Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Give Me reasons not to get rid of my tC!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 06:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Another reason to keep your tc..is that it's reliable it gets here and there..and you still have the warranty i believe?..Im sorry to hear about the ZPI thing I was thinking of sellin my SC and get a Zpi stage 1 kit..but when you told us that I'm a little shook to buy frm them..
Old 10-12-2006, 10:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

sell your TC FOR A NEW ONE =D
Old 10-12-2006, 12:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sell your current tC and get a new one, then let Dezod get their hands on it...
Old 10-12-2006, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I'd love to go Dezod but the reality is I can't afford it again. My $1500 budget for next year is basically my whole tax teturn. I wish nothing ever went wrong in the first place because I want my car turbo'd more than anything but its just not feesable. I was looking into the rsx because its only $15500 so my monthly payment wouldn't increase. I love my tC but like most car guys, I'm just not satisfied with the power, and I don't think there's any way for a substantial increase without F/I.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

He said it sounded like that the problem was already existent and the turbo just made it occur quicker, so he told me to try to take it to Toyota without the kit on. He sent my stock parts back to me, and it worked. Toyota replaced the whole bottom end, and it took 5 weeks total. I then asked Kenny if he could atleast help sell my kit because I decided to buy a camera for school, he agreed to help, but just stopped anwering emails and/or phone calls. I wish it never happened because i want my car to be turbo'd more than anything, but it's not really possible now. Im a full time student and dont work enough to save up 5k to have it done again.
hmmm, somebody committed fraud. lol, good to see that you and ZPI got away with it. Next time buy a turbo kit with some type of engine management.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCUZZ
He said it sounded like that the problem was already existent and the turbo just made it occur quicker, so he told me to try to take it to Toyota without the kit on. He sent my stock parts back to me, and it worked. Toyota replaced the whole bottom end, and it took 5 weeks total. I then asked Kenny if he could atleast help sell my kit because I decided to buy a camera for school, he agreed to help, but just stopped anwering emails and/or phone calls. I wish it never happened because i want my car to be turbo'd more than anything, but it's not really possible now. Im a full time student and dont work enough to save up 5k to have it done again.
hmmm, somebody committed fraud. lol, good to see that you and ZPI got away with it. Next time buy a turbo kit with some type of engine management.
There was no fraud involved. They honestly never asked a single question, I just took it in with the old oil pan, cut outs in my bumper, and burnt heat shield on the hood. I simply said the motor has began ticking in the last few weeks and that was that. That was the one good blessing that came out of that horrible situation.

Does Dezod feel like spnosoring anyone with a $1500 budget?
Old 10-12-2006, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Why the hell did you buy a used turbo anyway?! Not to mention, you stated that it worked a long time for your friend...so not only is it used, but used a lot! Cmon man! Turbos will not, nor will they ever (just ask Cleo) outlast an engine so most likely all that use on your buddies car, probably added to the problem. Now about the ZPI problem...Kenny had every right to say that he doesn't know how you drove it home and what you did (nor do we) and when he test drove it (hard or not) it worked fine...same thing would be the case if it was a toyota dealer...they're gonna blame you. Also, it is not his job to help you sell that useless turbo kit and he was probably just trying to be nice at first but they don't wanna harm they're company image over your defunct turbo kit...they had enough problems when they first started out and have recently gained some ground back. I'm in no way a ZPI supporter because i have no dealt with them, nor have i bought anything from them...but i definitely have nothing against them either and from your story...there's no possible way they can be blamed...sounds more like your bad decision to buy a used turbo kit, and crappy luck.
Now to answer your actual thread...
I'm not gonna convince you to keep ur tC and it seems like nobody else is either...get a car you're happy with and can afford to mod. There is nothing wrong with your car at all, but if you're not happy...get rid of it!!!!
Old 10-12-2006, 06:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BuddhasTC
Why the hell did you buy a used turbo anyway?! Not to mention, you stated that it worked a long time for your friend...so not only is it used, but used a lot! Cmon man! Turbos will not, nor will they ever (just ask Cleo) outlast an engine so most likely all that use on your buddies car, probably added to the problem. Now about the ZPI problem...Kenny had every right to say that he doesn't know how you drove it home and what you did (nor do we) and when he test drove it (hard or not) it worked fine...same thing would be the case if it was a toyota dealer...they're gonna blame you. Also, it is not his job to help you sell that useless turbo kit and he was probably just trying to be nice at first but they don't wanna harm they're company image over your defunct turbo kit...they had enough problems when they first started out and have recently gained some ground back. I'm in no way a ZPI supporter because i have no dealt with them, nor have i bought anything from them...but i definitely have nothing against them either and from your story...there's no possible way they can be blamed...sounds more like your bad decision to buy a used turbo kit, and crappy luck.
Now to answer your actual thread...
I'm not gonna convince you to keep ur tC and it seems like nobody else is either...get a car you're happy with and can afford to mod. There is nothing wrong with your car at all, but if you're not happy...get rid of it!!!!
Well the kit had less than 10k on it, and I personally knew the guy who sold it, so I personally knew the condition the kit was in. Dont forget he worked 5 minutes from my house. And I sold the kit to a ScionLife member who has since converted it to a stage 1, and its been 9 months now, so I dont think that in this case in particular, it was the kit that was bad. And I can personally promise, I never once had the chance to run the RPM's over 4k. Not on the drive home, and not for the 2 weeks it was on. I dont want this topic to maintain this ZPI bashing or anything to that's my two cents.

But the intent on this topic was to get info on products that are available for the tC for an all motor setup that will be of help to me. For instance, info on how much the Camcon controller will help, before or after installation of header, exhaust etc. Not to mention I dont know if there are any NA Cams available yet. Or any other products yet to be mentioned.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Oh man oh man, when I saw this thread topic my eyes lit up with the prospects of what whitty responses I might be able to toss out!

Disclaimer: I'd hate to lose a fellow tC in my neighborhood

Top 5 reasons why you should keep your tC
5) Its not a civic?
4) Why be upside down in your financing?
3) It beats driving a xB or xA
2) If you were really going to do it, you never would have asked
1) Clearly, you can't afford a Lexus

That is all!
Old 10-12-2006, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Serialk1llr
Oh man oh man, when I saw this thread topic my eyes lit up with the prospects of what whitty responses I might be able to toss out!

Disclaimer: I'd hate to lose a fellow tC in my neighborhood

Top 5 reasons why you should keep your tC
5) Its not a civic?
4) Why be upside down in your financing?
3) It beats driving a xB or xA
2) If you were really going to do it, you never would have asked
1) Clearly, you can't afford a Lexus

That is all!
AMEN.