Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Forced Induction Racing Scion TC turbocharger development..

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 08:09 AM
5 Year Member

Still working on this.. I should have something soon for you guys. Still expecting around 275whp reliably on a stock motor for around 3500.00 or so shipped to your door. I'll post updates as they come..

Check out the newest tubular turbo manifold that we are building. This is for the SR.. I will be producing these for the TC as well.

Travis
Old 12-25-2004, 08:22 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Soon2HaveAbox
I used to drive a Spec V. Travis definately knows what he is doing, however, from what I have read on the Sentra Forums, the customer service could be a little better. From what I have read in the past, it takes a good bit of time for FI-R to get a kit out to you. Like I said, Travis is very intelligent when it comes to making a car much faster, but the service could be a little better. Once again, I am taking this from other forums, not from personal experience...just a little heads up for my fellow scion owners.

Ryan
No doubt.. it used to take us a while to get kits out.. because of problems with our old fabricators. That has long-since been solved though.

Travis
Old 12-25-2004, 03:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i also have a P10 primera/g20, nice to see an SR nut crossing over to the tC platform

best of luck!
Old 12-26-2004, 07:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Okay guys...a little heads up on this fi-r character...

worst customer service ever...doesnt get parts out...imho you would be doing yourself a favor now by discrediting this company...if you venture over to www.b15sentra.net and also on www.thevboard.com youll see that this guy is nothing but deception, immorality, and unlawful business practices... i ordered a kit from this joker back in Nov. 2003 for my spec-v..never recieved...and i signed over ownership of this said kit to another fella' for alot less than i paid...he waited several months and decided he'd do the same deal..this kit has not been completed..also on top of that...NCcentral a guy from thevboard...has waited since october 2003 and hasnt recieved anything...its now almost 2005...a big heads up on this..buyer beware...he has alot of knowledge but his business ethics plain ol' suck the big hairy ones...out of 3 years on these 2 communities...he has approximately 5 guys who have been fully satisfied with his business...NO Exaggeration...approximately 90 % of his business dealings end up in shambles with the customer out alot of money...

i mean its pretty bad when even HIMSELF on the forums over there says "im slow, deal with it" ...imho its a shame. btw travis..how can you be taking on new projects when you cant even finish the ones that are years old? moving on to another forum to con more? seriously....if you invest trust in this company/man youll soon find yourself alot more angry and a few thousand dollars lighter in the wallet
Old 12-26-2004, 07:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FIracing
Originally Posted by Soon2HaveAbox
I used to drive a Spec V. Travis definately knows what he is doing, however, from what I have read on the Sentra Forums, the customer service could be a little better. From what I have read in the past, it takes a good bit of time for FI-R to get a kit out to you. Like I said, Travis is very intelligent when it comes to making a car much faster, but the service could be a little better. Once again, I am taking this from other forums, not from personal experience...just a little heads up for my fellow scion owners.

Ryan
No doubt.. it used to take us a while to get kits out.. because of problems with our old fabricators. That has long-since been solved though.

Travis
lmfao..no it hasnt...
Old 12-26-2004, 07:26 AM
5 Year Member

Well, im the owner of the black spec-v in the picture and i must say....Travis has been awesome with me. The customer service has been great and my car is in his shop as we speak getting an sr20det swap that should be done by the end of the month. In fact, i will post up pics and videos here when done so you guys can see how great Fi-R's work is.

Norlandt
Old 12-26-2004, 07:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

you are one of the few bro....actually 1 of the 5. =o) what about the rest of the regular joes who cant invite travis to stay with them and be friends? travis has always selected the certain few he wants to deal with...in other words..complete stuff for...so if you arent one of those selected few..you get dicked around for months...upto including years....and this is known fact...and its still a problem to this date...visit the boards...i garaunteed most of you guys would be baffled this guy is even still allowed to post about his business...as a matter of fact. on www.b15sentra.net he ISNT even allowed to post directly or indirectly about his business or attempt to sale anything.. that alone should tell you something!

a very healthy plump thumbs down for this...BUYER BEWARE BIG TIME!
Old 12-26-2004, 07:50 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

btw here are some links to his feedback

http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54971

http://forums.thevboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=48558

http://forums.thevboard.com/viewtopi...r=asc&start=20

http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=96227

http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=84656

http://forums.thevboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=45540

http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=80037

http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=100285

http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=72687

http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=79840

http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70059

GOSH IM GETTING TIRED OF FINDING THESE! WILL THEY END! LMFAO..seriously...you see my point?
Old 12-26-2004, 09:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my brain hurts after reading all that.
Old 12-26-2004, 09:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ummmm..... k. that pretty much..... uhhhh..... made my decision for me right there. and im pretty sure it just made up the minds of about everyone who bothers to read this forum. nice effort travis. your pictures are pretty. but..... id never give you a dollar
Old 12-26-2004, 09:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

holy ____ people like that are still in business? how about a couple guys with alot of money go out and buy his kits and then when he doesnt send you get together with the guys from the nissan forums and do a class action suit or just go and beat em silly. not cool at all. whether there's mix ups or not all those people cannot be wrong. screwing people is always a very bad way to do business. it is however a way to lose any future customers as well as , get sued , go to jail , end up in the hospital.
Old 12-26-2004, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks Ryan..

Ok guys, let me give you a little insight on this. Ryan, is a troll, who has taken it upon himself, to try and ruin my business in any way, shape, or form possible. Yes, we DID have some issues back in the day. We are not perfect.

Every single one of those threads that you posted, with the exception of 2 of people, have been resolved. Actually, I am good friends with them now and a few have actually done more business with me after. Dion (Chills), and (Josh) Southernmiss45, both ripped me off.. and you know it. You know the circumstances of each, and yet you post thier side of the story only. Matter of fact, when Josh gets back from Iraq, he will have to answer to the MP's over there for writing me a 1200.00 worthless check. Dion, there's not much that I can do.. since he is in Canada. I'll take that as a 3K lesson learned.

Guys, I know that the stuff Ryan posted looks bad.. And I'm not going to to say that it's not true to an extent. But, what it comes down to, is that I was short handed, and had some issues getting things done on time. We had way more work than we could get done. However, I have taken steps to ensure that this doesn't happen again, and Ryan knows that. He is merely trying to start trouble.

Travis
Old 12-26-2004, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
holy ____ people like that are still in business? how about a couple guys with alot of money go out and buy his kits and then when he doesnt send you get together with the guys from the nissan forums and do a class action suit or just go and beat em silly. not cool at all. whether there's mix ups or not all those people cannot be wrong. screwing people is always a very bad way to do business. it is however a way to lose any future customers as well as , get sued , go to jail , end up in the hospital.
It's not going to happen like that.. because it's not as big of a deal as he's trying to make it out as. I've been in business for almost 4 years.. If I were out to just screw people over... I wouldn't still be in business. The ONLY problem that we've ever had, is that we couldn't get the material needed from the fabricators.. and we just didn't have enough hands to get it all done. I used to have to wait months and months just to get stuff fabbed up from our jigs. It's not even like that anymore.. Like I said, Ryan is posting one side of the story, and dragging up issues that were a year+ ago.

Travis
Old 12-26-2004, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

well take a look at his feedback and you make the decision...most of that stuff is pretty recent as well...and even the old stuff is still going on to this date. like said..ALL these customers cant be wrong.
Old 12-26-2004, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey Travis, Whats up? I can speak for alota people right now, we would all be interested in a Turbo Kit for the TC..I've been doing alota research on companies and their Turbo Kits, and as af right now there is not Turbo Kit out for the TC, there are many that have been showed but not yet released..

Im almost tempted to go to a custom turbo shop and get 1 done! LOL But I know it'll be more..

Im looking for either a T3 or T4 setup w/ Front Mount.

Anything smaller I might get depended on the numbers..Keep us informed.. Thanks Travis.
Old 12-26-2004, 08:46 PM
5 Year Member

No one said that they were wrong Ryan.. I admit that we had some issues. The ONLY thing that went wrong, was that it took us a long time to get turbo kits out. The circumstances were not directly our own doing though, and you know that. Trying to paint me as a crook, is wrong. I have always delivered to my customers.. It may have taken a while, but 99% of them are very happy in the end, and like I said.. a lot of them come back for more stuff later. You can ask anyone who's ever met me, or anyone who's ever seen my shop. I am dedicated to my work.

We have taken steps to ensure that this doesn't happen anymore. We are using a very reliable fab shop to build our stuff.
Old 12-26-2004, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

bro 99 percent of them arent happy...100 percent of them are relieved they got anything to show...but the majority doesnt get squat...the kit i ordered..its not done...NCcentral..its not done..nismo-vspec..he even had to post to get ahold of you..of course you are gonna be easy to get ahold of and post on this forum now...you dont have these poor guys money....not to mention your bad rep of business ethics on every forum you post on...that goes for sr20forums.com www.thevboard.com www.b15sentra.net ( which he isnt even allowed to advertise his business directly or indirectly any longer)....chills isnt friends with you...i just talked to him a week ago...he's dropping your 'ish into collections ...that doesnt seem too friendly to me....btw his car still hasnt ran...as a matter of fact i had more miles this week on my car than he's had on his car in the past year...but irregardless your business practices are unethical and unlawful...the ONLY reason matt mcfalls got his kit was b/c he threatened to persue legal advise and go through with it...he's not even happy with his project..most of the kit has had to be fixed. he waited since oct/nov of 2003...most of that stuff i posted is STILL going on today...its just everything is locked regarding the issues b/c of the flame wars that generally follow...if ANYONE wants all the documentation..feel free to AIM me Ryan811869 i got a wheel barrel full of stuff that supports my claims. other than conning elaboration to get your money or your support.

imho its kinda funny in away

travis has been pitching this line of bull for over a year..."trying to turn my business around" ...line after line after line of this...and you can see from the links i provided about innocent victims of this immoral loony bin travis calls a compnay...

he gets on here and calls me a troll b/c i simply state the reason why and provide proof his is unlawful business practices.. i mean there comes a point in time when one reaches that point when they believe they arent going to recieve anything? what is the acceptable time to wait travis? a year for a product said to be delivered in 4 to 6 weeks? youve had reputable shops doing your fabbing from the beginging..hotshot...protech...vrs at one point..and still nothing got done...b/c its quite obvious the customers money is going some where else instead of the parts requested...

im also a coward b/c i dont talk big and bad on AOL instant messenger about wanting to take the time out and fist fight with him...
Old 12-26-2004, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member

That's not even remotely true Ryan... You don't know what goes on here.. You know of a handful of transactions that went bad over the last few years because people posted it on the internet. You don't see the other stuff that comes through my shop.. you don't see the engine work, the tranny work, the cars that we build. I never said that I was friends with Dion.. lol.. I wouldn't want to be. And he has nothing to "drop into collections". He's been saying that on the forums for a year now to make me look bad.. ;) The bottom line is.. I have an open invoice for 3K with his name on it. I kept some of his stock parts from his car as collateral. And you'd better believe that he won't see those back until this invoice is paid.

I never knew that Matt was pursuing legal action against me. I sent him his kit because it was finished. Unless he is bieng untruthful with me, he loves the kit. Tell me, what had to be fixed in his kit?
Travis
Old 12-26-2004, 09:02 PM
5 Year Member

Heh, ryan is an idiot guys. He has a personal problem with travis and fi-r. I can truly say that my experience with fi-r has been better than i ever expected it to be. I ordered a standard turbo kit for my spec-v from travis in february of 2003 and it was awesome. I even flew Travis down here to do the install for me. Three months ago i decided i needed more power so i drove from Tampa,Fl to New Orleans, LA and dropped off my car so FI-R could build my engine and make it a 400 whp monster. As a result me and Travis became great friends and till this day we talk to each other almost everyday. The guy is an awesome person and is very fair. He hooked me up with alot of stuff, from custom made tubular manifold to a tec 2 standalone for a very very cheap price. I must say that if it wasnt for Travis i couldnt have built my engine. He is a little slow sometimes but thats because he works alone. That is also why his work and products are so awesome, because he takes his time and does things right.

Norlandt
Old 12-26-2004, 09:06 PM
5 Year Member

Wait a second. I personally know Matt and am friends with him and i can honestly say that he is happier than ever. I have never seen him this excited before. There was nothign wrong with his kit! In fact, his kit is better than mines ever was. I saw alot of improvement. Your full of it ryan. Please stop this nonsense.

Norlandt

Quick Reply: Forced Induction Racing Scion TC turbocharger development..