Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

hks hi power exhaust, help please

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 07:51 PM

Default hks hi power exhaust, help please

ok so im wanting to get a hks hi power exhaust, im new to this kinda stuff, learning, and have a few questions, as of now i have a custom magnaflow exhaust with full piping 2 to 2.5, resonator, and all that, if i was cut off the hks piping and swap it with the custom magnaflow would it change the sound? make it better? or will i need to do other things? or what would that do to it overall?, or am i just being dumb and not thinking =T

i love the way the hks hi power exhaust sounds as it is but i was wondering if it would change anything if i did this to it or if its not possible or a waste of time and im being dumb then, i guess, way to make myself look like an dummy, but like i said im new to this stuff and wanting to learn. thank you and appreciate it

i do love my magnaflow, it sounds great, loud but not so loud that you can get pulled over and get a ticket, deep, no rasp, etc, but for some reason im really wanting the hks exhaust, i know alot of people have no regrets at all getting it and they love the way it sounds,i like it as well especially the way it looks to me and based off this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8rAMPMgHyU&NR=1
especially the two revs toward the end of this video

sorry i know my thoughts are like all over the places haha

but again thank you and appreciate it, pictures would be great as well with the advice and help
Old 02-01-2009, 04:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

if you actually buy the HKS axle back made for our cars then i wouldnt recommend cutting it in anyway. it'd be best to buy a universal N1 tip made by HKS or some other company if you were guna do custom pipping.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:46 PM

oh ok well i thought i could keep the axle part and changed the mid-pipe or something
but thanks
Old 02-01-2009, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

either that you can buy the HKS axle back made for our cars and go to shop to make a custom mid-pipe if you want a catback exhaust system.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:18 PM

yeah thats what i was thinking of doing, cut my custom magnaflow mid piping with resonator, and put it on the hks, and wondering what it will do to it exactly for sure, and when i get headers in the future (not sure which one, could use help with that too)
Old 02-02-2009, 04:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

if ur interested in a HKS HI-power exhaust ill sell u mine but where are u locateD? :O
Old 02-02-2009, 02:24 PM

that would be sweet, i live in las vegas, hows the condition of yours though?
Old 02-03-2009, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

its in working condition. the only thing bad about it is the scratches under the canister because i scraped when i use to live in california.. but u cant even see it cause its under the exhaust and its facing the ground lol.. having scratchs on the bottom do anything to the exhaust because the pipeing isnt cracked or leaking air at all.

california = WORST STREET IN THE WORLD. but yeaaa im looking to get 200 for it. it has no CRACKS OR LEAKS so ITS GOOD TO GO and it sounds sexy. pm me if ur interested i can sell it asap ^_^