Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

!!!!Fujita Cold Air Intake...Please read!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 08:20 PM
SL Member

My car had the Fujita CAI when I bought it. When I bought and drove it for like 500 miles, no CEL. CEL came on, brought it back to the dealer, they swapped out for a new MAF, no CEL. Drove it 100 miles, CEL is back on. CEL goes off and then comes back on. Annoying. I'm just taking the CAI and need to get a stock intake to replace it with.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mine and a friend of mine that has this intake does the same thing the check engine light comes one. Aside from drinking gas while it is on i was told that our MAF sensors do not like anything passing by them. Seeing as the filters are oil based that travels through the intake and getting stuck on the senor thus throwing a code. After a while it will go off. Mine comes on and off every blue moon or so many miles but then turns off after a few. So i was told to get a dry air flow filter non oil based and that should take care of the problem. Having done so yet as it really doesnt bother me that much. I have a old AEM filter that i need to clean once the time comes to change filters i will use that and see what it does.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:49 AM
SL Member

Thumbs up

OK, so I just wanted to let you all know that I got a-hold of Fugita and sent them a pic of my intake and apparently their early '07 tC intake diamiter at the MAF sensor is too large. I sent them a pic and they confirmed i had the early version and are sending me the new pipe for free, they have assured me that this new pipe will prevent my P0101 Code in the future.
I know someone else either in this thread or another has done the same thing.
I have attached one of the pictures that I sent to Fugita below.
I will post a picture of the new pipe next to the old pipe after it arives so you can see the difference.
Attached Thumbnails !!!!Fujita Cold Air Intake...Please read!!!!-100_0094.jpg  
Old 01-07-2010, 09:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific
SL Member

I have an intake as well and when it got installed the check engine light went on as well...i thought maybe the computer didnt recognize it....so when i went to get the oil changed they took it off. Doesnt it happen with all intakes installed?
Old 01-08-2010, 12:03 AM
SL Member

Shouldn't but if you have it reset and it never comes back on then you wont have to worry about it, mine(and others) keeps coming back on and Fugita was and is aware of the problem and so they have adjusted their intakes accordingly. I got my new pipe today so I will post comparison pictures tonight.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:08 AM
SL Member

Thumbs up

I installed the intake piece tonight, here are some pics.(Old intake is the one at the top of the pic and the new one is below it) So far no CEL... but I'll keep you guys updated if that changes.
Attached Thumbnails !!!!Fujita Cold Air Intake...Please read!!!!-100_0098.jpg   !!!!Fujita Cold Air Intake...Please read!!!!-100_0095.jpg  
Old 01-08-2010, 12:02 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

when i installed mine i got the CEL at first like everyone else. you jut disconnect the bat for about 5 min to let things reset and then hook it back up
Old 01-09-2010, 06:05 AM
SL Member

lol yeah i did that do... about 7 times a day for 3 days then just left the cel on till I got the new pipe
Old 01-10-2010, 01:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

where you get the new pipe from? im having the same problems
Old 01-10-2010, 07:32 AM
SL Member

Contact Fugita via email, it took them approx. 4 to 5 days to get back to me maybe less. Got my pipe for free, just had to take a pic of the old pipe installed and promised to destroy (and then take pics of) the original pipe as soon as I installed and checked the new pipe.

(Make sure everything fits correctly before you destroy your original pipe!)

Customer service was pretty straight forward and easy, they were very nice and never just assumed I was some guy trying to get a free intake. I was quite pleased with the overall experience.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

alright man thanks alot
Old 01-12-2010, 08:52 PM
SL Member

i had the same problem wit mine cai...could it be the intake itself and maybe sucking in too much air..and if it is do i need a new intake or will the comuter adjust to the new air flow and maybe the light will go off after a while?
Old 01-12-2010, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

disconnect the battery for alittle bit. Then hook it back up, let the car run for 10 mins or so then take it for a slow easy drive so the ecu can learn, if it comes back then you have some kind of problem.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:58 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by KFedyszyn
i had the same problem wit mine cai...could it be the intake itself and maybe sucking in too much air..and if it is do i need a new intake or will the comuter adjust to the new air flow and maybe the light will go off after a while?
Yeah the computer does compensate BUT the MAF sensor is getting confused because the pipe diamiter is too large so it is tripping the CEL, I installed the new pipe that fugita sent me and since then no CEL. Fugita just made the diamiter of the pipe at the MAF too large.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The problem is not exactly the pipe diameter. The pipe diameter of the stock intake box maf sensor is 2.75" which is the same as the fujita pipe. The problem is that the MAF sensor is pointing the wrong way. The original intake box points the MAF sensor with the connecting wires pointing to the cabin. the Fujita intake makes the MAF sensor plug point away from the cabin, which is opposite directions. FUJITA screwed this one up big time. you can call them and get a warranty exchange.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

weird, my original 2.75 faced the right way and i still got occasional CELs (in the wet). still switched it out for the new one tho. decided to go polished this time so now ive got a half half system lol.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL...I'm having the same issues on my 07 with their intake. Just tried to email them and the mailbox is full! Damn it.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jaylouie
The problem is not exactly the pipe diameter. The pipe diameter of the stock intake box maf sensor is 2.75" which is the same as the fujita pipe. The problem is that the MAF sensor is pointing the wrong way. The original intake box points the MAF sensor with the connecting wires pointing to the cabin. the Fujita intake makes the MAF sensor plug point away from the cabin, which is opposite directions. FUJITA screwed this one up big time. you can call them and get a warranty exchange.
sounds more like it was installed wrong or you tried to put the wrong year intake on the wrong year tC.
if you tried to put an 05-06 intake on an 07+ tC the MAFS would be installed wrong and have gap issues.
and putting an 07+ intake on an 05-06 tC, in addition to being rotated wrong as well the MAFS probably wouldn't even fit.

you can even see in the pics above, the MAF is seated in the right direction.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

actually gjpjr, you are right, mines might have been installed wrong, but i still got the new version with the smaller diameter around the maf sensor after a warranty exchange. I tried emailing F5 and no reply, but when you call them, they will help you out, i spoke to a guy named paul. hope this helps
Old 02-09-2010, 11:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jaylouie
actually gjpjr, you are right, mines might have been installed wrong, but i still got the new version with the smaller diameter around the maf sensor after a warranty exchange. I tried emailing F5 and no reply, but when you call them, they will help you out, i spoke to a guy named paul. hope this helps
You got an 05-06 intake in an 07 box. Happened to me with my latest Fujia purchase. (Off of Ebay)

Randode.com sells an adapter that will work and has a cool skull on it.

-Sean

Quick Reply: !!!!Fujita Cold Air Intake...Please read!!!!