Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

hey every1 check out my dyno numers with nitrous 75wetshot!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 01:54 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by TC_by_TRD
Originally Posted by Nick06tC
Nice numbers.

maybe I am brain farting, but isnt torque and horsepower suppose to cross at 5200 RPMS?
I really hate to question the dyno, but I believe ALL dynos have hp and torque cross at the same point.

i've never heard about that but i dont think it makes sence with nitrous cause nitrous its a sudden torque, it kicks as soon as you push the button, know what i mean ??
It doesnt matter how much power, or how it is made, they will always cross at the same point. HP is dependant upon torque and the formula is the same for all vehicles. So when the numebrs are plugged in, your graph doesnt work. YOUR GRAPH IS EITHER FAKE OR THE PEOPLE WHO DYNOED IT ARE JIPPING PEOPLE. (sorry to be harsh about it)

TO SUPPORT MY CLAIMS: http://www.procivic.com/pages-horsep...que/index.html

Power (hp) = Torque (ft-lb) * RPM / 5252

Now you know exactly how horsepower and torque are related. There are no exceptions to this rule; they will always be related by this formula. In fact, it might be better to see them as just flip sides of the same coin. One result of this formula is that below 5252 rpm, torque will always be less than horsepower, at 5252 rpm they will be equal, and above 5252 rpm torque will be less. Note that a dyno never measures horsepower; it can only measure torque and then use the above formula to get horsepower.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Let's see a video!
Old 03-07-2007, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice numbers.

maybe I am brain farting, but isnt torque and horsepower suppose to cross at 5200 RPMS?
I really hate to question the dyno, but I believe ALL dynos have hp and torque cross at the same point.

i've never heard about that but i dont think it makes sence with nitrous cause nitrous its a sudden torque, it kicks as soon as you push the button, know what i mean ??
It doesnt matter how much power, or how it is made, they will always cross at the same point. HP is dependant upon torque and the formula is the same for all vehicles. So when the numebrs are plugged in, your graph doesnt work. YOUR GRAPH IS EITHER FAKE OR THE PEOPLE WHO DYNOED IT ARE JIPPING PEOPLE. (sorry to be harsh about it)

Now you know exactly how horsepower and torque are related. There are no exceptions to this rule; they will always be related by this formula. In fact, it might be better to see them as just flip sides of the same coin. One result of this formula is that below 5252 rpm, torque will always be less than horsepower, at 5252 rpm they will be equal, and above 5252 rpm torque will be less. Note that a dyno never measures horsepower; it can only measure torque and then use the above formula to get horsepower.

well i never heard about this but the graph aint fake man i went with a group of friends with srt4 and they dyno theirs so i know this dyno guys a cheatin us its a big company its called carboys and also ill check into that but thats the graph i got so thats what im claiming
Old 03-07-2007, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mitchelltc1
Let's see a video!

ill post one when i get the clutch cause right now ill go nowhere with tthat slipping clutch dude
Old 03-07-2007, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice numbers.

well i never heard about this but the graph aint fake man i went with a group of friends with srt4 and they dyno theirs so i know this dyno guys a cheatin us its a big company its called carboys and also ill check into that but thats the graph i got so thats what im claiming

hey also if you notice not even the stock run crosses at 5200 its more like at 48 or somethnine like that and the other do cross around 4800 too its jus that they spike up really high as soon as i spray
Old 03-07-2007, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

your going through to many bottles in a given time, you are going to kill your engine.

remember we have a plastic intake manifold.. we cannot handle all the pressure.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

bah, it's just like a turbo. they last a good while....
Old 03-07-2007, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ yeah i know bout the plastic intake and its all good man i have a mechanic that check up on my car every weekend after i spray to make sure the engine is all fine and running good, plus i got a good ear if i hear the slightest of taps or anything i will stop the engine and fix it lol i know not to mess with nos but its alot of fun man
Old 03-07-2007, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice numbers.

this is correct, horsepower is determined from that equation which in turn, the graph must cross at 5252 rpms. this is a definition, it does not matter how your car makes power, they must always cross at the same rpm.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Are you running colder plugs? What grade fuel?
Old 03-07-2007, 09:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Neothin
so a cheap intake and an axleback and you get 200 whp with a poop-ton of torque.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

maybe there's nitrous in my future.... yeah... definitely...

75 shot *drool* watch out greddy boys ;)

Old 03-07-2007, 10:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by blackonblacktc
your going through to many bottles in a given time, you are going to kill your engine.

remember we have a plastic intake manifold.. we cannot handle all the pressure.
Walt sprays like an exterminator in a roach infested apt.

I can vouch that the graph sheet is real, but not sure about the actual Dyno...I have delt with Carboy for other things and they have crappy Customer Service. I have been turned away just because I have a Scion....But 6 years ago when I had my Si, they wanted to Turbo Charge it and help me out any way they could.....Walt, you should check out Stoopid Fast
Old 03-07-2007, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whats is that stoopid fast??? well the guy at carboys seemed like he knew what he was doing and there was a ____ load of srt4 about 15 and they all got what they expected so iono if its the dyno but im cool im not worried bout what ppl say bout my rpm and ____, i've noticed lately there is a sh i t load of freakin haters here man they hate bout everythin, plus im running perfeect im not trippin lol

hey taco so when are you giving out the adress to TSE motorsports??
Old 03-08-2007, 12:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

oh yea
Old 03-08-2007, 03:00 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

It has nothing to do with hating and that was not my goal. That is why I posted up legitimate proof. Scionlife is for information for people to learn. Your graph gives the wrong impression. YOUR GRAPH IS WRONG. So if some kid comes in here that knows nothing about nitrous and sees your graph he will be swayed to copy you, hoping for the same results.
But your results arent correct. Do a search of these boards, there is not a single other dyno on scionlife that does not cross at 5225 RPMS. Its not hating, its simple facts.
If you like how its runs, that is great, but a bad dyno sheet is not good for others reading.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well i dont care man there was alot of other cars at the dyno day that will back me up i bet any of those other cars could whoop the ____ out any scion in this website.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:03 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

See, now why do you have to turn it to my pee pee is bigger than your pee pee?
There could have been 10 million ferraris at the dyno shop, that doesnt mean YOUR numbers are correct. DO ALITTLE BIT OF RESEARCH ABOUT HOW CARS WORK, then talk about it.
I started out just pointing out FACTS and you want to bring immaturity into it all.

YOUR CAR KNOWLEDGE (or lack thereof) IS SHINING BRIGHT.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

See, now why do you have to turn it to my pee pee is bigger than your pee pee?
There could have been 10 million ferraris at the dyno shop, that doesnt mean YOUR numbers are correct. DO ALITTLE BIT OF RESEARCH ABOUT HOW CARS WORK, then talk about it.
I started out just pointing out FACTS and you want to bring immaturity into it all.

YOUR CAR KNOWLEDGE (or lack thereof) IS SHINING BRIGHT.
x2

nick06tc wasnt trying to say you were wrong and he wasnt hating. he was just pointing out a flaw in your graph that you recieved which is in fact, wrong. your power band probably is similar to the graph, but like others have said before, a correct graph crosses at 5200 rpms.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how much did it cost total for the setup?
Old 03-08-2007, 10:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice numbers, what are you running on the 1/4 mile?

Quick Reply: hey every1 check out my dyno numers with nitrous 75wetshot!!