Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

HPS Cold Air Intake or Weapon-R Secret Ram Intake?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 05:47 PM

Post HPS Cold Air Intake or Weapon-R Secret Ram Intake?

Any inputs on either a HPS Cold Air Intake or Weapon-R Secret Ram Air Intake? I have been having a hard time to decide on what one to get. Anything wrong with any of them? I have a 2007 tC which I know is a little different than the other models of tC so do I need to worry about any CEL or anything like that? And I also know about Injen but if I ever wanted to convert it into a SR than wouldn't I have to get a new filter? I ask this too because I have read reviews on these and people say when they converted it into a SR, it rubbed a hole in the filter because it was rubbing up against the hole opening.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

HPS one.....better made then weapon r......my friend had the weapon r sri...and didnt feel any difference from stock.....so he got the hps and felt a big difference....the only way youll get a cel if you damage the maf sensor...so you gotta be careful....i prefer the injen over both of them as its proven to be the best out there as far as cai's...doc i makes a panel for the cai tubing so it doesnt rub
Old 03-30-2011, 07:33 PM
Banned

honestly for the price of any CAI/SRI id much rather buy an ebay CAI/SRI piping and throw an AEM Dryflow filter and in the end it'll only cost you anywhere between $40-70 and youll have a better filter then those 2
Old 03-31-2011, 02:04 AM

Where can you get this panel for the Injen Intake? This would be awesome because now I'm deciding on the Injen and the HPS because I think I would like the CAI instead of the SR but it would be nice to know that I can make it into a SR if it rains alot.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by my06tc
HPS one.....better made then weapon r......my friend had the weapon r sri...and didnt feel any difference from stock.....so he got the hps and felt a big difference....the only way youll get a cel if you damage the maf sensor...so you gotta be careful....i prefer the injen over both of them as its proven to be the best out there as far as cai's...doc i makes a panel for the cai tubing so it doesnt rub
You will not only get a CEL if you damage the MAF. You can also get a CEL if the tube diameter at the MAF is larger then that of stock, throwing a CEL. As far as feeling anything, it's hard to tell since you don't gain much more then throttle response over stock. I also prefer the Injen.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tmeays08
Where can you get this panel for the Injen Intake? This would be awesome because now I'm deciding on the Injen and the HPS because I think I would like the CAI instead of the SR but it would be nice to know that I can make it into a SR if it rains alot.
right here....

http://doctorisotope.com/plates_and_panels

it will solve that issue...for some people it hard to go form SRI to CAI...you will scratch up the tubing going to CAI...if your CAI you wont get hydrolock unless you run into a river....if its rainning,youll be fine
Old 03-31-2011, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Spicy_McHaggiz
You will not only get a CEL if you damage the MAF. You can also get a CEL if the tube diameter at the MAF is larger then that of stock, throwing a CEL. As far as feeling anything, it's hard to tell since you don't gain much more then throttle response over stock. I also prefer the Injen.
some people get the cel when installing a cai and some dont,for me i never got a cel or had any cel...and i didnt even reset the ecu afterwards..i just let it learn within 100 miles of driving...all depends on the car
Old 03-31-2011, 06:04 PM

AWESOME!!! Thank you for changing my mind lol, I went with the Injen and ordered that panel for it as well
Old 03-31-2011, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tmeays08
AWESOME!!! Thank you for changing my mind lol, I went with the Injen and ordered that panel for it as well
Youll noticed the power increase with the injen and its pretty loud to at WOT..dont worry if you hear a whistle sound after you install the intake...its there from the factory,just louder when you do a cai or even a sri..but other then that,youll be very satified with it...but glad i could help