Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

First (known) PTuning Axle Back Review

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 08:38 PM
SL Member

Default First (known) PTuning Axle Back Review

I believe this is the first thread with results, clips, video, etc. I first off would like to say thanks to PTuning for making one bad exhaust system, a low price you couldn't beat (at the group buy price), and getting them out quick. This exhaust is probably one of the best looking exhausts on the market in my opinion. Install was just like every other axle back, except PTuning has a awesome design on their hangers so the exhaust sits perfect all the time. Any way enough rambling, here are 4 videos. Sorry they are all flipped I took them with my MacBook, also excuse the quality when the wind starts blowing! Anyway, enjoy, comment, and add videos and sound clips to it if you wish!!!

WATCH ALL THE VIDEOS HERE.
First is a cold start and rev. Second is a WOT 0-80 windows up. Third is a WOT 0-80 windows down. Then a Cruise with windows up and down.
http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...8-31at1611.mp4

Last edited by TRDezodtC; 08-31-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:40 PM
Banned
SL Member

im so confused

why is ur exhaust in the left

is your steering wheel on the passenger side?
Old 08-31-2010, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

straight from japan huh? You are hilarious.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TRDezodtC
I believe this is the first thread with results, clips, video, etc. I first off would like to say thanks to PTuning for making one bad exhaust system, a low price you couldn't beat (at the group buy price), and getting them out quick. This exhaust is probably one of the best looking exhausts on the market in my opinion. Install was just like every other axle back, except PTuning has a awesome design on their hangers so the exhaust sits perfect all the time. Any way enough rambling, here are 4 videos. Sorry they are all flipped I took them with my MacBook, also excuse the quality when the wind starts blowing! Anyway, enjoy, comment, and add videos and sound clips to it if you wish!!!

First is a cold start and rev. Second is a WOT 0-80 windows up. Third is a WOT 0-80 windows down. Then a Cruise with windows up and down.

his car is not right hand drive. no tc is right hand drive. his videos are flipped meaning it came out like a mirror effect kind of. nice exhaust tho! great review.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i installed this exhaust last week !!! this exhaust is BADASS !!
Old 08-31-2010, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is the exhaust all stock except for the axle back?
I want to hear it in a tunnel and a parking garage. Sounds pretty good.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

idk cuz of his laptop of something...but mine is kinda louder a bit
Old 09-01-2010, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL @ the irony of the screen name and product review
Old 09-01-2010, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

haha that confused me too.. dezod and ptuning usually doesnt mix lol.. but yeah i love how ptuning came up with muffler on the rear section, car sound awesome with my v2 spipe back
Old 09-01-2010, 03:18 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by fmtc4ever
im so confused

why is ur exhaust in the left

is your steering wheel on the passenger side?

Yeah my car is right hand drive and they decided to change the whole exhaust set up just for me! No I took the videos with my MacBook, as I said in post uno, and it flips everything. Yeah the name doesn't make sense but thats what you get when 1. I use a junk name generator, and 2. I can't just easily access and change my account name. If I could I would.

Any way back to the actual thread topic. Yes I have stock everything except this axle back. I have a CAI but you can't hear it in any of the videos anyway. I have had 3 people comment me on the design of it today. Everyone likes how the muffler is slanted but the tip is straight as well as the awesome P: exhaust hanger.

Just rear pic. Don't hate on the 4x4 status just ditched my coilovers and bought different springs

Name:  Photo0327.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  97.5 KB
Old 09-01-2010, 07:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds good
Old 09-07-2010, 08:04 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Sounds good WOT
Old 09-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by TRDezodtC

Thank you for your great feedback on the PTUNING Axle-Back Exhaust. Also, thank you for taking the time to include pics and sound clips of the exhaust.

Regards,
Mike @ PTUNING
Old 09-08-2010, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just got mine on this morning and love it!

Great start up sound, nice deep note, no pops, not much if any gargle and very well built! The use of the stock hangers is awesome the exhaust stays put (PITA to get the OEM off the hangers) There's very little highway drone, but if you get on it you'll notice it. Overall great work on Ptunings end.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by STlTCHES
I just got mine on this morning and love it!

Great start up sound, nice deep note, no pops, not much if any gargle and very well built! The use of the stock hangers is awesome the exhaust stays put (PITA to get the OEM off the hangers) There's very little highway drone, but if you get on it you'll notice it. Overall great work on Ptunings end.
Thank you STICHES for your feedback.
We have heard from multiple customers that the hardest part about installing the PTUNING axle-back is actually removing their old exhaust and hardware

BTW: With all these great feedbacks, it has created a high demand of inquires for another group buy on this exhaust. Therefore, we have came up with a sale that is very comparable. For those that are interested, please check out the Sponsored Sales section.

Regards,
Mike @ PTUNING

Last edited by PTUNING; 09-09-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey OP, not to really question PTuning but how is the build quality? I assume it is top notch. I have a not top notch exhaust on my car now and looking to switch. Also, does this exhaust hit the damn tow hook under the car? Any feedback would be awesome!
Old 09-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by TotalChaos
Hey OP, not to really question PTuning but how is the build quality? I assume it is top notch. I have a not top notch exhaust on my car now and looking to switch. Also, does this exhaust hit the damn tow hook under the car? Any feedback would be awesome!
Hope the OP doesn't mind us chiming in to this question.
Here is a description of the exhaust:

PTUNING Axle-Back Exhaust features:
* T304SS mandrel-bent tubing.
* T304SS exhaust hangers.
* T304SS lightweight V-Band connections (instead of 2-bolt flanges).
* Eliminates exhaust gaskets and thereby any potential gasket leaks.
* Fully polished exhaust system with mirror-polished muffler & exhaust tip.
* T304SS Adapter for connecting to factory or other aftermarket mid-pipe.
* T304SS easily-accessible rear O2 bung for dyno tuning (Installed on exhaust rear section).
* Eliminates faulty lean-AFR readings when trying to dyno a vehicle with a 3" exhaust using a tailpipe sniffer (To be used by your dyno tuner).
* All components are carefully designed with maximum ground clearance in mind.
* We've added an extra horizontal hanger & mounting bracket for the rear exhaust section to eliminate excessive exhaust tip movement during hard cornerning (we discovered this problem during our timeattack sessions - burnt rear valance). Most aftermarket Tc exhaust systems only utilize one rear exhaust hanger making it difficult to control the side to side movement of the rear section during cornering.

ONE YEAR WARRANTY.

MADE IN THE U.S.A.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

* T304SS lightweight V-Band connections (instead of 2-bolt flanges). This might be a stupid question but what does this mean? I cannot tell by the pics what is going on but wanted to see what this meant and it seems to eliminate the gasket. That's cool!
Old 09-27-2010, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

vband flanges on the exhaust are joined by a vband clamp and doesnt need gasket... easy disconnect and install too.. 2 bolts like it says uses two bolts to joint the exhaust and requires gasket and may require extra effort in tight spots, even some lubrication too loosen them if its been on awhile
Old 09-27-2010, 04:36 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by TotalChaos
* T304SS lightweight V-Band connections (instead of 2-bolt flanges). This might be a stupid question but what does this mean? I cannot tell by the pics what is going on but wanted to see what this meant and it seems to eliminate the gasket. That's cool!
Originally Posted by Ace83
vband flanges on the exhaust are joined by a vband clamp and doesnt need gasket... easy disconnect and install too.. 2 bolts like it says uses two bolts to joint the exhaust and requires gasket and may require extra effort in tight spots, even some lubrication too loosen them if its been on awhile
What Ace83 just said + here is a picture of a v-band flange on our axle-back exhaust instead of the regular 2-bolts flange:

Hope this help.

Quick Reply: First (known) PTuning Axle Back Review