Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

!!!!Fujita Cold Air Intake...Please read!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

make sure the maf is installed properly, tight, and I would clean it off. like mentioned it's a very touch part. one of the big reasons why this COULD happen is that something is loose somewhere between the throttle body and the filter. i would go over, retighten everything, and check for leaks. if you clean the MAF, and tighten everything up, that should pretty much take care of it. i would try that before you go any further. if it doesn't help, let us know.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You're doing the right thing by getting Fujita involved. Good too that they want to verify you have the 07 version.

The code is definitely for the MAF sensor.

https://www.scionlife.com/tech/manual/?manual=tc05_0271

There are other possibilities besides having to buy a new MAF sensor. It could just need cleaning as mentioned - use Throttle Body Cleaner (not just any electronic spray cleaner) and air dry. And you could still try putting the stock intake back on. Or, maybe Fujita sent you the wrong version after all. Verify that first.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I've got the fujita intake for the 07 and its been on for about 2 weeks and nothing has gone wrong, no CEL or anything.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i put the stock stock box back on iv gone 40 miles and no cell my code reader says everythings green i was thinking the filter needed oil but Fujita says its a dry element filter...
Old 05-09-2007, 11:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats wierd, i wanted an intake for my 07 i may not bother for some time...once you find out wats up post...if you got one oil mark from your fingures on it all the dust will stick so you maybe a clean like everyone said. some brake clean and light air to dry do it 3 times just spray the Sh&* out of it..old 4runners get MAF codes all the time clean the MAF and its good.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just curious why does everyone say pull the EFI fuse isnt that multiport fuel injection?? what does that have to do with the intake
Old 05-12-2007, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

21miles this time...im thinkin it has something to do with exhaust recirculation tube or the size of the pipe at the MAF.... thats the only diff. i see between Fujita and injen maybe the pipe size too
Old 05-12-2007, 10:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are you letting the car sit and idle for 5 min "after" you reconnect the neg batt terminal?

check for leaks "around" were the MAF sits, this seal is the most common cause for CEL for MAF.

I always wondered about the fujita and their 2.75 straight pipe even at the MAF point, but i think K&N is the same and no probs there...
Old 05-13-2007, 01:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TrickedRide1
21miles this time...im thinkin it has something to do with exhaust recirculation tube or the size of the pipe at the MAF.... thats the only diff. i see between Fujita and injen maybe the pipe size too
Sounds like you put the Fujita back on. You never said if you did/did not get a CEL with the stock airbox and how many miles on stock before putting the Fujita back on.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

aprox 85 with stockbox...im tryin out a new method to see if it works CAI is back on and iv gone 45 miles so far with no cell im gonna go for a long drive tonight whenever i get outa work and ill let ya know the result....fingers crossed
Old 05-13-2007, 05:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

reset everything again and theres a pending code P0101 again......90 miles w/Fujita on but cel is NOT on "yet"...im losin my Freakin mind...if the light comes on im gooin back stock for a few hundred miles[/img]
Old 05-13-2007, 05:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hate to say this but...you might have burned out your MAF...
if you don't idle the car after reconnecting the batt AND if you then REV or drive the car hard directly after the install(with out the 3 min minimum idle) you can shock/burn out the MAF's hot wire element.

your best bet...
go back to the stock box, run it till you get the CEL, take it to the dealer and be like" hey man i was on an on high way ramp and gassed it normal and this CEL came on...was up with that? ahemm warranty"

then once the dealer gives you a new MAF try the fujita again.
Even better see if fujita will switch it out for another one.

good luck.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I have a Fujita intake system made for '04-'06 on my '07 and the only problem is with the MAF. The mounting holes for the MAF are different from the '07 models so I just made a custom bracket to hold it in place. I never got a MIL light from the install though. You may have damaged the MAF sensor in the process of installing the intake system.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

130 miles, she drives real nice now and no cel....if i burned out the MAF wouldnt the cel come on right away
Old 05-14-2007, 06:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

well, to add to the fujita caution.. i put mine on, did a 3-5 min idle, drove for 23 miles, and got the cel... reset it, rode for 35 miles got the cel again... drove for 10-15 miles after that with the light, got home tonight, did the big3 (and reset)got a cel as soon as i turned it on... let it idle for about 10 mins then drove it .25 miles (if that) by the end of the short drive the cel was off... so now its just waiting time to see what happens..
Old 05-14-2007, 10:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TrickedRide1
130 miles, she drives real nice now and no cel....if i burned out the MAF wouldnt the cel come on right away
Yes it would. And the car would run like $h1t, or maybe not run at all.

And, as I understand it - not 100% sure from reading your posts - the CEL never came on with stock intake. That would mean all stock parts including the MAF sensor are good.

Sounds like a flaw with the '07 Fujita intake. Especially with the other Fujita owners chiming in now.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah this looks sucky on Fujita, I have a EBAY CAI its based on the Fujita design with the 2.75 pipe all the way through, and I'm terrified to put it on because of the whole CEL thing.

it has been noted that the tC's MAF is set for 2.5 piping which is why most intakes are 2.5 pipe (TRD, AEM) while other 3" intakes like Injen and Weapon R shrink down to 2.5 at the MAF.

yet Fujita and K&N run 2.75 pipe all through...

Oh and yes if you had burned the MAF your car would barely be able to idle and would lose all power when you stepped on the gas.

_____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 06-22-2019 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 05-14-2007, 11:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well as soon as i hit 155miles today the cell came on i was cruisin the highway at 80mph i think thats about 3600rpm i have decided to go back to stock again but only for a few hundred miles.... if everythings clear no cell and no pending codes then i will install the Injen CAI which is in the mail already.....ill keep everyone informed of my progress......good luck orangesuburban i hope u get further than me
Old 05-14-2007, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've had mine on for about 2500 miles and no CEL. I disconnected the battery before I installed the CAI (Fujita) and after I let it idle for about 5 minutes and took it for a spin. 2500 miles and nothing.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 06-22-2019 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 05-15-2007, 05:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

well, i got my codes read today.... i had a

p0101
p0102
p0113

after the codes were read the guy at the shop cleared them for me... they came on 15 miles later

i stopped by walmart and picked up a set of long sockets, this allowed me to tighten all the clamps more, i also tightened the maf a little more. i checked all the hoses to make sure they are correct... i let it idle for about 10 mins then took it for a quick spin (i did not reset it yet) the car runs fine(i think), it idles fine. no problems at stop... about the 3k thing, is an auto tC supposed to shift at 3k rpms? because thats where mine shifts at, i can put it in neutral and rev it over 3 no problem, but on the roads i was driving on i couldnt get it to speed that would cruse over 3k, every time it would hit 3k it would shift (only got up to about 50mph) i take the interstate to work so ill see what happens in the morning...

Quick Reply: !!!!Fujita Cold Air Intake...Please read!!!!