Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

First (known) PTuning Axle Back Review

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It kind of reminds of the xA exhaust then....so a band wraps around stock mid pipe and the new exhaust to create a better seal? That's cool. So if I were to order one of these it comes with exhaust pictured above and a v clamp and I remove OEM gasket for install? I am curious because I currently have a small exhaust leak and the exhaust I have (not stock) I am not so happy with. This looks good and a pretty good price soo.....Thanks for the feedback!
Old 09-27-2010, 05:17 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by TotalChaos
It kind of reminds of the xA exhaust then....so a band wraps around stock mid pipe and the new exhaust to create a better seal? That's cool. So if I were to order one of these it comes with exhaust pictured above and a v clamp and I remove OEM gasket for install? I am curious because I currently have a small exhaust leak and the exhaust I have (not stock) I am not so happy with. This looks good and a pretty good price soo.....Thanks for the feedback!
The axle-back kit comes with an adapter that allow you to bolt our system to your existing oem midpipe using the oem style gasket. The v-band section is the part where this adapter mate to the rear section. So, to eliminate any potential exhaust leak, we recommend you replace the 2-bolts exhaust gasket from your factory midpipe to our exhaust adapter during this install. You can find different size 2-bolts gasket on our site at:

http://www.ptuning.com/html/search-r...odel&Brand=per

Hope this answer your question.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:32 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by PTUNING
Hope the OP doesn't mind us chiming in to this question.
Here is a description of the exhaust:

PTUNING Axle-Back Exhaust features:
* T304SS mandrel-bent tubing.
* T304SS exhaust hangers.
* T304SS lightweight V-Band connections (instead of 2-bolt flanges).
* Eliminates exhaust gaskets and thereby any potential gasket leaks.
* Fully polished exhaust system with mirror-polished muffler & exhaust tip.
* T304SS Adapter for connecting to factory or other aftermarket mid-pipe.
* T304SS easily-accessible rear O2 bung for dyno tuning (Installed on exhaust rear section).
* Eliminates faulty lean-AFR readings when trying to dyno a vehicle with a 3" exhaust using a tailpipe sniffer (To be used by your dyno tuner).
* All components are carefully designed with maximum ground clearance in mind.
* We've added an extra horizontal hanger & mounting bracket for the rear exhaust section to eliminate excessive exhaust tip movement during hard cornerning (we discovered this problem during our timeattack sessions - burnt rear valance). Most aftermarket Tc exhaust systems only utilize one rear exhaust hanger making it difficult to control the side to side movement of the rear section during cornering.

ONE YEAR WARRANTY.

MADE IN THE U.S.A.

If a Tc is 2inchs lower then stock how is clearance? I'm very interested in buying a Ptuning axle back .. Is there better quality sound clips available?

Also when will the front half of the kit be for sale to connect to a turbo(midpipe,downpipe)? (unless I'm blind and I just missed it on your website)
Old 09-27-2010, 06:00 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by Korupted

If a Tc is 2inchs lower then stock how is clearance? I'm very interested in buying a Ptuning axle back .. Is there better quality sound clips available?

Also when will the front half of the kit be for sale to connect to a turbo(midpipe,downpipe)? (unless I'm blind and I just missed it on your website)
We tested the axle-back on two different Scion tC. One with lowering springs (approx. 2 in lowering height), the other with Tein coilovers with 2+ inc. lowering height. We had no issue with going over standard speed bumps, etc. Obviously, we will not be able to test clearance on all possible scenarios. However, up to date, we have yet to receive any complain on clearance issue.

Hope this answer your question.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:25 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

BTW: As a reminder, the $399 special pricing will end on Sept. 30th, 2010 (Thursday).
Old 09-28-2010, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for your help....
Old 09-28-2010, 02:29 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by TotalChaos
Thanks for your help....
You're welcome.
Please PM, email or call us if you have any other questions pertaining to the PTUNING axle-back exhaust system.

Regards,
Mike @ PTUNING
Old 10-02-2010, 05:03 AM
SL Member

Just poppin' in to say the exhaust is still perfect. Hasn't moved or changed tone one bit since I installed it.

As for clearance on springs, the only problem I have had was backing it onto a parking block. I back into spots at the UPS I work at (they want us to I guess it is more safe) and backed into it, scratching the bottom of the muffler. Unless your backing into things, you should be fine. I was maxed out on coilovers for a day and have been on TRD's for a month now with no clearance problems during normal driving.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by TRDezodtC
Just poppin' in to say the exhaust is still perfect. Hasn't moved or changed tone one bit since I installed it.

As for clearance on springs, the only problem I have had was backing it onto a parking block. I back into spots at the UPS I work at (they want us to I guess it is more safe) and backed into it, scratching the bottom of the muffler. Unless your backing into things, you should be fine. I was maxed out on coilovers for a day and have been on TRD's for a month now with no clearance problems during normal driving.
Thank you TRDezodtC for your new update on the exhaust. Sounds like everything is going well with the exhaust.

BTW: We have received quite a few inquires about the common "how does the exhaust sound, how is fitment, etc?" questions. Well, now you can find out for yourself. We now offer 100% Money Back Guarantee! If for some reason, you don't like the look, fitment, or sound, simply return it. This may be an industry first...to offer such a guarantee.

See our site for more details.

Regards,
Mike @ PTUNING

Last edited by PTUNING; 10-02-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Amazing! PTuning you kick ___!
Old 10-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionSnowman
Amazing! PTuning you kick ___!
Thank you.
So if you are in the market for an axle-back, definitely check out our axle-back. Again, 100% Satisfaction Guarantee!
Old 10-07-2010, 10:34 AM
SL Member

Awesome design. Very similar to my old Hayward & Scott that I had on my WRX (imported from England). Sounds great. I can vouch for the quality of their systems after seeing their full exhaust system on a buddies car! Well done guys! I might just have to make a drive out to the shop here soon and pick one up!
Old 10-08-2010, 12:52 AM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mod-Bug
Awesome design. Very similar to my old Hayward & Scott that I had on my WRX (imported from England). Sounds great. I can vouch for the quality of their systems after seeing their full exhaust system on a buddies car! Well done guys! I might just have to make a drive out to the shop here soon and pick one up!
Thank you for your compliment on the PTUNING exhaust system.
We currently have a few Scion tC customer cars with the PTUNING exhaust system at our facility. Most were brought here for full project built (incl. turbo kit, exhaust, dyno tune, some with built motor, fuel system, and meth. kit). Most are currently oversea serving our country and will be back soon to enjoy their new PTUNING modifed Scion tC.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am bringing this thread back from the dead! I totally forgot to do a review of this exhaust. I had a mandrel bent system on my car until I switched to a Tanabe Concept G (which was awesome) until I got rearended and needed a new exhaust. I got the PTuning Axle Back for a N/A tC. This exhaust is even better then my Concept G and I loved that one! It is top notch across the board from build quality to sound to looks. I love it. One of the best upgrades I have done! Very nice. If anyone is out there debating getting one, totally jump on it!