Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Fireball exhaust off Ebay? Any reviews?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 02:58 AM
Banned
SL Member

Default Fireball exhaust off Ebay? Any reviews?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AAAQ%3AUS%3A1

is it worth payin 120 n imma pick it up? or shuld i pay liek 200 more for a brand name?
Old 02-03-2006, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Think about it....you spent $16,000+ on a new car. Now, you want to buy some POS exhaust off ebay? There is no way I would go to ebay for stuff like that. A tuner magazine (can't remember which one) has a multi-issue story currently going on counterfit parts. I would only go through a reputable dealer to get parts for my NEW car.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you get what you pay for..
Old 02-05-2006, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OK ...come on. Do you really believe there is a power difference in a straight through HKS and a straight through off brand? Fit and finsih.....one quiter than the other....one maybe rusting 8 months after the other.......this is where many of you younger folks do not realize what some of us now do who was making mods on our brand new 92 civics 13 years a go becuase the car was new to the market. a tip...WE PAID TOO MUCH FOR OUR PARTS.

I bought a the all new DC header for my Civic back in 93 for $549....a crapy exhaust aluminized $500....a 14" long short ram with no name filter $249.99....

do not believe whole hearted that one muffler insulation is $350 better than the next. I AM NOT saying that Greddy, HKS etc...are not sweet , but some people do not have the cash and once you toss a header on a TC nothing sounds perfect anyway.

If you want the truth. Due to you needing to toss a high flow cat and dual resonators on the mid pipe after the S and header upgrades on a TC ($200) plus you may need to save cash on the muffler anyway because so much other stuff is needed to reduce rasp and trumpet sounds from the muffflers.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

listen up. honestly about this exhaust! my buddie bought the Fireball off ebay and put it on his RS1.0 Auto tC. he liked it and all, then he traded the tC in for an XB (family reasons) and I bought the exhaust from him.

it actually sounds REALLY good. NOT RASPY. im running stock header. it sounds pretty damn good for so cheap...your not gonna get any gains...its AXLE BACK!

i will try to get a movie clip or something up because this is a very under rated item!
Old 02-06-2006, 02:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by LucidBD
listen up. honestly about this exhaust! my buddie bought the Fireball off ebay and put it on his RS1.0 Auto tC. he liked it and all, then he traded the tC in for an XB (family reasons) and I bought the exhaust from him.

it actually sounds REALLY good. NOT RASPY. im running stock header. it sounds pretty damn good for so cheap...your not gonna get any gains...its AXLE BACK!

i will try to get a movie clip or something up because this is a very under rated item!

BY all means I mean to only compare adding a name brand straight through axel back vs. a cheap one. Apples to apples.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

To tell you the truth,

I just installed this exhaust and I LOVE IT!! It has a NICE deep mellow tone (NOT RICER) You can really only hear it during accelleration and idle and it is very noticeable. I mainly bought this exhaust from speed-element.com because of the price, but when I had it installed and I heard it for the first time. I was glad that I chose the exhaust. I would choose this over any other Borla, Greddy, etc. because there your just paying for the name. It also looks really nice on the car with the slant look. I have passed many popos with this exhaust and have had no problems. I would recommend this exhaust to EVERYONE who doesn't want to spend $300.00. Just for the sound. And another thing, it has a removeable silencer (which I took off) that is very simple to remove. Just bend a metal coat hanger and it pull out. I would recommend taking it to your local midas shop to have it installed or else it will touch the bumper. Mine did, and before I could get it in to be fixed it had burnt a little bit of paint off of my bumper. I will have pics on my profile at noon, fell free to take a peek.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

does it fit right on to the car stock??
and how easy is it to put it on there?
Old 03-31-2007, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had to take it to Midas and get them to make a new hangar for it and weld it to the exhaust pipe and it did the trick. $28.00 total. Im pleased with it. nice exhaust!
Old 04-07-2007, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how do you take the silencer off, i dont know what it looks like with out one, i just put it on
Old 04-07-2007, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok (bsp in sc), You take the silencer off by cutting the hook off of a metal coat hangar and create a U shape with the hangar. Then bend the two ends of the hangar to reach behind and around the silencer end (inside the exhaust). Remove the bolts on the tip, holding the silencer on. Once youv'e done that, stick the hanger in (the silencer and tip) curved edge to you ( U ) and bent ends around the inside lip of silencer (about 6" into the pipe of silencer) and give a couple of tugs. If yours is in there tight like mine was you'll need to use a hammer (by putting in the hangar and pulling towards you) to help you give more forceful tugs. That should get it out. I recommend taking the silencer off because the sound is a lot better and is deeper as well. I hope that what I've instructed was clear enough to help you out. Enjoy the exhaust.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude that _____ was on there tight, i had to pull the mess out of it rofl
Old 04-07-2007, 02:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bsp_in_sc
dude that biscuit was on there tight, i had to pull the mess out of it rofl
Mine was too. But I like the sound without it a whole lot better.