Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

How To Install An Apexi S-AFC II On Your Scion tC

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 08:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks buddy i know i try not to show off but hell what can i do my secret it out lol
Old 01-06-2006, 09:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by aarontrini85
thanks buddy i know i try not to show off but hell what can i do my secret it out lol
Thanks for the great write up, i will definetly now pick up an safc-ii, was gonna pick one up back in teh day for my DSM but never had the extra cash hehe.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i didnt do it i just copyed it from another forum but hell it works im still going to play around with it once the data logger comes in and see if i can get it to work with out the CEL light in the low rpms

but as of right now it just sits there at 0% correction makes me sad lol but ill tune it soon
Old 01-07-2006, 07:05 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

well all i can say is im glad that some people on here agree with me, about not tuning the safc yourself. heres my point: yes you can do it yourself, BUT to do it safely, you will have to tune it minimally (sp). thats halfassing it. if you get one, tune it to its fullest (beyond most of the crowds exp.) do it right the first time. and NEVER NEVER get it just for show, when you have no mods, or are just do thigs halfassed. but PLEASE one person dont listen to me and try to fully tune it according to the butt dyno, and tell us how your motor blew
i remember when i worked for HPI (high performance imports) in PA, we had TONS of people come in and try to tune their vafc,SAFC by themselves to how they "thought" it should be tuned, and when they left we laughed about how they "set" their vafc,safc. most of the time it was people who came in and had us install it, but didnt want us to tune it "cause they will at home". but im not saying that if you can tap 8 wires to your ECU you should be trying to tune it either. i had a type-r that was boosted, one reason i got rid of it was cause the name integras and hondas in general have been given due to people halfassing things and making others look negatively at my car. please dont to this to the tc
Old 01-07-2006, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member

So, you are going to tell me that if I used my AEM Wideband Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge that I could not tune my S-AFCII proprely, while on the dyno? I don't do my tuning anyways. Thats why I have a shop that takes care of my dirty work.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:04 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

actually _______, i said to PUT IT ON A DYNO. read my posts before you make a ___ out of yourself again. i highy suggest putting it on a dyno. BUT i doubt MOST (note i did not say ALL) but MOST dont do that. nor do they even have a wide band O2, or a/f guage.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:05 PM
Banned
SL Member

I was going to tune mine with my wideband (when I get it), and it would be a moderate tune.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:47 AM
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member

Today, i was talking to the guys that tuned my car and they told me that the cool thing the Apexi S-AFCII dose is if they see a setting that will lean out the car it jumps to a safe made and overrides your setting. So, there is a no way to lean out the car if your S-AFCII has this feature.....I will post a picture of this part of the manual just incause you dont think I am right.........

silverstreak.

Next time don't talk crap if you dont know what your talking about. The guys who tuned my car know what they are doing. They have cars that are runing under 9s so I think they know what they are doing! I never said anything about you so dont come attacking me with all that crap.

actually butthole, i said to PUT IT ON A DYNO. read my posts before you make a butt out of yourself again. i highy suggest putting it on a dyno. BUT i doubt MOST (note i did not say ALL) but MOST dont do that. nor do they even have a wide band O2, or a/f guage.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:41 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

thats funny cause the shop that i worked at had cars running 10's and 9's as well. but i guess i dont know what im doing. but please dont show your idiocy until we see a pic to prove me wrong. i never seen a "safe mode" on the safc II but ok. your car has something called "limp mode" so when something NATURAL happens it puts it into limp mode to avoid damage. but the safc II isnt designed to program the car to do that. damn, for someone who just goes by what others "say" instead of knowing first hand you have alot of wrong to say.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:57 PM
Banned
SL Member

On the bottom of page 11 it says that it can damage your engine.
http://www.apexi-usa.com/pdf/product...tation/202.pdf
I'm not trying to take anyones side, I just don't want to see anyone damage there motor or car.
fairladyz541 thank you for doing this write up I found it very helpful.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member

Thats from the SAFC not the SAFC II.....The Apexi SAFC II has a different manual and many better things to offer.............I don't care what everyone has to say, I just posted this to let everyone know how to install it, I don't care if you decide to do it or not, but if you decide here you go....
Old 01-10-2006, 12:48 AM
Banned
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

still waitin for that pic of the manual where it says its safe to do yourself. thanks jj for proving that this guy is a tool.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump dont want a good post to die
Old 02-01-2006, 07:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

Anxiously waiting for the sound performance kits to start being shipped... so we can learn about how the SAFC-II works with their turbo setup and how we can enable it for the N/A world as well!
Old 02-01-2006, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

following
Old 02-01-2006, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by WeDriveScions
Anxiously waiting for the sound performance kits to start being shipped... so we can learn about how the SAFC-II works with their turbo setup and how we can enable it for the N/A world as well!
there is one for sale if you want to buy it for about 4k
Old 02-02-2006, 12:12 AM
Banned
SL Member

I think I remember him saying that even if he wired it up you still would'nt know how he did it.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

in the summer (if i have enough money) i was thinking of getting the zpi stage 0 kit and using the super afc II for my fuel management.... does nyone if anyone is selling a wiring kit for the super afc II so u won't have to splice the wires on ur factory ecu??
Old 02-03-2006, 11:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ignitionr34
in the summer (if i have enough money) i was thinking of getting the zpi stage 0 kit and using the super afc II for my fuel management.... does nyone if anyone is selling a wiring kit for the super afc II so u won't have to splice the wires on ur factory ecu??

dezoed (im sure that is spelled wrong) has one
Old 02-03-2006, 12:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you go with a turbo kit with larger injectors, then you should not use the safc II on our car. Sound performance has figured out a way to use it, but until we know how, You will not be able to cut fuel during low RPM/idle. This means that the ecu will still run the injectors thinking they are 370cc, even though they may actually be 550cc or whatever is included with the kit. So you will be running extremely rich at low rpms along with poor performance and horrible gas mileage. Thats if the car can even run at all since it will be injecting nearly 50% too much fuel. Normally you would use the safc to cut fuel at idle and low rpms/throttle position, but the tC will throw a cel. I'm not trying to say that the safc II is worthless, its just that only Sound Performance has figured out how to get it to work on our cars. If your gonna go with another turbo kit, use the unichip or emanage. They are more powerful tools anyway.

Quick Reply: How To Install An Apexi S-AFC II On Your Scion tC