Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Forced Induction Racing Scion TC turbocharger development..

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by grnechory
the evidence speaks for itself...travis has been pitching this " im turning my company around" now for years...if you guys dont see it..you deserve to lose your money from this guy.

con-artistry 101 here guys..dont fall for it.
So tell me something? If I'm a "con artist".. then why am I not in jail? All you are doing.. is drumming up as much stuff as you can find on the net about me. In reality.. a few complaints from people over a 3 year span.. isn't too shabby. I am not denying the fact that we had problems. We did.. but those have been rectified.

Travis
Old 12-26-2004, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member

So, if I send these guys a complete kit via COD... would that still make me a con artist Ryan? I'll do that just to prove my point (and my business).

Travis
Old 12-26-2004, 09:43 PM
5 Year Member

Ryan, just stop complaining.. you made your point.. whats the sense of draggin this on? There is no sense.. People had to wait for kits yes... You think this is Greddy? You think Travis has 100 little japanese men running around building kits? (which would be sooo funny).. NO he doesn't. I bet when you get your kit, you will forget it all. They all do. If you don't want it anymore, sell it on ebay. Just stop telling people what to do, you've warned them.. Let the grown-ups make thier own decision. Geeze.. u remind me of Napoleon Dynomite... GEEEEEEEEEZZZEEEEEEE!

Jose
Old 12-26-2004, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

well i believe these scion guys can make an informed decision on what is already posted...those links are hard a FEW btw...that was no where near the amount that i found...i gave up posting...and that was plenty to read.
Old 12-26-2004, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by FIracing
In reality.. a few complaints from people over a 3 year span.. isn't too shabby. I am not denying the fact that we had problems. We did.. but those have been rectified.

Travis
Travis, in one of the threads on b15 for your customers you stated that all people could find are half a dozen members with actual issues with Forced Induction Racing. In that same thread you stated that you had sold 22 kits, with only half or slightly more coming from the forums (b15 and v-board). If your idea of a satisfactory business is that 50% of your customers are piping mad on the forums months after deadlines are past and every thread you post having someone asking where their parts are, then perhaps you should just state that on your webpage.

Enemigo, stop flaming him for posting his feelings on the company and maybe he would be able to stop responding. The going back and forth with name calling is very childish and looks bad for the community as a whole. Again, there was nothing wrong with the links he posted, they are honest feedback from customers of the company other than himself. Personal attacks turned this thread into what it was, and this wasn't Ryan's fault alone. You posted your feelings about Forced Induction Racing, be done with it.
Old 12-26-2004, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member

6 out of 22 is 50%? Like I said.. I'm not perfect.

Travis
Old 12-26-2004, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member

http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~shane0...s/percent.html

6 of 22 = 27.27272727272727

I'm not taking sides.... jusst wanted to be part of the action....
Old 12-26-2004, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Travis

travis you dont have to be perfect to have a reputable business...like said previously once before...where there is smoke...there is fire...you dont see hardly any reputable company that does custom work get reamed in the matter you have w/o cause and effect..you screw people...you get the aftermath....

but irregardless ....if you say you are slow...you should offer a refund plain and simple...when you inform a customer 4 to 6 weeks for something then it takes 8 to 12 months...you need to have a course of action ...but you refuse to have any recourse to your poor customer service and business ethics...instead you hold the customers money hostage and force them to wait..unless they lose a crap load of money selling to someone else who can put a fresh new set of legs on the waiting game.
Old 12-26-2004, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by D31usion
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~shane007/maths/percent.html

6 of 22 = 27.27272727272727

I'm not taking sides.... jusst wanted to be part of the action....

lmfao... :D btw nice tc
Old 12-26-2004, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member

Travis
If half or slightly more than half of your customers are from the boards, the number of forum customers is 12-14. So yes, 6 of those 12-14 customers that are on the boards is in the neighborhood of 50%.
Old 12-26-2004, 10:16 PM
5 Year Member

You didn't answer my question Ryan...

If I send out complete turbo kits via COD.. does that still mean that I'm a con artist? ;)

Travis
Old 12-26-2004, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by SR20DEvlyn

Travis
If half or slightly more than half of your customers are from the boards, the number of forum customers is 12-14. So yes, 6 of those 12-14 customers that are on the boards is in the neighborhood of 50%.
Statistics prove that most people will post on the net only if they have been wronged, or had a bad experience. So, I don't go by just forum members a lone when I look at numbers.

Travis
Old 12-26-2004, 10:22 PM
5 Year Member

Travis
Statistics prove that most people will post on the net only if they have been wronged, or had a bad experience. So, I don't go by just forum members a lone when I look at numbers.

Travis
Umm... right... I guess when comparing 27% to 50% unsastisfied customers, suddenly things look much better for FIR.

If you were able to send out the kits COD, obviously that would please the Scion members. If this were possible, why can't you fulfill the remaining kits for the B15 that have been outstanding orders for quite some time and paid for?
Old 12-26-2004, 10:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol you are dealing on the internet forums..those #'s should be taken heavily as they would offer a valid comparison..but anyways .THAT is a crappy ratio...thats like bidding on ebay with someone with a 50 percent feed back rating...you send a kit cod? like that will ever happen...as you said yourself..you build these things to order...unless there is another reason why you dont refund?
Old 12-26-2004, 10:23 PM
5 Year Member

Well, to sum this up... If you feel uncomfortable with sending me your money up front.. I will send out a kit to you via COD, at no extra charge to you. If you want to discuss anything as far as details, please PM me, or give me a call at 985-713-1542.

Travis
Old 12-26-2004, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member

Travis

Travis
Umm... right... I guess when comparing 27% to 50% unsastisfied customers, suddenly things look much better for FIR.

If you were able to send out the kits COD, obviously that would please the Scion members. If this were possible, why can't you fulfill the remaining kits for the B15 that have been outstanding orders for quite some time and paid for?
I AM! lol.. that's what you guys don't get. I have 2 more kits to take care of. Why do you think I asked Jamie at PTI for help? He is now helping with getting the fabrication done. I haven't realy taken anymore orders for kits.. because I want to get these cleared up first.

Every time that I try to get things straightened out, people have to come in like this, and ruin it.

Travis
Old 12-26-2004, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Every time that I try to get things straightened out, people have to come in like this, and ruin it.

Travis
lmfao..this is the classic travis trying to make the unknowledgable feel bad for him and sympathize for something thats totally his fault....

man you have been trying to do this so called "staightening out" for 2 years..if it hasnt happened by now...maybe you should try a different profession?
Old 12-26-2004, 10:30 PM
5 Year Member

just wanted to add... con artists usually exploit a weakness in their victim. Using the victim's desire in order to profit. Sacrafice a little.... gain a lot more...

I'd say COD'ing a few turbo kit's is a small sacrafice...
Old 12-26-2004, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member

If you think that way.. I'll do them all COD.. how's that? I have no desire to rip anyone off. And if you go in on the boards and look around.. EVERY SINGLE person, has always gotten thier stuff from me. Not ONCE have I ever taken someone's money, and not delivered.

Travis
Old 12-26-2004, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by grnechory

Travis
lmfao..this is the classic travis trying to make the unknowledgable feel bad for him and sympathize for something thats totally his fault....

man you have been trying to do this so called "staightening out" for 2 years..if it hasnt happened by now...maybe you should try a different profession?
No, this is Travis, fed up with people like you, who blow things out of proportion, and travel around on forums to bad mouth me. My offer still stands too btw.. Of course, you're too much of a coward to accept it.

Why do I need to try a different profession? I've been doing this, succesfully for almost 4 years. People don't stay in business for that long by "ripping people off".
Travis

Quick Reply: Forced Induction Racing Scion TC turbocharger development..