Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

First tC full cat-back exhaust- 6 HP, 10 FTQ !

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 03:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by soros151
Originally Posted by DouBLeJ16
2.25 piping? I can't believe it actually made more power.
more power than?
More power than the stock system.

It's a shame no one ever dynoed the megan drift spec exhaust because when I put it on, I definately felt a large gain. That one is 2.5" all the way.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

I got 2.5" too.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For those of you who are not familiar with Agency Power, be aware that they are Vivid Racing. Do some searching under Vivid Racing and then order at your own risk.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ Bingo Agency Power is CRAP!!!!^^^ Go buy an APC muffler and you will have the same quality.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC
Originally Posted by Kathryn
First titanium, better?
yep :D

The description says it's Stainless Steel and that it was Titanium "Burnt"....
Old 12-06-2006, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I bet I could get a Tsudo kit and place it next to this and the only difference would be the "burnt" muffler.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

From the other thread https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...306&highlight=

Originally Posted by APGeoff
Dyno results and sound clips will be posted tomorrow.

The can is not for everyone, but it definitely sets your car apart from the rest!

The Ti can is surprisingly light too! I will have additional information tomorrow.

***I will tell you now that it sounds nasty!***

***It does sit at a slight angle upon exit***

***2.5 inch tubing makes for good power and no rasp***

***Price is TBD***

Well, is it 2.25 or is it 2.5? Not that I care or anything because I passed picking an exhaust out some time ago, but it would for sure benefit those who are seeking an exhaust to clarify what size piping it runs. As wether or not you are going F/I or staying N/A matters a great deal on pipe diameter.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks for your criticism.

Originally Posted by tcengel
For those of you who are not familiar with Agency Power, be aware that they are Vivid Racing. Do some searching under Vivid Racing and then order at your own risk.
Agency-Power and Vivid Racing are two different companies. We are both in the same building and collaborate with each other for warehouse space, dyno testing, and product development. There are also three other tenants who share this building. Since I work at AP any problems are handled by me! I am on AIM under “APGeoff” for at least 10 hours a day. I will always be here for customer service related issues.

Originally Posted by BOXMAN
^^^ Bingo Agency Power is CRAP!!!!^^^ Go buy an APC muffler and you will have the same quality.
I see that you are from Colorado. Where do you get your car worked on? I have a strong network of dealers in that state who will attest that our products are quality and customer service is top notch. Just ask Chris at RX Motorsports, Tommy at Street Concepts, Lucas at Carz Custom, Tai at Cor Sport, and Bill at MAC auto. These are all my satisfied dealers in the state of CO alone.

If you have every had a bad experience with me or the Agency-Power products I can understand, but since you both dont even own our products your posts are inconclusive.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Agency-Power and Vivid Racing are two different companies. We are both in the same building and collaborate with each other for warehouse space, dyno testing, and product development. There are also three other tenants who share this building. Since I work at AP any problems are handled by me! I am on AIM under “APGeoff” for at least 10 hours a day. I will always be here for customer service related issues.
Sure man. Your the same company... but not. Good thing you set me straight.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:12 PM
5 Year Member

Different business licenses, tax id's, sales staff, and accounting department=different company.

I don’t recall your order. Was there something that I didn’t do to upset you?
Old 12-06-2006, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I see that you are from Colorado. Where do you get your car worked on? I have a strong network of dealers in that state who will attest that our products are quality and customer service is top notch. Just ask Chris at RX Motorsports, Tommy at Street Concepts, Lucas at Carz Custom, Tai at Cor Sport, and Bill at MAC auto. These are all my satisfied dealers in the state of CO alone.

If you have every had a bad experience with me or the Agency-Power products I can understand, but since you both dont even own our products your posts are inconclusive.
Well put Geoff.

Can you clarify the 2.25/2.5 and the stainless steel (burnt)/titanium questions?
Old 12-06-2006, 07:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I bought some of your rad hoses and suprise they didnt fit. After trying for a few weeks with no response from either you or the dealer i bought them from I trashed them. SO yes I do have a view and I will express it.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:18 PM
5 Year Member

The exhaust tubing for the tC exhaust is 2.25in. The piping is 321 stainless steel. We chose to make our system from 321 because 321 is stabilized by Titanium (321) and/or Niobium (347). These grades are used because they are not sensitive to intergranular corrosion after heating. Grade 321 is the grade of choice for applications in high temperature ranges. Combining high strength, resistance to scaling and phase stability with resistance to subsequent aqueous corrosion, make this the perfect choice.

The muffler and tip are completely Ti. We agreed upon titanium because of its weight and strength characteristics. The finish is burnt for aesthetic value. (Also to let everyone know that you have a Ti exhaust)
Old 12-06-2006, 07:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Besides all true vendors with a truely great product can overcome the negatives and turn them into possitives. Again AP hasnt done that for me or some of the select buyers in other markets. SO untill then my views stand.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Different business licenses, tax id's, sales staff, and accounting department=different company.

I don’t recall your order. Was there something that I didn’t do to upset you?
Domain name: agency-power.com

Registrant:
Vivid Distributing LLC

1745 S. Holbrook Lane
Tempe, Arizona 85281
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: AGENCY-POWER.COM
Created on: 14-Jun-04
Expires on: 14-Jun-06
Last Updated on: 06-Jun-05

Administrative Contact:
Mermelstein, Dan sales@agency-power.com
Vivid Distributing LLC
1745 S. Holbrook Lane
Tempe, Arizona 85281
United States

Technical Contact:
Mermelstein, Dan sales@agency-power.com
Vivid Distributing LLC
1745 S. Holbrook Lane
Tempe, Arizona 85281
United States

And

Domain name: vividracing.com

Registrant Contact:
Private Registration
Dan Mermelstein (privacy@droa.com)
+1.8664340212
Fax: +1.8664340211
2316 Delaware Ave Suite #266
Buffalo, NY 14216-2687
US

Administrative Contact:
Private Registration
+1.8664340212
Buffalo, NY 14216-2687
US

Technical Contact:
Private Registration
+1.8664340212
Buffalo, NY 14216-2687
US

Oh look. Same company, same people. Good luck ordering guys! Just search and do your own research.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:26 PM
5 Year Member

BOXMAN PM sent. I am here to resolve the problem not cause problems. Let me know what I can do to help.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
tC squad
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

nice find tcengel
Old 12-06-2006, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member

tcengle

our address is

465 E. Chilton dr.
Chandler AZ, 85257
http://www.agency-power.com/catalog/contact_us.php

Your information is out dated.

I am not trying to hide anything. If you are ever in the area you can check it out. You will be like a kid in a candy store. We have so many products here. I spend the majority of my pay check here
Old 12-06-2006, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Agency power has always treated me good.. I only purchased one part from them (the crank pulley) but I didn't have any problems at all and the quality is great.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

AP has refused to become a site sponsor. This should be locked! Also it wont mean anything if you offer to replace my rad hoses now. Where were you when I first asked for help? Or did i need to come bash you first before I would get a response?

Quick Reply: First tC full cat-back exhaust- 6 HP, 10 FTQ !