Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

finally got my HKS Hi Power Exhaust but no pix yet soon thoe

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 12:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wait...i thought HKS's hi-power was a full catback why would u buy that then go buy a custom made midpipe????
Old 08-01-2005, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member

Default tc

Well hks didn't come out with the full cat back for the tc yet I don't think.... I actually called hks and they said they don't carry the full cat back yet for the tc...... Hey matt do u have anything done to your car yet.... Cuz I just really don't like it when people don't appreciate what we do in our car.....
Old 08-01-2005, 02:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And matt no sound clip but had DC sports on there was great and quiet. The header I am waiting on is the new one from Strup. I am in talks with them to do some dyno pulls for them and post sound clips and gains. I understand what you are saying and yes a lot of the aftermarket systems sound like a "movie car" from Fast and Furious but thats the persons preference. It just so happens that both you and I perfer our cars to sound as good as they look and i respect that. I am sorry to have went off on you for no reason. I just get fed up on these forums sometimes. Please let me know how that exhaust turns out.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: tc

Originally Posted by NoC2rNaLxCrU
Well hks didn't come out with the full cat back for the tc yet I don't think.... I actually called hks and they said they don't carry the full cat back yet for the tc...... Hey matt do u have anything done to your car yet.... Cuz I just really don't like it when people don't appreciate what we do in our car.....
Yeah I have dc sports strut bar and alphawerks header. I have had the car 2 months.

My turbo kit is going to start being built in 2 weeks.

thanks for caring
Old 08-01-2005, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BOXMAN
And matt no sound clip but had DC sports on there was great and quiet. The header I am waiting on is the new one from Strup. I am in talks with them to do some dyno pulls for them and post sound clips and gains. I understand what you are saying and yes a lot of the aftermarket systems sound like a "movie car" from Fast and Furious but thats the persons preference. It just so happens that both you and I perfer our cars to sound as good as they look and i respect that. I am sorry to have went off on you for no reason. I just get fed up on these forums sometimes. Please let me know how that exhaust turns out.
quiet? really... i wonder if it's just the alphawerks thats causing the major raspyness. do keep us updated.

I understand about going off.. I do it too sometimes LOL.

My exhaust thread won't be too far off (unless my turbo build puts it back week or 2)
Old 08-01-2005, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I did replace the factory resonator with a WAY WAY better perferated core one and i only used 2 1/4 pipe. I also live at 6000 plus feet so i get way thin air in to the motor. My car was a little louder when i was in Las Vagas, but for the little added noise the performance was worth it. And in no way was it raspy. All these people need to do is use their heads when they do an exhaust. You know the 3" exhaust on a N/A Tc or Honda in my area. I have had great power on turbo and N/A cars with 2 1/4 all the way up to 8 pounds of boost after that i went larger. you know what i am saying? Its also a case of EBAY mufflers on these nice cars?
Old 08-01-2005, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh ok if you put a better resonator on there then yours probably sounds good. thats what i've been telling this exhaust kit developers to do.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:52 AM
5 Year Member

hey matt actually your right it is raspy noise when I'm shifting gear to high rpm but I put a resonator in there todai same size as my mid pipe now it doenst sound raspy anymore it sounds more clear and more louder.....
Old 08-03-2005, 02:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ding ding ding. now you have a good sounding exhaust. congrats