Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Forced Induction Racing Scion TC turbocharger development..

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 09:07 PM
5 Year Member

About FI-R...

My name is Jose and i owned a SR20 Sentra.. Very widely known. I've been around ever since 2000 and knew Travis for an equal amount of years since his business has opened. Yes, i must admit, in the beginning it was kinda rocky and was hard to satisfy the crave of Boost for just 1 guy. Everyone expected parts to be shipped asap when in reality it wasn't possible. How can 1 guy fabricate, produce and install turbo kits for cars within a resonable time? Ever heard of R&D? it takes time. I had purchased a kit from Travis myself and this was a long time ago when he was a one business man.. so i understood. After i got my parts, had them installed and worked perfect. I've never felt better with a Turbo charged car before. I have many friends and dealings with Travis. His company is up to par and well respected in the Nissan Comminity. I own a Nissan Skyline now and will be worked by Travis as well. He is well diversed and educated in engines. I can have many testimonials to prove his work ethics.

Guys you have to understand that businesse's in its infancy is sometimes hard to deal with, but now with its growing knowlege and new fabricators, it will be booming.. Be on the lookout for Team Theory on the east coast with a Skyline and Sentra with FI-R on it. The sentra itself will be pushing over 700+ HP.. all Built by Travis.. If you continue to doubt his work, e-mail me personally at jdmb15@yahoo.com

I will answer any questions or concern you may have. Once again, i will praise his work beause he's the only guy who's putting effort into his work and sometimes gets a little carried away and builds beasts!.. Good work Trav.. you have many friends and supporters here!.

Jose
Old 12-26-2004, 09:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FIracing
That's not even remotely true Ryan... You don't know what goes on here.. You know of a handful of transactions that went bad over the last few years because people posted it on the internet. You don't see the other stuff that comes through my shop.. you don't see the engine work, the tranny work, the cars that we build. I never said that I was friends with Dion.. lol.. I wouldn't want to be. And he has nothing to "drop into collections". He's been saying that on the forums for a year now to make me look bad.. ;) The bottom line is.. I have an open invoice for 3K with his name on it. I kept some of his stock parts from his car as collateral. And you'd better believe that he won't see those back until this invoice is paid.

I never knew that Matt was pursuing legal action against me. I sent him his kit because it was finished. Unless he is bieng untruthful with me, he loves the kit. Tell me, what had to be fixed in his kit?
Travis
lmfao...now you talk about untrue...you knew good and well...he plainly told you..and not only that..i HAVE the conversations to prove otherwise...and they arent mine...its between you and him...

also take a look at this

this is what the LOUISIANA ATTORNEY GENERAL HAS TO SAY ABOUT FI-R.COM

http://www.shift-6.com/Videos_pictur...ygeneralla.JPG

take a good look at all this piling evidence against this company..and hopefully you see past the BS this man is feeding you guys...and look at what the REAL customers say..not the biased selected few friends who do recieve anything....
Old 12-26-2004, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by grnechory
That's not even remotely true Ryan... You don't know what goes on here.. You know of a handful of transactions that went bad over the last few years because people posted it on the internet. You don't see the other stuff that comes through my shop.. you don't see the engine work, the tranny work, the cars that we build. I never said that I was friends with Dion.. lol.. I wouldn't want to be. And he has nothing to "drop into collections". He's been saying that on the forums for a year now to make me look bad.. ;) The bottom line is.. I have an open invoice for 3K with his name on it. I kept some of his stock parts from his car as collateral. And you'd better believe that he won't see those back until this invoice is paid.

I never knew that Matt was pursuing legal action against me. I sent him his kit because it was finished. Unless he is bieng untruthful with me, he loves the kit. Tell me, what had to be fixed in his kit?
Travis
lmfao...now you talk about untrue...you knew good and well...he plainly told you..and not only that..i HAVE the conversations to prove otherwise...and they arent mine...its between you and him...

also take a look at this

take a good look at all this piling evidence against this company..and hopefully you see past the BS this man is feeding you guys...and look at what the REAL customers say..not the biased selected few friends who do recieve anything....
Real customers? So now im not a real customer? So people who arent happy are the "real customers". LOL That right there shows that it is a personal problem man. We understand that you dont like fi-r and thats fine because everyone has the right to state their opinion. But you have now taken it to another level man. You are truly trying to do all you can to hurt and make fi-r look bad. I can honestly say that the only person i trust with my car is travis. I will drive to new orleans to get my car worked on by fi-r 100 times if i need to. Thats how good this company is. Im sorry but this is getting out of hand ryan. You are too old for this. I would be imbarrased.

Norlandt
Old 12-26-2004, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member

Nice chop... Although, if a company was or filed for Bankruptcy, then he wouldn't be in business would he..

I say Ryan, why are you hating? No reason to hate on someone who is trying!, probably doing more for the Scion comminity than you are. Come take a ride in the Skyline.. and have some coffee, lets talk about it..

Jose
Old 12-26-2004, 09:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

bro fi-r has made itself look bad..im just protecting the innocent guys over here who dont know about other dealings on the other forums...point in case travis selects which customers he wants to do things for...that is KNOWN fact...if you are some joe average from cali or where ever and not able to meet travis, nothing gets done..money is lost.
Old 12-26-2004, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Enemigo
Nice chop... Although, if a company was or filed for Bankruptcy, then he wouldn't be in business would he..

I say Ryan, why are you hating? No reason to hate on someone who is trying!, probably doing more for the Scion comminity than you are. Come take a ride in the Skyline.. and have some coffee, lets talk about it..

Jose
bro...that wasnt a chop...1. thats a real letter. 2. you can still opperate your business under bankruptcy, but you are under the authority of the court...basically nobody can sue him if he's under this protection.
Old 12-26-2004, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member

Travis

also take a look at this

Ah.. the notorious "fake letter" picture. You guys sure do go to big lengths to make me look bad. Moved? We've been at the same place for almost a year. 229 Sunset Ave. Houma, LA 70360. Bankruptcy? Do I need to post a pic of my credit report to show how untrue that is? I guess I could type up a letter about a company and take a pic of it too if I wanted.. lol..

So, any customer that posts anything good about my company doesn't count Ryan? Is that what you're saying? lol.. The good FAR outwieghs the bad. And 9 times out of 10, a customer will only post on the internet if they had a bad dealing with someone.

Travis
Old 12-26-2004, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member

Well, its seems to me your in NC.. i don't think he would have turned you down.. unless you wanted to Turbocharge a damn Geo with 3 cyliders... lol..

You just need to let people experience things for themselves.. going all out and searching the web is just childish and lame. Stop being the Scion communities buffer from life.. let them live..

Jose
Old 12-26-2004, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member

Well, its seems to me your in NC.. i don't think he would have turned you down.. unless you wanted to Turbocharge a damn Geo with 3 cyliders... lol..

You just need to let people experience things for themselves.. going all out and searching the web is just childish and lame. Stop being the Scion communities buffer from life.. let them live..

Jose

+1
5 Year Member
SL Member

i didnt search the web...lol and its kinda ironic that all this info is either not true, fraudelant, fake or some bs regarding travis...notice the seal? and you guys would be very suprised from who it came from...not me of course.

btw ive been on this forum quietly for a year.. to say that i searched this out? sure didnt..came to me. thanks. and yes im in NC...the fact is i bought a turbo kit from travis...we even had a deal where he basically had 3 months to deliver...i gave him a deposit in november and the rest would be due at the end of jan when the kit was supposedly to be completed...but the weird instance was..if i didnt have the payment in full by the endo f that time..my deposit would not be refunded and i wouldnt get a kit for the price...i gave travis the benefit of the doubt..i trusted this man...like so many others who ended up getting stiffed...needles to say this kit isnt done to date.
5 Year Member

I'll tell you guys what...

Just to prove that I am a good guy.. I will build several kits and stock them. If you guys feel uncomfortable about sending me money up front.. I'll send the kit COD. That way, you have nothing to worry about.

Like I said.. I'm not a crook.. we just got behind on some stuff, and people had to wait long periods of time. It wasn't done intentionally, but it did upset a few people.

Travis
Old 12-26-2004, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member

Honestly, I'm embarassed to belong to the same board as most of you and despite not liking the Scion cosmetically I wish I was on this side of the enthusiast community at this point in time. For those Scion forum members that are continuing to read this thread I think you are capable of making an intelligent decision based on what those that stood up for Travis said and reading over the links posted by Ryan. Ryan obviously didn't troll this thread, he posted valid links of feedback on the company. Read them, read what was posted here, and make your own decision, I'm sure you guys are capable of that.

As for those of you ranting on Ryan, saying he has no reason... thats untrue and you guys know it. He was one of Travis' customers and had a very bad experience in his mind, he took a loss and sold the kit since he hadn't received the kit in a very long time. The immaturity needs to stop on both sides, Ryan should have cross linked the threads and said nothing else, they speak for themselves. And attacking him for doing so is ridiculous, they speak for themselves, you guys can defend each situation however you see fit, but don't attack him for posting them.

To add, just so everyone here is aware, the built QR25 motors from Forced Induction Racing that he used as part of his experience on the original post, one of them is barely running after thousands of expenses afterwards by another company attempting to fix the problems that were caused in a build that went far above the quoted price and quoted timeframe at a large expense to both the owner and Travis, it was a bad deal on both sides. The second built motor is also not running, and has been damaged twice now, though to be honest, both times were apparently not directly related to Travis.
Old 12-26-2004, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member

i didnt search the web...lol and its kinda ironic that all this info is either not true, fraudelant, fake or some bs regarding travis...notice the seal? and you guys would be very suprised from who it came from...not me of course.

btw ive been on this forum quietly for a year.. to say that i searched this out? sure didnt..came to me. thanks. and yes im in NC...the fact is i bought a turbo kit from travis...we even had a deal where he basically had 3 months to deliver...i gave him a deposit in november and the rest would be due at the end of jan when the kit was supposedly to be completed...but the weird instance was..if i didnt have the payment in full by the endo f that time..my deposit would not be refunded and i wouldnt get a kit for the price...i gave travis the benefit of the doubt..i trusted this man...like so many others who ended up getting stiffed...needles to say this kit isnt done to date.
Actually, it's been done... I confused you with someone else. No one is saying that people didn't have valid complaints about waiting for turbo kits.. why do you keep saying that? Yes, you had to wait for your kit.. and you are mad about it.. That's what this is all about.

Travis
Old 12-26-2004, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

its not done bro... i got resources..quit LYING...if its done why isnt it SHIPPED? seeing how long you can wait? that way possibly you can sell this off to another customer as well?
Old 12-26-2004, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member

Ahh, yes a personal gripe.. now it all makes sense. Ryan, anyone in their right mind would do the same. If he is fabricating a kit, and spengin money on custom products to fit your need... how the heck will you get a refund? Whats he gunna do with those parts? Eat them? I can put you in contact with many companies that have the same policy. Atleast he started it with just a deposit, but ofcourse you dont' see that. Call HKS, Call Greddy, Call any large company and tell them to build you a kit with a deposit... when they laugh.. please call me.. so i can say "I told you so!"

Dude, stop crying... Your a grown man.

Jose
Old 12-26-2004, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by SR20DEvlyn
To add, just so everyone here is aware, the built QR25 motors from Forced Induction Racing that he used as part of his experience on the original post, one of them is barely running after thousands of expenses afterwards by another company attempting to fix the problems that were caused in a build that went far above the quoted price and quoted timeframe at a large expense to both the owner and Travis, it was a bad deal on both sides. The second built motor is also not running, and has been damaged twice now, though to be honest, both times were apparently not directly related to Travis.
Actually, the engine is fine.. Dion had problems with the wiring.. after the shop that he took it to back home for final tuning... decided to go in and rewire everything. That shop tried to make money from him.. and told him that the wiring was "inadequate". Funny thing is... it never had a problem with wiring when I drove it home from Little Rock, AR.. which is about 500 miles. That same shop.. is going around, telling people that they built the motor, and car in-house. I even emailed them, and got that same response. One shop bad mouthing another shop to get ahead.. it's nothing new. His car ran fine, and the engine is perfect.

Norlandt's motor had some issues.. they weren't my fault at all. I have the motor at the shop right now.

Who else have you seen who has built 500hp QR's? No one... There are bound to be issues when you are dealing with something of this magnitude. However, the problems we've had were minor, and were worked out.

Travis
Old 12-26-2004, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

bro...its not that...the KIT ISNT DONE! its been a YEAR..its almost 2005 w/ absolutely jack crap to show for the money. thta is the GRIPE! that will always be the GRIPE..not only with me...but most of travis's customers.
Old 12-26-2004, 09:37 PM
5 Year Member

Dude, stop crying... Your a grown man.
Apparently not...
Old 12-26-2004, 09:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

the evidence speaks for itself...travis has been pitching this " im turning my company around" now for years...if you guys dont see it..you deserve to lose your money from this guy.

con-artistry 101 here guys..dont fall for it.
Old 12-26-2004, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member

bro...its not that...the KIT ISNT DONE! its been a YEAR..its almost 2005 w/ absolutely jack crap to show for the money. thta is the GRIPE! that will always be the GRIPE..not only with me...but most of travis's customers.
That's not true.. He has 90% of the kit there.. I just have to send him a few more things.. which I am waiting on to be completed. He's been having those other parts.. for almost 4 months.

Travis

Quick Reply: Forced Induction Racing Scion TC turbocharger development..