Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

guestion about o2 sim

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 01:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default guestion about o2 sim

can any o2 simulator be used with the alphawerks header?...or would it be best to get one from them.any info will help..thanks
Old 11-17-2005, 06:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ide like to know the same thing...sorry i couldnt answer it for you,try searching
Old 11-17-2005, 04:25 PM
PT
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are you talking about the ZPI o2 sim? Well from what I know this is a device that is spliced into some of the ECU wires and basically eliminates the CEL light that comes on when you put on a aftermarket header on. It should work for all the headers out there currently. It's suppose to give you the correct AFR because its not actually tricking the o2 on the s-pipe but actually reprogramming it for proper readings. ZPI claims that it fixes your MPG but people with the antifouler mod don't seem to have a problem with MPG.

From reading about the antifouler mod it seems to work for some and not work for others. This could be the result from damaging the o2 sensor or improper installation. I'm not sure how you can mess up installing one of these but there is a lot of new people moding thier cars for the first time.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why don't people use the O2 Simulator more, besides price?