Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...
View Poll Results: Which exhaust setup?
Option 1
21.43%
Option 2
50.00%
Option 3
28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

HKS,Megan,Tsudo.. I need some input. *UPDATE* pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 11:34 PM
SL Member

Default HKS,Megan,Tsudo.. I need some input. *UPDATE* pics

Right now my car is running a Megan OE-RS axelback with a Tsudo midpipe.. Im getting a new exhaust soon and Im hoping this will be my last exhaust switch for a few more years. I've heard billions of videos on youtube... enough to remember the urls out of the top of my head (not really but go with it).. Anyway Im not looking to draw too much unwanted attention but I'd kinda like my car to sound reaally nice and aggreesive. So heres my options (vvv)

1. Tsudo Mid- Tsudo N1 Titanium burnt tip axelback ($159)

2. Tsudo Mid- HKS axelback ($335)

3. Megan Drift Spec. Catback ($315) (and give tsudo mid to big sis.. lol)

Id like some personal exeriences too with fitment/ sound and whatnot to also help me to decide. Be sure to cast a poll. plz and thank you :D
Old 02-18-2009, 11:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I vote for the tsudo mid with HKS axelback. I think that would sound good. I have a question for you, how was the fitment on the tsudo mid?
Old 02-19-2009, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

id vote for the HKS and tuso mid, but thatll be pretty loud i imagine.... i got the megan oe-rs and megan mid, pretty nice setup.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:38 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by DJ08tC
I vote for the tsudo mid with HKS axelback. I think that would sound good. I have a question for you, how was the fitment on the tsudo mid?
Well I got it installed at a local Midas shop, It only took them about 10-15 min to hook it up and they didnt complain about the fitment so Im guessing its decent. I had to push back the heat shield because the pipe was rubbing it but nothing major.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:41 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by athlete3232
id vote for the HKS and tuso mid, but thatll be pretty loud i imagine.... i got the megan oe-rs and megan mid, pretty nice setup.
Yeh I agree, it definitely makes for a nice sounding exhaust.. but its a bit too quiet for me. I miss waking up my neighbors on the way to school in the morning with my old tsudo fireball. lol cmon, we all know how fun that is
Old 02-19-2009, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha, it might be for you but not my taste really. Sometimes i have the urge to be loud, but not always so why bother.

But, my buddy has the HKS and is waiting for spring to put on midpipe... and i think its a little quieter than mine w a midpipe? maybe not tho.. but once he puts on his midpipe itll be alot loauder for sure.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCyalater
Well I got it installed at a local Midas shop, It only took them about 10-15 min to hook it up and they didnt complain about the fitment so Im guessing its decent. I had to push back the heat shield because the pipe was rubbing it but nothing major.
Thanks, I am trying to decide between the tsudo or the megan. The hks is already deep sounding so I am sure the midpipe would make it even deeper. I think it would sound really good. Probably not that loud.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tsudo N1 FTMFW!
Old 02-19-2009, 01:30 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by tcCAlI
Tsudo N1 FTMFW!
bout time someone fessed up to the the tsudo.. I really love the HKS but Im not sure if im ready to spend 350 bucks on an axelback when I could get one for 150 and still sport a burnt tip like my megan OERS.. heck, I can get a full megan catback for that price.. ugh HKS needs to take a chill pill or something maaan.. those prices are through the roof!!! sigh.

Those of you who choose HKS, what do you have against the tsudo/Megan drift vis/versa... Im not arguing or anything, just trying to get pros and cons for each setup to help me choose.

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the feedback :D
Old 02-19-2009, 01:36 AM
SL Member

Thanks, I am trying to decide between the tsudo or the megan. The hks is already deep sounding so I am sure the midpipe would make it even deeper. I think it would sound really good. Probably not that loud.
no problem, Im not sure you'll notice a huge difference in performance whether you go one route or the other.. just determines how much you're willing to spend I guess. I know that when I had my tsudo fireball axelback it was fairly noticeable but when I finally got the midpipe It made all the difference in the world, alot deeper and more aggressive WOT. People will be able to hear you coming a block away at first but when you "break in" the exhaust It tones down a bit, not much thought so watch out for the 5-O rofl .. GL with ur setup.. ughh I want your HKS
Old 02-19-2009, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I just bought the megan drift spec because i love the sound so much. It took a lil while for me to get used to the angle of it but i think it is the best looking angled exhaust cause it doesnt hang like 2 inches of the ground like the agency power. it sits nice and tucked up. yea people have burnt there bumpers but there are easy fixes for it. Plus when i get my MMW headers and s-pipe it will help with that cause the s-pipe for the mmw headers is a lil shorter than stock. But thats what i would get. I do like the HKS but its a huge can and for an N/A car i think its wierd to have such a huge exhaust. i can like fit my head in the opening. GL with the decision though. The exhaust decision has been the toughest one for any part for me.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no problem, Im not sure you'll notice a huge difference in performance whether you go one route or the other.. just determines how much you're willing to spend I guess. I know that when I had my tsudo fireball axelback it was fairly noticeable but when I finally got the midpipe It made all the difference in the world, alot deeper and more aggressive WOT. People will be able to hear you coming a block away at first but when you "break in" the exhaust It tones down a bit, not much thought so watch out for the 5-O rofl .. GL with ur setup.. ughh I want your HKS
Yea, I am not worried about performance gains, I just want a deeper sound. I like the megan drift spec too, I dont have anything against it I just heard it has burnt some people bumpers. Oh btw I have the tanabe concept g not the HKS
Old 02-19-2009, 02:48 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

You have the tanabe concept g and wanna get rid of it. Dang dude. I love that axleback. It looks good and sounds good. I just aint gonna pay that much for an axleback. Well I guarantee you will sell that quick and for a good price. People want that axleback bad. Id throw the stock on sell the tanabe and see how much you get then decide.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh I don't want to get rid of it! I was just tell the OP that I liked the HKS and megan since he was asking which setup. I would never sell my exhaust! I love it too much. I just want to get a midpipe.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh my bad I accidentaly thought you was the OP!! Geez was paying attention. My bad dude!
Old 02-19-2009, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That is alright man.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I just realized your from Fredricksburg. Dang man I lived there for a long time. Went to Spotsylvania elementary, Chancellor Middle, and High and moved to MD in the middle of my sophmore yr. I played soccer there from 5yrs old to 14.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

x2 on the HKS being ridiculously huge, lol

out of your choices i would go with the drift-spec, i would put the tsudo in second choice but without the burnt tip, it looks cheeply burnt, if that makes sense

i personally just bought and istalled an Agency Power and can confidently say this is the last exhaust i will have, i have stock header, invidia spipe, and agency power catback! its farking awesome!
Old 02-19-2009, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by highvoltage1
I just realized your from Fredricksburg. Dang man I lived there for a long time. Went to Spotsylvania elementary, Chancellor Middle, and High and moved to MD in the middle of my sophmore yr. I played soccer there from 5yrs old to 14.
That's cool, yea I have lived here for almost my whole life. I went to Smith Station elementary, then Courthouse, then Battlefield middle,Chancellor middle, then went to Courtland high. I played soccer from 5 to 11 for parks & rec.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:17 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Good ole parks and rec soccer.

Quick Reply: HKS,Megan,Tsudo.. I need some input. *UPDATE* pics