what i did).. they sound 10x better in person, trust me.

congrats man, and have fun with that exhaust.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

did they replace the midpipe where they removed teh resonator? if so, what diameter piping did they replace it with? are you running a header?
Old 07-31-2005, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i havent heard any tc that sounds like crap in person they all sound good unless they have a header
Old 07-31-2005, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey MattyTC how come every time someone does an exhaust on this site you chime in with these "IDEAS" that you say work, where is your exhaust? You know with all the BS you talk about everyone elses exhaust you might want to get in gear and make that perfect system you claim you can.
Old 07-31-2005, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

matty-tC, nope.. they did not replace the midpipe, and they didn't have a header. In coincidence, they were going to put headers on it that day, that's why the tC was in the shop. All it had was a Injen cai.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BOXMAN
Hey MattyTC how come every time someone does an exhaust on this site you chime in with these "IDEAS" that you say work, where is your exhaust? You know with all the BS you talk about everyone elses exhaust you might want to get in gear and make that perfect system you claim you can.
it'll be here in 2 weeks. the parts at least. i have to schedule a time with my welder.

thanks for asking but if you want to throw a hissy fit, first realize you don't even own the car we're talking about and second that i don't care what you think of me. don't mess up any more of this thread. if you want to throw a fit, send me a PM so you don't screw up this thread even more.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sp0t
matty-tC, nope.. they did not replace the midpipe, and they didn't have a header. In coincidence, they were going to put headers on it that day, that's why the tC was in the shop. All it had was a Injen cai.
are you going to get a header in the future?
Old 07-31-2005, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

as you see matty i do own a TC and a Xb and i have replaced my exhaust and its sounds better than the trd or any other i have heard. And its not rice its quiet and makes power. I was just saying dont flame HKS or Greedy.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

do you also have a header? wheres the soundclip?
Old 07-31-2005, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

Actually the Real HKS high power exhaust (the actual cat back exhaust system) sounds nice down low. but around 5k+ it starts sounding like marbles in a tin can. My cousin drives a 240sx with the HKS high power cat back. I've heard it in person.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:46 AM
5 Year Member

Default my

Well actually mattTC my exhaust doesn't sound raspy like the civics I got a custome mid pipe because the axle back hks hi power exhaust its loud but not that loud as I want them to be cuz the resonator is the one that is holding the loudness of the axle back and its not giving enough power to push it, that's why I got a 2 1/2 custom pipe so it will give me more power for my exhaust when I shift is raspy a little bit but not bad at all a lot of people actually like it.... I could actually here the raspy noise a little bit but not too bad. Then when I hear that I could just tell that my vvt-i snaps and you can totally feel it when its snap buy listening to the power of my exhaust too....
Old 08-01-2005, 03:00 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hks is awesome... i have it on my car ..all i have is the CAI and the HKS... no header so it sounds real clean
Old 08-01-2005, 03:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matty-tC
I'll maybe consider it.. when a header is actually working 99.9% with no problems like the CEL light showing up. I heard the Megan 2nd version is doing well.. but I'm not gonna risk it.. 5o is really strict here in daygo. Unfortunately, I live next to a friggin police station (down my block).. so it's pretty risky, heh. Other than that, I fear the sound that it's gonna make.. might make the HKS sound raspy like what you're talking about. But yeah, the HKS exhaust sound nice and clean with the Injen CAI.. the dude was gunning it past 5k and all i heard was growls. No raspy-ness, unless I got deaf. =P
Old 08-01-2005, 05:00 AM
5 Year Member

Alright I just had my friend drive my car to see if there's any raspy noise from outside to my hks exhuast I didn't here anything they actually sound louder and clear.... I could here the big growl from the inside of the car when your driving it but other than that the mid pipe made louder and it brings more power.... And that's why its making the growling noise cuz hks are like that and the muffler is pretty big.....
Old 08-01-2005, 05:38 AM
5 Year Member

Default tc

Aarontrini I was wondering if u wanna come cruise sometimes bro....
Old 08-01-2005, 12:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: my

Originally Posted by NoC2rNaLxCrU
Well actually mattTC my exhaust doesn't sound raspy like the civics I got a custome mid pipe because the axle back hks hi power exhaust its loud but not that loud as I want them to be cuz the resonator is the one that is holding the loudness of the axle back and its not giving enough power to push it, that's why I got a 2 1/2 custom pipe so it will give me more power for my exhaust when I shift is raspy a little bit but not bad at all a lot of people actually like it.... I could actually here the raspy noise a little bit but not too bad. Then when I hear that I could just tell that my vvt-i snaps and you can totally feel it when its snap buy listening to the power of my exhaust too....
that has got to be the largest run on sentence i've ever seen on these boards. sorry i can't read it without my head hurting but i think i got the point from the first few werds.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matty-tC
I'll maybe consider it.. when a header is actually working 99.9% with no problems like the CEL light showing up. I heard the Megan 2nd version is doing well.. but I'm not gonna risk it.. 5o is really strict here in daygo. Unfortunately, I live next to a friggin police station (down my block).. so it's pretty risky, heh. Other than that, I fear the sound that it's gonna make.. might make the HKS sound raspy like what you're talking about. But yeah, the HKS exhaust sound nice and clean with the Injen CAI.. the dude was gunning it past 5k and all i heard was growls. No raspy-ness, unless I got deaf. =P
alphawerks with antifoulers ($20) work just great.

as far as the exhaust. you just proved my point. you may have a great sounding exhaust now, but just as soon as you go beyond that and add a header, it'll sound horrible (based on previous sound clips). i'm building one that'll fix that though.

Quick Reply: finally got my HKS Hi Power Exhaust but no pix yet soon thoe