Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

gauging interest on higher hp s/c kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 04:54 PM
5 Year Member

Default gauging interest on higher hp s/c kit

hey guys ,
i have the great pleasure of living near and being good friends with the owner of RIPP MODIFICATIONS (www.rippmods.com)in N.Y. I was talking to him about possibly fabricateing a supercharger kit for the TC that would give some real hp gains compared to the TRD kit.
The kit would include the following:
Vortech v5 g trim supercharger
A show quality supercharger drive system(look at pics on their site)
Injectors and engine management
All belts, hoses, connectors, connectors pipeing etc.

the stage 1 kit would be good for appx. 260hp @9psi. The horse power would be very usable on a daily driven car and would feel like it came this fast from
the factory without any of the cold start or reliability issues normally associated with aftermarket turbo systems .
All stages to come later would be add on components to the stage 1 kit. so you can add hp as you go.
There would be some options available such as Polishing of the entire system -appx$250
and your choice of silicone connector colors-N/C

It would take 10 units to make this happen and the cost of the kits would be appx. $4000
a 10% discount would be applied to all preorder applicants. making the kit $3600
A $1000 deposit on pre order units would be required. and pre orders would be handled by contract for peace of mind to the pre order applicants.
devlopment would take appx 90 days from pre order finalization and the kits would ship immediately.

Now for those of you who do not know who Ripp modifications is they are currently the
worlds largest 3rd party distributors of vortech suprchargers . They are the initial designer and developers of the supercharger driveshaft system and own all the patents for the design(even for the one used on the TRD system) they have been featured on on ESPN2 and FUNKMASTER FLEX as well as in many publications such as Turbo and high performance and S3(speed style and sound)
Check out the links for video clips and info:

http://rippmods.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=737

Ross the owner has made the sales and Marketing of this kit our "Baby"
so STREET STEALTH CONCEPTS INC.will be handleing all the pre order and tech questions you may have for this kit .

Feel free to contact us at:
718-874 8536 or email us at csdept@street-stealth.com
we will be posting full info with pics and components shortly on our website
www.street-stealth.com

thanks guys and give us your feed back let us know what you think
Old 10-02-2005, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would definately be interested in that, but would be hesitant within three years because of warranty. would there be any way to just change the fan pitch, number of blades, or housing size enough to make a difference?
Old 10-02-2005, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If the computer re-flash on the TRD kit could be gotten or done...I wonder if Toyota would have a harder time voiding your warranty for not buying "their" supercharger. Just a thought.

ALSO...

A other project.... since they are experts would be figuring out mod kits that can be reversed on the factory kit if you get what I mean. I would have them get a hold of the TRD one through their contacts.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member

i would rather buy that kit than the dealer offering.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

would it be carb legal? i know ripp makes carb legal kits for other cars
Old 10-02-2005, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh god no...

ask ross if he wants to do a blow through or suck through design... and why he sold my friend chris refurbished injectors labelled as new...

i really hope they lose interest in this platform

p.s. it's hilarious that you're already
1) downtalking turbos
2) making the SDS look better than the TRD (even though the TRD isn't out yet)
Old 10-03-2005, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member

o.k i dont wanna play this game

1) i am not downtalking turbos i have owned many turbo cars.....however there are minor run problems associated with aftermarket turbo kits. i dont want people to start
ANOTHER supercharger vs.turbo thread. its just that aftermarket turbo kits have a less than OEM feeling to them. Although turbos are known for making higher numbers
superchargers are more known for their reliability. And im talking about street driven usable power .Our cars redline at 6300 rpms so if your 16g or t3/ t4 starts making power at 2800rpms and full boost by35-3800 rpms than that leaves you 2500 rpms of full power. the supercharger makes power starting at 850 rpms and will pull fully up to redline so ON A STREET DRIVEN/DAILY DRIVEN CAR which do you think will make moreUSABLE power?Matty living in florida i really cant see cold start reliability being an issue to you, but when it is 10 below zero and you have to wait in your car for 5 minutes until you can drive away is an issue here in the northeast.

2) i am basing the trd to sds solely on hp to $ and on nothing else we have all seen what the trd s/c looks like even though its not out(which it is by the way)and the sds is prettier

look matt im not trying to rant all i am saying is that this kit has a lot of potential and Ross has a lot of experience in the field i am sorry that your friend had a bad experience with ross but the guy does manage to sell over 400 kits a year without complaints and besides the scion community will be dealing with us not Ross
he will be the manufacter but it will be our jobs to make you guys happy in the end.

thanks for listening
Old 10-03-2005, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

TRD is already using a Vortech S/C and you could just add upgrades to it to produce 260hp. I am not impressed.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by streetstealth
o.k i dont wanna play this game

1) i am not downtalking turbos i have owned many turbo cars.....however there are minor run problems associated with aftermarket turbo kits. i dont want people to start
ANOTHER supercharger vs.turbo thread. its just that aftermarket turbo kits have a less than OEM feeling to them. Although turbos are known for making higher numbers
superchargers are more known for their reliability. And im talking about street driven usable power.Our cars redline at 6300 rpms so if your 16g or t3/ t4 starts making power at 2800rpms and full boost by35-3800 rpms than that leaves you 2500 rpms of full power. the supercharger makes power starting at 850 rpms and will pull fully up to redline so ON A STREET DRIVEN/DAILY DRIVEN CAR which do you think will make moreUSABLE power?Matty living in florida i really cant see cold start reliability being an issue to you, but when it is 10 below zero and you have to wait in your car for 5 minutes until you can drive away is an issue here in the northeast.

2) i am basing the trd to sds solely on hp to $ and on nothing else we have all seen what the trd s/c looks like even though its not out(which it is by the way)and the sds is prettier

look matt im not trying to rant all i am saying is that this kit has a lot of potential and Ross has a lot of experience in the field i am sorry that your friend had a bad experience with ross but the guy does manage to sell over 400 kits a year without complaints and besides the scion community will be dealing with us not Ross
he will be the manufacter but it will be our jobs to make you guys happy in the end.

thanks for listening
1) this isn't a game.

how many scion tC turbo kits have you seen or had experience with?
how about the 6g72 SDS setup that hit full boost at 4krpm?
how about the fact that the design was so flawed that there was a kit sold to FIX THE SDS DESIGN?
and how about it took 20+ psi and methanol for RIPMODDS to figure it out themselves even after having been told this over and over?
how about the 1k mile black/greybox learning period?

then there's the bs claim that no SDS setup has ever blown an engine. how about the car that ross blew up when racing michael rule in his 3rd gen eclipse (which was turbo'd running lower boost and still beat him, btw)?

i know nothing about freezing weather as i've never lived anywhere but florida.. couldn't tell you

and your argument about where the SDS hits boost and the turbos have lag... are you saying you hit full boost at 850rpm?

2) hp to $ is bs because you don't know the real power it's going to make.

without complaints? are you SERIOUS? i'm not a new kid on the block when it comes to hearing about RIPPMODS and having contact with their products.

i seriously have issue with the business practices of RIPPMODS and the bs FUD used to sell ross' product

i would like the entire scionlife community to hear the WHOLE STORY before $ starts heading the RIPPMODS direction....
Old 10-03-2005, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

in regards to the 3rd gen eclipse SDS setup... customers are told that "at first" that you would throw 300 codes(i.e. P300, P302, P304) which are cylinder misfires.... while their blackboc/greybox/stock ECU LEARN the condition of boost.

intelligent design... yay
Old 10-03-2005, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sooo are saying you dont like RIPPMODS? I just cant tell by your tone how you really feel.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

this is great. I live on Staten Island, and would definetely be interested in the RIPP SC for the tC. I was considering sending them an e-mail but never did, since i never thought they would want to compete with the TRD supercharger. Unfortunetely, i do not have the money right now for a deposit, and will not until next summer but i am definetely interested on what ripp has in store for the tC.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by The_Instigator
Sooo are saying you dont like RIPPMODS? I just cant tell by your tone how you really feel.
I don't think their R&D is very well done. I think their product design reflects that.

I think their business practices of talking down competitors products speaks volumes of what type of business it is.

Regardless, I think Ross is a ***** and thinks he knows everything. If you do not agree with what he has to say, he automatically resorts to being rude. He does NOT have an open mind and once referred to himself as either jesus christ or the dali f'n lama of the forced induction world (world being limited to the 4g64/6g72 mitsubishi platform).

My personal opinion doesn't matter though... I don't tell people what to do... I just want people to be educated prior to throwing their money at them.

I know RIPPMODS will not walk away with your money. They are established enough to not have to worry about them folding and running with your money. It's just every other aspect of the business/product that i do not like.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matty-tC

Regardless, I think Ross is a ***** and thinks he knows everything. If you do not agree with what he has to say, he automatically resorts to being rude. He does NOT have an open mind and once referred to himself as either jesus christ or the dali f'n lama of the forced induction world (world being limited to the 4g64/6g72 mitsubishi platform).
LOL they should partner up with monstermotorworks....theyd either get along perfectly or kill each other
Old 10-03-2005, 04:29 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i have a question street stealth.
every single one of ripps sds systems require an aftermarket in order for it to run properly. i know there are several headers on the market, none of which that will not throw a CEL. Is an aftermarket header still going to be necessary on the tC?
Thanks,
Chris
Old 10-03-2005, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Stay away from ross and rippmods... I had several friends on the 2gStratus boards who had their s/c and severely messed up their engines (6g72, same as the eclipse). Their black box piggyback computer system is unreliable, and there has to be a reason why ross insists you use their black box piggyback, instead of a nice universal enginge management system.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheQuietThings
i have a question street stealth.
every single one of ripps sds systems require an aftermarket in order for it to run properly. i know there are several headers on the market, none of which that will not throw a CEL. Is an aftermarket header still going to be necessary on the tC?
Thanks,
Chris
Huh.. uh alot of headers arent throwing cel's
Old 10-03-2005, 05:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the only one that is not throwing a cel it is the MMW. (as far i know)
Old 10-03-2005, 05:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I think the others have solved the problem... if u want to get a mmw header I got a friend selling one other then that I dont think ull be getting one from mmw any time soon.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Revilo
the only one that is not throwing a cel it is the MMW. (as far i know)
my alphawerks with antifouler isn't

Quick Reply: gauging interest on higher hp s/c kit