Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Hopefully this is how you cure rasp for us tC header guys

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 01:21 AM
5 Year Member

Default Hopefully this is how you cure rasp for us tC header guys

My setup currently is full header/s-pipe/2.5 mid-pipe to AR25 Resonator/4in tip (apparently one of the best resonators for deleting rasp)

Anyway, now i'm trying to cure the rasp, even before the header install it was wayy to loud. I had to get the header for the wet nitrous kit im going to run..

I already ordered the next best resonator. Made by vibrant the "ultra quiet resonator" after these two hopefully all sounds well. IDK if anyones already tried this setup or will know it wont sound good or whatever.

If I can get some feedback on how to quiet it back down, whether it be a good axleback I should weld up or a different resonator I should have bought. If this doesnt cure it, i'm going back to stock header,, then it will be nice and quiet like I wanted, AAND i'll get back that unequal header like purr back..

Last edited by Kanchi; 06-24-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Claud122003
My setup currently is full header/s-pipe/2.5 mid-pipe to AR25 Resonator/4in tip (apparently one of the best resonators for deleting rasp)

Anyway, now i'm trying to cure the rasp, even before the header install it was wayy to loud. I had to get the header for the wet nitrous kit im going to run..

I already ordered the next best resonator. Made by vibrant the "ultra quiet resonator" after these two hopefully all sounds well. IDK if anyones already tried this setup or will know it wont sound good or whatever.

If I can get some feedback on how to quiet it back down, whether it be a good axleback I should weld up or a different resonator I should have bought. If this doesnt cure it, i'm going back to stock header,, then it will be nice and quiet like I wanted, AAND i'll get back that unequal header like purr back..

Damn there used to be a video of someone who had this exact combo of resonators. The video has since been deleted, but it was the best sounding combination I've heard.

Last edited by Kanchi; 06-24-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's a clip of my exhaust with the vibrant and a magnaflow resonator, the magnaflow does absolutely nothing.