Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

i just survived a bad accident in my tc.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 03:57 AM
5 Year Member

Default as for the person i hit...........she is fine.

i found out earlier today by the police report that the person in front of me was slowing down when i hit her.she was not in a complete stop.anyways,she is fine.as for the comment of me still having a licence.......go to hell man!!!! accidents happen!! i didnt go out that night and say i'm going to rear end someone.i dont have a history of accident.this is my first and YES,i learned from it.i have a 6inch gash on my head that will scar me for life and remind me everyday. give grief to some repeat offender or the people with multiple dwi & dui's.i dont drink or do drugs.just a human being who is going to learn from 1 stupid mistake.this defanatly wont be the last one.i am not perfect.i dont like talking about the future cause i'm a day by day guy.i can say i will defanatly be a lot more safer and aware.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Re: as for the person i hit...........she is fine.

Originally Posted by 1badmini
i found out earlier today by the police report that the person in front of me was slowing down when i hit her.she was not in a complete stop.anyways,she is fine.as for the comment of me still having a licence.......go to hell man!!!! accidents happen!! i didnt go out that night and say i'm going to rear end someone.i dont have a history of accident.this is my first and YES,i learned from it.i have a 6inch gash on my head that will scar me for life and remind me everyday. give grief to some repeat offender or the people with multiple dwi & dui's.i dont drink or do drugs.just a human being who is going to learn from 1 stupid mistake.this defanatly wont be the last one.i am not perfect.i dont like talking about the future cause i'm a day by day guy.i can say i will defanatly be a lot more safer and aware.
Smart man you are. Accidents DO happen. Glad you learned your lesson........Now a little off topic.........I was in an accident too! A deer RAN INTO MY CAR!!!

Where's the lesson in that? :?
Old 09-16-2006, 04:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific

SL Member

Originally Posted by ApEx81
I was in an accident too! A deer RAN INTO MY CAR!!!

Where's the lesson in that? :?
Ummm... beware of cute woodland creatures.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by farfromeinstien
Originally Posted by 2fast4you
Originally Posted by farfromeinstien
Originally Posted by dp-_-
By the way, you're not supposed to brake while you turn. You're supposed to brake before it.
hum.. that seems more like personal preference than a rule of the road.
That's one of the first things they teach in drivers education, and it's a question on many driving test. You always brake before a curve.
Yeah I took a driving class too. And I know you dont take a 90 degree turn at 30 mph, but do you break on a big wide turn like the one I was on.. I dont think it matters..
scions come with brakes?! i only have the gas and clutch pedal
Old 09-16-2006, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OMG OMG OMG!!! Are those AIRBAGS!!! How did you get them! Seems like every other wrecked Scion doesn't have them. I hope they remembered to put mine in at the factory.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Unique Scionikz
SL Member

You are 32 years old, you should have people who care about you and perhaps a family. You shouldn't be messing with stuff in the car.

Personally, I don't know you and thus I dont care what happens to you; but your friends and relatives do. Don't let them down.

Btw, did your insurance cover your car and the other's car? Or how did that work?
Old 09-16-2006, 05:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 1badmini

Hey I wasn't getting on your case earlier, and I know accidents happen, but there are plenty of people who have accidents who also unfortunately get in big trouble because of those accidents. I wasn't saying you were intending hit the other car. I'm sure you've known people who have made some mistakes on the road and then ended up having to bum a ride with their friends everywhere they went because they got their license suspened. That's all I was saying.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:18 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by 85ssp
what kind and size of wheels are on your car farfromeinstien?
The car was stock, I was saving up for a turbonetics turbo kit, then wheels... but now that money is going into another car, maybe another scion.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:53 AM
5 Year Member

sweet van, you know what their planning on doing with it? im lookin to drop my tc and get into somethin like that
Old 10-01-2006, 05:17 PM
5 Year Member

my car eventually (insurance claims taking forever)got paid off and so did the other car i hit.i didnt even need gap insurance for my car.....lol.they gave me almost $1,000 more than i paid for the car.I STILL ADVISE EVERYONE TO GET GAP INSURANCE THOUGH,IT IS WORTH IT!!!
i talked to the person i hit a couple days ago,she is alright.she was ____ed at first like anyone would be.but she is very open minded and understood that i made a simple mistake which almost everyone does.it was unfortunate that the accident happened.we both are glad that we are ok.i was the one mostly injured with a gash on my head.i defanatly learned my lesson.i would just wish people not be nieve and say they never do stuff in there car while driving cause its a bunch of crap!!!!!everyone does somthing to a point in there car!!!it cracks me up that people on here say they never do that,that was stupid,or the you actually grabbed the down there(as it was not possible,give me a break).for the real people on this forum that is straight up i give you total props for being real.it takes a lot to admit to doing thing that are stupid.we all are not perfect.we roll our pimped out or not pimped out scions happily and having fun.these guys on here act like we all are going to be totally impressed that they are perfect drivers and are totally focused on the road at all times,totally mistake free........ya right.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

seems many people learn to wear seatbelts when bad things happen and you face plant into something solid on the car. i didnt always wear mine in high school and i learned a pretty good lesson. never do without it now even if im just going down the street or something.

im thinking if you werent leaning down to pick up your phone off the floor you go through the windshield and get hurt a lot worse.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:06 PM
SSQ
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The tC that rolled a few times came out looking really like a Civic if you look at that picture taken from the side.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Glad your both ok and sorry to hear about the accidents..
Old 10-03-2006, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I lost count but I must of owned some 33 cars since I turned 16 and I have never wrecked a single car to where it could not be driven again. [knock on wood]
Sure I was involved in a couple of minor fender benders but not to that degree.
Glad that your OK and getting a newer car, just be careful this time.