Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

FWD/RWD/AWD + about 350-400 HP?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member

Default FWD/RWD/AWD + about 350-400 HP?

Hey Guys..

first off all, im from germany so if my english is any bad, sorry in advance!

I want to import a 2009er Scion tC so i got a few questions.

In germany, people just add AWD(4WD or how you call that) to their cars if they want to... My question is: are there any AWD or RWD 09' tCs out there in the US? I used the board search and all i found is alot of spam and random comments... Well.. just to make you guys understand. At the moment i got a 340 HP Golf 5 GTI and i dont really want to go back powerwise so i decided to look for a few engine improvements... with some other work included they could bring the tC to atleast 400 HP..(atleast thats what they say on a few websites.) So my question is.. does anyone of you guys nearly have that power on his FWD tC? because i guess you cant really get the 400 HP on the street ( if you guys get what im on about... )... Wouldn it just loose the grip in the very beginning?

+ another question is ( sorry if there are threads already but i didn make research on that one yet. ) are there any twin turbos for the tC? or are they all just "normal" turbo kits?

so yea... would be nice if theres some help out there as im not able to go to a scion shop to talk about it as there are nearly no scions in germany at all + 99% of the germans never even heard about this mark

thanks in advance, claudio
Old 06-06-2011, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

IS the awd toyota avensis available in germany? if so you have some of the parts you need to get awd going, As the chassis is near identical, allowing you to use things like fuel tank rear axles/driveshaft etc. I made a post about part needed to do an awd tc a few months back, as i have been collecting the needed parts myself. Oh and if you have access to the 1994-1998 or so toyota celica gt-four you can get the awd transmission from that and it bolts on to the tc engine.

You still have alot of work to make it work but not bad since many of the components bolt on. I was going to start mine last fall but my tc was taken out by a semi truck. Let me know if you have any questions
Old 06-06-2011, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by gtfourtc
IS the awd toyota avensis available in germany? if so you have some of the parts you need to get awd going, As the chassis is near identical, allowing you to use things like fuel tank rear axles/driveshaft etc. I made a post about part needed to do an awd tc a few months back, as i have been collecting the needed parts myself. Oh and if you have access to the 1994-1998 or so toyota celica gt-four you can get the awd transmission from that and it bolts on to the tc engine.

You still have alot of work to make it work but not bad since many of the components bolt on. I was going to start mine last fall but my tc was taken out by a semi truck. Let me know if you have any questions
ah that sounds nice sad for your tc tho .. yea we do have the avensis in germany.. need to check out if its available as an AWD version tho...

while surfing.. i DO have another question going... i checked the board but maybe i just dont know the right word for it...

as the car is really small, i was wondering if its even possible to add a double dual exhaust? like twice a (OO)... if u get what i mean :D

searched for those on the net but couldn find any? theres a exhaust sum thread on this board but sadly most of the vids are down
Old 06-06-2011, 12:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

by "double dual exhaust" do you mean splitting the single pipe at the engine and running two all the way from the engine to the back or splitting the pipe at the rear axle and running dual mufflers/ dual exits. There would be no need or reason to run dual pipes from the engine, but by all mean you can do dual mufflers/exits.

I had a custom strait pipe the went from the single pipe at the back of the midpipe to a y so i could run a dual outlet. I did have to cut the oem muffler and i just matched the cutout to the one already there. I like the dual look much more myself.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by gtfourtc
by "double dual exhaust" do you mean splitting the single pipe at the engine and running two all the way from the engine to the back or splitting the pipe at the rear axle and running dual mufflers/ dual exits. There would be no need or reason to run dual pipes from the engine, but by all mean you can do dual mufflers/exits.

I had a custom strait pipe the went from the single pipe at the back of the midpipe to a y so i could run a dual outlet. I did have to cut the oem muffler and i just matched the cutout to the one already there. I like the dual look much more myself.
yea. i mean dual mufflers at the end... ill ad a picture. give me a second

as you said, theres no need of a H or X-Pipe? so just a straight single pipe would do?
Old 06-06-2011, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes pictures just like you have it would work, of course you may need to angle the mufflers a little since the rear of the tc is pretty short.