Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

full exhaust recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I will agree that the draxas system is not cheap. But the quality and sound are amazing with the kit. One of the biggest selling points to me aside from the sound of the kit was the 'stock' looking canister. I try to avoid any sort of rice appearing/sounding modifications to my car.

If you dont have a lot of money to spend you might want to go with the megan. If you can afford the couple hundred extra and plan on getting a header I'd say get the draxas system for sure.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

how about we stick to the topic instead of bashing one anothers preferences and help this person out
Old 07-17-2006, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

not bashing, its more or less a debate, and thats healthy. me and double got no hard feelings towards one. its a free contry, he like megan, i like draxas, and thats 100% a-o-k =]

so by that debate, he gets to learn things about both exhaust, and choose the path thats best for him
Old 07-17-2006, 07:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^ ditto
Old 07-17-2006, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Check out Creative Compacts
Old 07-17-2006, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What about Magnaflow? I have it waiting to be installed. It's a catback, so I wonder how it sounds and how good is it? I'm soooo mad that it's a 2.25 piping. I want at least 2.5, 2.75 or 3.0 piping. I really hope this Magnaflow catback is good.

Anyone can give me tips or reviews?
Old 07-17-2006, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by 20tCDude05
What about Magnaflow? I have it waiting to be installed. It's a catback, so I wonder how it sounds and how good is it? I'm soooo mad that it's a 2.25 piping. I want at least 2.5, 2.75 or 3.0 piping. I really hope this Magnaflow catback is good.

go install it and post up pics! catback isn't difficult to install, just a couple bolts and hangers. i love my megan catback!
Old 07-17-2006, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by brian

go install it and post up pics! catback isn't difficult to install, just a couple bolts and hangers. i love my megan catback!
I gotta cut it 3.5 inches away from the cat. converter. So, I will have a shop do it for me, how much does it cost for them to install it?
Old 07-17-2006, 11:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

why don't you just bolt it on? you want to keep the secondary cat? that's paying money to take away power and sound.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why don't you just bolt it on? you want to keep the secondary cat? that's paying money to take away power and sound.
'

Really? Now I'm interested...
Old 07-18-2006, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

just go outside an install it, shouldn't take very long. get some help from a friend or two if any are available.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member

They have a sound clip on their website. Sounds really good to me. Not too loud and a fairly deep tone.

http://www.magnaflow.com/04sound/sportsound/05tc.html
Old 07-18-2006, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Not bad. And just to not confuse people, when you say Cat-back, You are refering to the Cat that's in the header right? If your talking about the second Cat, then the exhaust that go from the S-Pipe back will yeild better gains than those that stop at the second Cat. ZPI's exhaust is an 2.5 inch S-Pipe back exhaust.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yup.. when they say cat back they are referring to the secondary cat, so its not a bolt on, you have to cut and weld. HOWEVER.. what you should do is just delete the cat, it really serves no purpose as all it does is pick up what the first cat left behind..

i basically have the magnaflow cat back and i love the sound.. its a 2.25" midpipe, no cat or resonator leading to a 2.5" axleback.. it sounds great[/list]
Old 07-18-2006, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

if it's a catback exhaust, shouldn't it come with a midpipe that just connects to the spipe? it should just be a standard bolt on exhaust, i don't get why everyone keeps talking about welding...(unless you're adding a resonator)
Old 07-18-2006, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I also have the Magnaflow and love the sound. The quality is great. The install was a piece of cake. Other then basic tools you will need a sawzz all. Magnaflow requires you to cut the pipe 3 inches after the cat. Installation took less then an hour. I loved my system until I put the DC Sport header on. Now it is raspy. I ordered up a Magnaflow 18" resonator (part #10425) to get rid of the raspy sound. i should have it installed within a month or so.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if it's a catback exhaust, shouldn't it come with a midpipe that just connects to the spipe? it should just be a standard bolt on exhaust, i don't get why everyone keeps talking about welding...(unless you're adding a resonator)
i dont think you are understanding... THIS IS A CAT BACK.. A TRUE CAT BACK. meaning that it bolts after the secondary cat.. and to your suprise, the cat is not bolted on, but rather welded onto the midpipe, therfore, magnaflow tried to keep it legal and only went up to the cat.. so you have to cut the pipe after the cat and weld OR clamp yours on to the stock cat...

if you look under your car and stop running your mouth you will see what i mean
Old 07-18-2006, 10:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i have the megan catback which deletes the secondary cat. i thought all the available catbacks did this but i guess magnaflow decided to make things more difficult. they should have just included a midpipe that goes straight to the s pipe...oh well.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya thats what i think as well.. however they try to make all of their systems 50state legal.. the megan isnt. most foreign companies can care less about emissions, they do take sound into consideration but thats it.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by blackonblacktc
i dont think you are understanding... THIS IS A CAT BACK.. A TRUE CAT BACK. meaning that it bolts after the secondary cat.. and to your suprise, the cat is not bolted on, but rather welded onto the midpipe, therfore, magnaflow tried to keep it legal and only went up to the cat.. so you have to cut the pipe after the cat and weld OR clamp yours on to the stock cat...

if you look under your car and stop running your mouth you will see what i mean
Well, I guess that sucks for you, because leaving the secondary Cat on is not going to yield the same results as some of the other exhaust systems like ZPI's that go all the way to the S-pipe.

P.S... No cutting or welding necessary.

Quick Reply: full exhaust recommendations