Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

I thought this was a ZPI Pulley, but, it's NOT?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I'm surprised this hasnt been locked yet.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

So far you are 0 for 3.

But it's ok dude. You are expected to act like that, You Sale the NST brand.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
So far you are 0 for 3.

Yeah you keep saying how we are like ZPI salesman. Arnt you doing the same thing?
Old 06-13-2006, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

So far you are 0 for 3.

I just started selling NST, I have photo proof I have been running them and other brands for years.

How am I 0 for 3..? What the crap are you talking about?

I will vow to stop selling NST pulleys or any pulleys ever if your dyno run turns out to be consistant with what is claimed which it will not. Keep trying ry, your level of bs is increadible.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Old 06-13-2006, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by yamaha16bw
So far you are 0 for 3.

Yeah you keep saying how we are like ZPI salesman. Arnt you doing the same thing?

All I am claiming is that a stock diameter pulley that is slightly lower in overall weight will not outperform an underdrive pulley in any instance. If ZPI also made an underdrive and someone claimed that the stock sized zpi pulley nets a better gain in performance, I would tell them they are full of crap also. Simply freakin physics people. This just happens to be a case were this ry kid flaunts zpi pulleys, claiming in little stupid smiley faces to be better than NST's. Granted the zpi pulley looks great, it is technically not as functional and will not net the same performance gains period and costs allot more. I am offering to have the testing done at my expense. of both pulleys and having them both evaluated good or bad for both. Why will my offer not be addressed or taken? Because the true story behind those monster numbers is not being shown. Heck, you may not even be able to see the whole story Yamaha if you did not see the a/f ratio first hand to see what was happening. Those numbers are the same results if the car is run cold or if it is hot. Same difference. My offer stands, take it or leave it.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

well the car was warm both dynos and they were only taken about 30 mins apart. The ZPI pulley only weighs about one pound i think. Stock pulley is heavy as lead. I understand you think thats not possible but I bet if you dyno'd a NST pulley you might be surprised with the results. And to be honest I dont have the a/f ratios. All I know is every pull the guy made it went up about 2 hp till it maxed out at 11.5 whp gain. the first only gained 2 hp then it kept going up.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I'm bored with you now. Have a good day, and keep selling your NST pulley package.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

does anyone have a before and after dyno of just a NST underdrive pulley?
Old 06-13-2006, 10:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by yamaha16bw
well the car was warm both dynos and they were only taken about 30 mins apart. The ZPI pulley only weighs about one pound i think. Stock pulley is heavy as lead. I understand you think thats not possible but I bet if you dyno'd a NST pulley you might be surprised with the results. And to be honest I dont have the a/f ratios. All I know is every pull the guy made it went up about 2 hp till it maxed out at 11.5 whp gain. the first only gained 2 hp then it kept going up.

Thanks for the validation of that I was thinking. 30 minutes apart tells it all, Ry was claiming the stock dyno / aftermarket pulley was 5 minutes apart and I know better. And with the NST I would not be suprised, I know what they net on 4ag race motors, I know what underdrive pulleys do and do not. I also know exactly what to expect from the zpi pulley. Ah well, I will let this go if no one wants to man up and let me pay for them to be tested
Old 06-13-2006, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I'm bored with you now. Have a good day, and keep selling your NST pulley package.

Actually know it all, I mainly sell the underdrive alone, since you cannot get this straight after 20 posts, the underdrive can and is run alone 99% of the time, the alt is added for people with monster systems, the waterpump for bling and some weight savings. Simple as that.

And keep up your mega bonage for ZPI man! We all know the world revolves around that company and everything they touch is gold! We all know so because every post that has anything to do with anything zpi sells or the competiton of what zpi sells, your right there saying zpi makes the best period and no matter what facts are brought to the table, you still claim they are the best! preach on man!

The best part is You ignored all offers for testing and did not even entertain the thought of it, you claimed crap like I am 0 for 3 and inconsistant which had no point in the conversation and you cannot even tell me what your talking about, you never backed anything you said up other that "yeah it does not weigh as much and here is zpi's dyno which you lied about claiming runs between pulleys were done 5 minutes apart and then I find out they were 30 minutes apart" and then you were done with me..?? *LOL* OMG I love getting PM's from people reading this either laughing at you or telling me to leave it alone becuase you are so hard headed that nothing ever works with you. man... unreal.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scinergy

wow.... can't we all just get along!?

what i would like to ask is just what kind of hp difference are we talking between NST and ZPI? 2hp? 3hp? come on, stop arguing and being technoheads for a moment and think about this in realistic terms. 2 or 3 hp differences can be found in tC engines coming right out of the factory....sometimes way more than that, in fact. is an underdrive pulley that weighs more vs. a standard-size pulley that weighs less really going to be ALL that different!?

isn't this really just becoming a contest of egos?

ZPI, NST, UR, whatever....they all are going to be "about the same" when you are talking about a single pulley. for a person that wants to do some modest power gains without worrying about accessory power, then the ZPI design is best. if you don't care about MAYBE a problem with accessory power and like the underdrive design, go NST. why all the arguing over what are likely to be minor differences in power gains?

honestly...it's insanity like this that makes people "in the real world" roll their eyes when talking about scionlife. a healthy debate about technical design is one thing, going crazy like this over negligible differences is just sad. no one will be able to feel a 2 or 3 hp difference. get to 5hp and then we're talking something you can begin to discern. and yes i have real-world experience to know that 5hp is about where the difference is felt. anything less is just a paper difference.

i will accept, though, that for someone going to the extremes -- 2 or 3 hp here and 1 or 2 hp there CAN add up. but i don't gather that anyone is debating the extremes. you're all debating NST vs. ZPI...well.. because you can.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Garage1217

Actually know it all, I mainly sell the underdrive alone, since you cannot get this straight after 20 posts, the underdrive can and is run alone 99% of the time, the alt is added for people with monster systems, the waterpump for bling and some weight savings. Simple as that.

And keep up your mega bonage for ZPI man! We all know the world revolves around that company and everything they touch is gold! We all know so because every post that has anything to do with anything zpi sells or the competiton of what zpi sells, your right there saying zpi makes the best period and no matter what facts are brought to the table, you still claim they are the best! preach on man!

The best part is You ignored all offers for testing and did not even entertain the thought of it, you claimed crap like I am 0 for 3 and inconsistant which had no point in the conversation and you cannot even tell me what your talking about, you never backed anything you said up other that "yeah it does not weigh as much and here is zpi's dyno which you lied about claiming runs between pulleys were done 5 minutes apart and then I find out they were 30 minutes apart" and then you were done with me..?? *LOL* OMG I love getting PM's from people reading this either laughing at you or telling me to leave it alone becuase you are so hard headed that nothing ever works with you. man... unreal.

If you can show me where the hell I said it was done 5 mins apart, I will send you a ZPI pulley myself. They slapped on the pulley, he drove around to see what the butt dyno said, then he came back and immediately dynoed it. No where did I ever claim it was a 5 min in between rest. And I have yet to see people run the NST crank pulley WITHOUT the other associating pulleys that go with it. And unless there is another company making the tC faster and faster by the day other than ZPI, and still be able to drive them on the streets, then I would praise them just as much....

You still dance around the fact.....NO DYNO NUMBERS FOR THE NST! Get over yourself. If I cared about what someone said behind my back in PM's, then I probably would have stop posting a long time ago...
Old 06-14-2006, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

wow so much CRAP here. im sorry to do this guys, but there is a bunch of back and forth crap goin on here. if you guys feel the need to continue do it via pms.

thanks and if anyone else has somethin informative for the origional post let me know ill unlock this for ya.