Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

I'm a One wheel Wonder no more! (Quaife LSD is here!) :Pics:

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 03:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh, and sorry Stu... just trying to make a point and clear up bad info.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by Stu_Gotti
Keep this on topic gentlemen

X2 for sure.
thanks, glad to know your here.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:15 PM
Banned
SL Member

Just because one drive wheel is "OFF THE GROUND" (which is totally unrealistic in real world street driving and only rarely happens in autox or rally) does not mean the other drive wheel will STOP SPINNING. Yes, there would be a torque transfer to the free spinning wheel for the SPLIT SECOND that its off the ground, but the contacting wheel would not just DEAD STOP SPINNING. Thats retarded.

FIDANZA............TEIN...........HOTCHKIS......
if you're going to have someone install these products on your car and post it in your sig...at least know how they're spelled. Thats a bit hicky.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

umm... that would be true, if you had the quaife. are you completely retarded? nobody is saying you would actually have one wheel off the ground dumb____. it's theoretical. what it implies is that one wheel has traction and the other one doesn't.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by 2LoTc

FIDANZA............TEIN...........HOTCHKIS......
if you're going to have someone install these products on your car and post it in your sig...at least know how they're spelled. Thats a bit hicky.
haha you caught that too... my friend pointed it out to me the other day. I threw that up there the other night and didn't even edit it. and for some reason everytime I have tried to click on my profile to edit my vitals it signs me out of my logged in name! I've been trying to fix it for a four days now and have been unable to...I'll get it fixed for ya right away...

I also wanted to bring to point that, that "someone" who installed the parts on my car WAS ME. Every part on that list short of the Clutch Flywheel and Diff. was installed by myself and a quite a few very close friends.
I find it very insulting that you feel as if you need to call upon my skill in reguards working on my car in this issue.

Please PM me your insults and keep them off the page.

in Regards to the Topic:

I was unable to pick up my car today as I found the shop didn't have the required parts to finish the install. they are getting overnighted from CA so we may be picking the car up tomorrow evening.

thanks.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not to stray too far off topic (and you all know how I like to keep thing OT ) but if it keeps signing you out, try deleting your temporary internet files, close all your internet explorer windows, and try it again. should work after that. I've had that happen to me.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

cool thanks will see...
Old 05-23-2006, 04:04 AM
5 Year Member

i cant wait to hear how this works..ive wanted one since i got the car and now im waiting to hear if the quaife will perform as i hope

and i dont think misspelling brand names would make anyone hickey...and besides the fact isnt a hickey something your moms leaving on my neck, im sorry for all the negativity but A. i cant stand haters B. i cant stand people who think they know it all
and only noobs call people noobs makes them feel better about not knowing more then some little kid doesnt know.

im from pittsburgh so hick this....you sound silly
Old 05-23-2006, 03:09 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by GetCaughtDead
umm... that would be true, if you had the quaife. are you completely retarded? nobody is saying you would actually have one wheel off the ground dumb____. it's theoretical. what it implies is that one wheel has traction and the other one doesn't.
Well guess what DS. I've driven my tc for 30,000 miles and have slid thru MANY corners..and I've NEVER had a problem with a wheel losing traction and the other wheel ceasing to spin. The tc's diff is FINE for spirited street driving. All this hullabaloo about LSD's is WAY WAY blown out of proportion. SOme people seem to think (probably based on Gran turismo modding) that an LSD will make your car lift up off the ground and fly around the block like aladdin's magic carpet. You most likely will not notice ANY difference except maybe on the autox track..other than the fact that the quaife diff will be MUCh heavier than the OE, probably slowing down wheel velocity anyway.

You can look up as much techno-jargon you want on the internet, that still don't mean you understand dick in REAL WORLD applications.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Such well constructed talk.. and harsh member inuendo's..
Old 05-23-2006, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by 2LoTc
Originally Posted by GetCaughtDead
Well guess what DS. I've driven my tc for 30,000 miles and have slid thru MANY corners..and I've NEVER had a problem with a wheel losing traction and the other wheel ceasing to spin. The tc's diff is FINE for spirited street driving. All this hullabaloo about LSD's is WAY WAY blown out of proportion. SOme people seem to think (probably based on Gran turismo modding) that an LSD will make your car lift up off the ground and fly around the block like aladdin's magic carpet. You most likely will not notice ANY difference except maybe on the autox track..other than the fact that the quaife diff will be MUCh heavier than the OE, probably slowing down wheel velocity anyway.

You can look up as much techno-jargon you want on the internet, that still don't mean you understand dick in REAL WORLD applications.

That is because for one you are not pushing your car hard in corners "or at least you may be thinking you are pushing your car os sliding through a corner but are in fact not". Since I own a tc, and have modified the heck out of it / also running the snot out of it when it was stock, in a low speed corner even stock I had problem with inside wheel spin. Now that I am boosted it is retarded. I rip a corner on or off track in 3rd gear or lower and all I end up with is allot of smoke and another car pulling 3 lenghts on me while one tire is shredding. I cannot wait for the lsd

I have used clutch and mechanical lsd's in many of my ff track cars. An LSD makes a MASSIVE difference. For a daily driver, of course it will not do a whole lot, but if you push your car at all the difference is amazing! Also in snow or bad weather, an LSD makes one heck of a difference in a front drive car. Also if you understand physics, the small overall diameter of the lsd will not do a whole lot at all on slowing down wheel velocity, even if it did, it would only be noiticable in first or second gear and bairly at all. Install a light weight flywheel during the install and throttle responce / first and second gear will be amazing.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Agree'd
Old 05-23-2006, 05:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ummm...

wow thanx scionlife for teaching me new insults... either who though... as far as adverse weather conditions... i think that using a differential too excuse lack of experience in wet or crappy weather is irresponsible. i live in WA and we do it in the rain... and also as far as cornering... im with the guy who said that hes never had problems with his tc in the bends... i just upgrade suspension stuff and then once again it breaks down to technique over beef... you spin in the corners cause your givin it to much gas and if you gotta give it the gas (or start to push) try left foot braking... it helps. not trying to insult just give advice. i will admit... the new differential would be nice to have... it shouldnt be used as a crutch though.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the weather thing is a good point, desertheat. I had a quaife in my CRX and it made a huge difference in the winter. my winter driving skills are up there with the best after driving many years in the mountains of central PA, but I'd rather be driving in the winter with a decent setup any day! skill can only take you so far on a sloppy setup.

Originally Posted by DownhillSpec
you spin in the corners cause your givin it to much gas
giving it less gas doesn't make you go any faster. it's true that you could let off the gas and not spin, but by adding the quaife and limiting inside wheel spin, you should be able to give it more gas without spinning. and isn't that what everyone here wants? it's not about crutches, it's about getting through that corner faster without losing traction.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default heh...

my better judgment says not to get involved in this argument... but i cant help myself... i've beaten a porsche boxter s on a downhill in my tc and i dont have that much into it... i just hate to see people that get wrapped up in the mechanical benefits of parts that dont make them (they themselves not they in that particular car) better drivers... it gets really old... around here no one will run against you in anything more than a straight line because they dont know how... it really starts to erk me in the worst kinda way... like i said i want the diff too... but i personally feel that overall driving ability in a crappy car is far better than a mechanically superior car with an idiot behind the wheel... oh yeah... i cant wait to see the vids once the LSD is installed.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

im surprised nobody has said it yet, but there are about half a million threads on what an LSD is, so dont make this another one.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no argument here, DownhillSpec. I totally agree that a good driver in a crappy car will beat out a crappy driver in a great car, but what about that good driver in a great car? ;) every car has its limits, and I'm simply advocating for expanding those limits.

and yeah, where's that vid!
Old 05-23-2006, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Re: ummm...

wow thanx scionlife for teaching me new insults... either who though... as far as adverse weather conditions... i think that using a differential too excuse lack of experience in wet or crappy weather is irresponsible. i live in WA and we do it in the rain... and also as far as cornering... im with the guy who said that hes never had problems with his tc in the bends... i just upgrade suspension stuff and then once again it breaks down to technique over beef... you spin in the corners cause your givin it to much gas and if you gotta give it the gas (or start to push) try left foot braking... it helps. not trying to insult just give advice. i will admit... the new differential would be nice to have... it shouldnt be used as a crutch though.

Used as a crutch..??? *LOL* ok as soon as I am in this post I am out. That is like saying "I bought these drag slicks to improve my time over stock tire, even though they are just a crutch because they give me traction" The simple fact is your looking at it backwords which tells me your not on the track that often. It is not you have to limit throttle to try to prevent wheel spin, it is how much throttle you can give it if you have traction with an lsd without causing wheel spin. Why the crap would I want to left foot brake on a corner exit trying to get traction and limiting throttle when I could power out of the corner and gain tons of precious time? Most of the logic on this post is simple insanity. Most have no idea what they are talking about and post total crap like it is fact. This is how ricers and retards are born. Spreading crap they read that they do not know anything about.

Still wondering, How the crap is an lsd a crutch..? Does that mean running shocks with variable damping is just a crutch? Does that mean sway bars are just a crutch? *LOL* sorry that just baffles me...

Simple fact, an LSD is a killer upgrade for someone that is upgrading there car, has cash to do so, understands what an lsd can do for them and can drive the car well enough that they can make use of it. If your driving sucks, then wait on an lsd until your skill level is up to the machine your driving. Anyone that says diff is a tard.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Default Re: heh...

...ability in a crappy car is far better than a mechanically superior car with an idiot behind the wheel...

This is a very true statement, I've seen it first hand.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:45 PM
Banned
SL Member

Default Re: ummm...

Originally Posted by desertheat
Used as a crutch..??? *LOL* ok as soon as I am in this post I am out. That is like saying "I bought these drag slicks to improve my time over stock tire, even though they are just a crutch because they give me traction" The simple fact is your looking at it backwords which tells me your not on the track that often. It is not you have to limit throttle to try to prevent wheel spin, it is how much throttle you can give it if you have traction with an lsd without causing wheel spin. Why the crap would I want to left foot brake on a corner exit trying to get traction and limiting throttle when I could power out of the corner and gain tons of precious time? Most of the logic on this post is simple insanity. Most have no idea what they are talking about and post total crap like it is fact. This is how ricers and retards are born. Spreading crap they read that they do not know anything about.

Still wondering, How the crap is an lsd a crutch..? Does that mean running shocks with variable damping is just a crutch? Does that mean sway bars are just a crutch? *LOL* sorry that just baffles me...

Simple fact, an LSD is a killer upgrade for someone that is upgrading there car, has cash to do so, understands what an lsd can do for them and can drive the car well enough that they can make use of it. If your driving sucks, then wait on an lsd until your skill level is up to the machine your driving. Anyone that says diff is a tard.
oh man, what a BLowhard!!!

Sorry, i never realized that Desertheat was the GOD of cars and driving and all things auto-related. Jeezus!

Howse the weather up there on your high pedestal desertheat?

Do you know how easy it is to sit in front of your computer and look stuff up on google and talk like you know EVERYGODDAMNTHING about EVERYTHING??

You're really not impressing anyone, just making yourself look like a giant douche.

Just because people DON'T agree with you, Doesn't mean they're automatically wrong!!

Have fun being Mr. KNowitall. Sorry you wasted your money on a car you can't drive.

Quick Reply: I'm a One wheel Wonder no more! (Quaife LSD is here!) :Pics: