Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Has anyone ran 14's n/a yet???

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fivepointnine
get the phantom grip conversion then get some celica GT-S 16" wheels and drag radials for the front, possibly a good clutch, you might be able to get it, there are STOCK GT-S running low 14's with not a whole lot more HP, alot less torque and they dont weight THAT much less.
Celica GTS weighs about 2600 pounds, 300 pounds is a big difference and they produce 180 hp crank stock. You are right about the torque but with a vehicle of that weight horsepower and gearing is more crucial. HP to weight Celicas beat us by a nice margin. However the TC responds better to mods more usable powerband and frankly i think it a better tuner car. However for a TC to delve into the 14s it will need more than 22hp somewhere in the neighborhood of 35hp and a skilled driver. I,H, full catback will get you to maybe 15.3 at the lowest manual . Perhaps a ECU enhancement or PP head will get you there. I plan on making such mods once they are proven to work and be reliable I,H,E is a great way to start.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I hit a 15.6 with just an intake, and missing 2nd. so i think its not going to be too hard to tackle 14's with the MMW header I/E and a short throw. like aaron said, were not trying to hit low 14's, just 14's period. I Should be hitting 14's in febuary with a few mods, but well see. I dont have a video of my 15.6 KILLER, however i do have a time slip.
Old 11-24-2005, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

stop the mmw junk folks.

I'm putting 160 plus torque to the ground with an alphaworks and a cc s-pipe with a TRD exhaust. No that will not get you 14's. We are not in a LS1 Z28.

READ THIS:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...highlight=dyno

The magic of the MMW dyno thread is over. Many have posted more HP with wheels actually mounted on the car during the dyno.

Scott
Old 11-24-2005, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^ have you ran your tC yet 400? with your current mods?
Old 11-24-2005, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nope but I sure do not expect 14's. With a ZPI head I think it would be very possible. I did pick up a FX2 G-tech type device that I hope to tune with but I need more accurate vehicle weight to get a base line. I do think since I have a legit dyno if I can get the FX2 matching it for HP/TQ it should be fairly accurate on 0-60 and qtr. mile. Have not had time to even open the package yet..so maybe in Jan.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by killerxromances
You guys crack me up.

i/h/e will not get you in the low-mid 14s, with the MMW it might get you 14.9 at best. You say traction is your biggest problem, you solve that you are still towing a 3,000lbs car with driver. 160whp isn't going to cut it.

However, you would be able to pull 14s with ZPI head, pistons, mmw header, intake, exhaust and short shifter. THat should give you enough for mid 14s if not better. Adding a light weight crank pulley too.

i/h/e though, . With MMW race header, possible but not likely. A stock tC with an average driver is a very high 15-16 sec car. A great driver can pull 15.7 maybe 15.6. People that claim 15.4-15.5 1/4 stock, show me a video and i'll believe it. Otherwise, no.

Cya
give me about 30 min. I just got back from gainesville raceway's last test and tune of the season. Best run was a 15.556, I have video of the run v. a 9 second car. You can't see the time on the board, but I also have a time slip.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^ sweet, is ur car completly stock?
Old 11-24-2005, 05:13 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Beside the factory option 18's, yes!

Edit...just scanned the slip....it was a 15.566.....sorry,
Old 11-24-2005, 05:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TigertC
Beside's the factory option 18's, yes!

wow great times with thoughs heavy ___ rims lol i like it
Old 11-24-2005, 05:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yea, not bad for having the 18's on there. I ran a 15.6 with my 19's. weres the slip?
Old 11-24-2005, 05:53 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Whocares05050
Yea, not bad for having the 18's on there. I ran a 15.6 with my 19's. weres the slip?
right here
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...197878#1197878
Old 11-24-2005, 11:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Still waiting for it. You must be a damn good driver to pull that off. So i'll give you props once i see the slip or something. I'd like to see the video because videos are more interesting. lol

Cya
Old 11-24-2005, 01:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^ Look at the post above yours KILLER, click the link and behold, lol
Old 11-24-2005, 02:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You counting Nitrous as FI? Even before I got my Nitrous I ran 14.82. Current mods I have is ZPI head,greddy e-manage,CC s-pipe, I/H/E(missing mid pipe for complete exhaust), ZPI crank pulley, Clutchmasters Flywheel. Im sure I could get a lower time its just Im not too experienced with dragging. Trying to look for that time slip its been a couple of months since I got that time.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by killerxromances

Still waiting for it. You must be a damn good driver to pull that off. So i'll give you props once i see the slip or something. I'd like to see the video because videos are more interesting. lol

Cya
The link to the thread is right above your post. I don't have actual vid of that run cause for some reason my buddy didn't film that one. We came home from the track and had like 8-9 vids between my runs and others that he filmed....originally he said the run vs. the 9 second car was the 15.56 run so that's what I put on the thread...but then i realized my slip for that run was vs. a 12 car and I was in the other lane, needless to say i'm not happy he didn't get that run on vid.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Whocares05050
^ Look at the post above yours KILLER, click the link and behold, lol
He has a time slip, the videos wasn't of him doing 15.5. I think its funny how his friend video'd his runs except the 15.5. Being he does have a time slip, i don't know if its truthful or not. 15.5 for a stock tC to me seems awfully fast. A stock manual only has 138-139whp, and with a driver thats pulling over 3,000lbs.

A power to weight ratio, just say 140whp and with driver, just say 3,150lbs. Thats a power to weight of 22.5. Low end torque helps, but thats not a great power to weight. I do realize 15.5 isn't a real fast time either, but i don't see how its going to happen, again, bone stock.

Cya
Old 11-24-2005, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

actually he didn't film two of the runs, he got one of me staging, the 15.9 run, and the run v. that 9 second car that's it. I've got the slip with the SAME DATE AND CAR NUMBER as the other run that was on video. The only thing I can think of that's preventing you from believing this is pride, meaning you would actually have to admit you were wrong. Why on earth would I lie about this? What do I have to gain or lose by posting this up? Some of you people are absolutly amazing, if it's not possible in your head, then it can't happen. I'm not a troll, i've been on this site for a few months and had some informative posts, along with serious questions. This other guy ran a 15.2 on an exhause, custom intake, and some other mod....why wouldn't a 15.5 be possible stock? I'm humble most of the time, but as you can see from my reaction times this isn't my first time at the track and I know what i'm doing with launching and shifting (unlike the majority of tC owners who are just starting to drive and have minimal experience at a track setting). So now that an experienced driver got behind the wheel on almost perfect track conditions and got a 15.5 it's not possible......why? Cause you say so
Old 11-24-2005, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

<- - - 15.5 2.2 60 ft with 18" Kazeras and just TRD exhaust

I have raced against a consistant 15.3 tC with just injen CAI and HKS exhuast.

Next season I am upgrading the I/H/E w/ s pipe , pulley, flywheel, clutch, short throw,ignition and motor mounts , racing wheels + tires and hotchkis TVS
Old 11-24-2005, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i pulled a 15.7 with I/h/e but i live in DEEEP SOUTH texas where its always 70-80 degree at night and the humidity is 80-100%...its funny but last week we had a cold front so a lot of the guys went to the track. my friend has a jetta and he pulls a mid 15. it that weather but that night he pulled a 15.0...so i believe that once i get my pulley and redo my exhaust....again i hope to hit 14s'
Old 11-24-2005, 04:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by LENOLA
<- - - 15.5 2.2 60 ft with 18" Kazeras and just TRD exhaust

I have raced against a consistant 15.3 tC with just injen CAI and HKS exhuast.

Next season I am upgrading the I/H/E w/ s pipe , pulley, flywheel, clutch, short throw,ignition and motor mounts , racing wheels + tires and hotchkis TVS
This is why i don't see how a 15.5 is possible with a stock tC. Its not about pride, i'll admit when im wrong when im wrong. Pride means nothing to me, especially on forums. 15.3 with i/h/e i believe, i've seen first hand a i/h/e tc run between 15.1-15.3 1/4. So, you mean to tell me you guys spend $800-$1,000 to shave .2secs off your 1/4? That doesn't sound right, especially with a 15-30whp gain depending on what you you buy, especially a 4-2-1 or 4-1 header. It makes more logical sense, with the power to weight ratio and i/h/e gains that a stock tC is a high 15-low 16 second car. All the runs i've seen personally of stock tCs run high 15s with good drivers. Thats why i say that.

Now, as far as your information goes. I'm not saying you didn't run 15.5, i just find it hard to believe that everyone is all of a sudden running mid 15s in their stock tCs, when for a very long time everyone (Stock) was running high 15s low 16s. I'm not speaking just from my knowledge, i'm also speaking from experience. If you did run 15.5, then i told you i give you props. I have yet to say you are absolutely wrong and you are giving false information. All i have ever said, was i highly doubt it because of ___. So don't think my intensions are worse than what they are, please.

I have been on these forums for over a year, and i try to stay humble as well. However, i have noticed a lot of tCers give off false information and times. Not including you with them, but its true. I'd say 75% of tCers think their car is some incredible track car with i/h/e and maybe trd springs. Sure, it performs better than stock but that doesn't mean its amazing. If you get what im saying. I'm also tired of these s/c'd tc vs. stock ____ forums, or vs. threads in general. I keep hoping the admin. or mods can try to put them all in one catigory. It would really help a lot. lol

But anyway, bottom line is this. From my experience and knowledge, a 15.5 in a stock tC is highly unlikely, but not impossible. This is why i have my doubts, because you showd a time slip i believe you ran that 15.5. However, it made it sound questionable when there was talk of film proof, but no film proof shown. But don't blame me for some "pride" thing, thats just .

Cya

Quick Reply: Has anyone ran 14's n/a yet???