Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

I'm a One wheel Wonder no more! (Quaife LSD is here!) :Pics:

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 05:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by PghtC
I wanna see a 2-wheel burnout now.
that will most likely come during one of those weekend solo events. I wll have a video camera and a friend on hand to help out. I think my boss would be ____eD if I was doing burnouts at the office lot.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

that will most likely come during one of those weekend solo events. I wll have a video camera and a friend on hand to help out. I think my boss would be ____eD if I was doing burnouts at the office lot.
just do it and take some pictures. congrat to you!!
Old 05-30-2006, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by KJIN
just do it and take some pictures. congrat to you!!
thanks man.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

bump for info
Old 06-03-2006, 01:35 AM
Banned
SL Member

Blah. this thread is totally useless.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:39 AM
dex
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just got my differential installed and took it for a test drive in the rain. the car has more grip at WOT in the rain than it did stock when it was dry. im gunna have lots and lots of fun this season.

Originally Posted by 2LoTc
your the only thing that is useless in this thread.
Old 06-03-2006, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tight!!
Old 06-03-2006, 05:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i want to see image or video of a burnout with both wheels spinning.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:25 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by dex
i just got my differential installed and took it for a test drive in the rain. the car has more grip at WOT in the rain than it did stock when it was dry. im gunna have lots and lots of fun this season.

Yeah, sweet. You live in BUFFALO. Mite as well be Canada you hick.

Maybe if my mommy and daddy BOUGHT me my tc, i'd have some $$$ sitting around to go blow on parts i only know about because of Gran Turismo and which are only actually going to make a difference on a track car.. NOt some stock SCION with 160 HP

RICERS
Old 06-03-2006, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow-ski - didn't have the patients to read thru the whole post here, but someone get me a towel... if there's one thing our ride needs its an LSD, boosted or not, the torque on the 2.4 is massive as is, this is gonna be amazing for anyone who wants to get the most out of what that engine has to offer.

Bravo young grasshoppa -

pics/ vids/ comments IMMEDIATELY!!!

2LoTc - back off - when you get a tC you can talk smack about what it does and doesnt need... maybe if you had been driving one for as long as all of us you'de know a bit about what its all about

- then again if you've got a tC and Im mistaken, change your avatar and take your car out to really see what it can do, when you realize it strenghts and limits you'll respect the car alot more

don't ruin an informative post for everyone by starting something
Old 06-03-2006, 06:34 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by modified785
wow-ski - didn't have the patients to read thru the whole post here, but someone get me a towel... if there's one thing our ride needs its an LSD, boosted or not, the torque on the 2.4 is massive as is, this is gonna be amazing for anyone who wants to get the most out of what that engine has to offer.

Bravo young grasshoppa -

pics/ vids/ comments IMMEDIATELY!!!

2LoTc - back off - when you get a tC you can talk smack about what it does and doesnt need... maybe if you had been driving one for as long as all of us you'de know a bit about what its all about

- then again if you've got a tC and Im mistaken, change your avatar and take your car out to really see what it can do, when you realize it strenghts and limits you'll respect the car alot more

don't ruin an informative post for everyone by starting something
haha. yeah kid. I love when a 20 year old kid tells me "if i'd been driving one as long as us..." Not only am i five years older than you and most likely have driven WAY more than you..I've had my tc since october 04 and have 30K miles on it. I've tested the cars limits...and i can tell you, it is NOT limited by its open differential. Weight, weak suspension, crap tires, GEARING, and a 4 cyl engine are the limiting factors in making this a non-performance oriented car.

Avatars are beat. You don't need to know nothing about me.

NO 160 HP street driven car "NEEDS" a LSD. 160 tq is NOT massive.

nice street tires will make a MUCH more noticeable difference than a LSD.

The reason the tc in stock trim (and modded) spins tires so much -fooling everyone into thinking it needs LSD- is because its a heavy FWD car. Just because you chirp tires going around a curve does not mean you need a LSD.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:51 PM
dex
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dex

Yeah, sweet. You live in BUFFALO. Mite as well be Canada you hick.

Maybe if my mommy and daddy BOUGHT me my tc, i'd have some $$$ sitting around to go blow on parts i only know about because of Gran Turismo and which are only actually going to make a difference on a track car.. NOt some stock SCION with 160 HP

RICERS
what are you 12? trying to talk smack about where i live like that has anything to do at all with this thread? why dont you stop throwing your little tantrum and ask mommy to buy you some ice cream. all your doing is making yourself look more and more ignorant everytime you post in this thread.

ohh and btw. mommy and daddy have been nice to me but cant afford to buy themselves a new car let alone one for me. i havnt lived with them in 12 years because im 30 and actually grewup and took on responsibility when i graduated high school. I am a supervisor/programmer for the lathe department at a very successful machine shop and get paid well enough to pay for my own toys. and eventhough i love gran turismo...i knew much more about the mechanics of cars than you do now before the game was even created. you see me and my daddy had to fix the cars ourselves because it was too expensive to take it to a garage. i was doing brake jobs before i was a teenager.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

It is probably good for you that you don't post your information 2LoTc. If people knew where you were from, they would be embarrassed to be from the same state as you.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Banned
SL Member

Edited by spider 13
Old 06-04-2006, 04:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I have to sound off here. I actually have seen the LSD in action and it is awesome. Now to the more fun part of this... I am from Buffalo, but I have moved down to Atlanta...so here is what I have to say. This is a forum about our cars and yes some of us have lots of money and some dont...It really does not matter. Philly huh congrats....what does Philly have ????? Well all it is city with lots of history.....so congrats on that one. Maybe you should go back to your little city and think before you talk and look like a total a$$ on this forum. You use to build cars back i the day well good for you.... maybe you should stick to that and stop proving that you have no interpersonal skills. Soooooo thanks for listining and for Buffalo..we have wings and you have a steak sub ...wow
Old 06-04-2006, 04:44 PM
dex
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PghtC
It is probably good for you that you don't post your information 2LoTc. If people knew where you were from, they would be embarrassed to be from the same state as you.
Yeah PGHTC... I'm from PHILLY Biotch. KNOW THAT. I'm embarrassed to live in a state with a redneck city like pittsburgh. Come to phillly some time and get f'd up by me personally country boy. Sweet ugly beard.

Dex-- maybe i don't have a LSD in my 160 hp DD SCION...but i certainly know enough about mechanics to help work on a 9 second streetdriven drag car.
www.fuzionauto.com (i also shot the video)
While you were doing brake jobs...i was building turbo civics dsms and supras.

"you see me and my daddy had to fix the cars ourselves because it was too expensive to take it to a garage. i was doing brake jobs before i was a teenager."

OR maybe, you live so far out in the boonies that the closest mechanic shop was 57 miles away, so you were forced to learn how to fix your pickup truck yourself just like every other hick in this RED country.
yet again you prove your ignorance. if your 25 like you say, then you wernt building turbo civics dsms or supras when i was doing brake jobs. more like playing hide and seek or getting spanked by mommy cause you were only 5 or 6 years old. the nearest mechanics shop is a block away, i dont live in or anywhere near the boonies. and reguardless of where i live, im not gunna spew prejudice remarks towards anyone who does live in the boonies because neither you or I are any better than someone who does you closed minded *****. and with your posts in this thread i doubt you have ever worked on a drag car, let alone a 9 second street car. which is pretty stupid i may add to drive a car that quick on the streets. you sound like a know it all teenager who really knows squat and if you cant understand the benefits of a LSD on this car then STFU. you remind me of the muscleheaded jocks out there who think a V8 powered Fbody or Mustang was built by the hands of god and is the only thing capable of being fast.

Mods: i hate to add more BS to what was an informative thread. can you please spank this child and send him to his room? i think he needs a time out.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Philly huh. I grew up there and got out. Couldn't stand it anymore. I'll never go back. A big reason for leaving was because of ignoramous' like you.

Enjoy your miserable life. Obviously you are miserable with your life that you have to be on here bashing other people and what they do to their own cars. I vote a lock on this post, or at least a moderator deleting all the posts by 2LoTc and suspending his account until he has something worthwhile to add.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

this has become gross. how about you guys take it all to PMs or some messenger, and leave this to be an LSD thread, not a brag-fest. and anyone who's actually that good, doesnt need to go around bragging on a message board to justify themselves. grow up. there is no excuse for this garbage. leave the egos at the doorstep.

the only reason every single SL thread turns into some locked crap is because people are too petty to just let something slide. im sure pride matters here.

IM FAR MORE INTERESTED IN HEARING MORE FROM THE GUY WITH AN LSD. IM SURE IM NOT ALONE IN THIS. lets leave it at that :]
Old 06-04-2006, 06:41 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by hunterUnknown
this has become gross. how about you guys take it all to PMs or some messenger, and leave this to be an LSD thread, not a brag-fest. and anyone who's actually that good, doesnt need to go around bragging on a message board to justify themselves. grow up. there is no excuse for this garbage. leave the egos at the doorstep.

the only reason every single SL thread turns into some locked crap is because people are too petty to just let something slide. im sure pride matters here.

IM FAR MORE INTERESTED IN HEARING MORE FROM THE GUY WITH AN LSD. IM SURE IM NOT ALONE IN THIS. lets leave it at that :]
Yeah...so shut up.

and my point still stands: That putting a LSD in a tc is like putting a Stage 3 racing clutch in a tc. These mods are fun to say and talk about, and will work wonders in Gran Turismo, but in the REAL WORLD, they most likely do more harm/negative effects than good.

Go ask any REAL tuner...not just some kid who buys a tc then goes and googles everything he can think of about cars to try to learn something or some guy whose "friend" is a big time tuner and he told him so...
Old 06-05-2006, 02:56 AM
dex
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

update:

ok it finally stopped raining and i got to run the new differential in the dry. ive always been able to drive into corners hard because of really stiff spring rates, beefy swaybars, and sticky rubber. but i could never come out of the apex strong because the inside tire would go up in smoke. this differential has solved this problem and now i can put the power to the ground. this car is really fun to drive now...will all 160 hamster power screamin under the hood. quaife's differential is worth every penny i paid for it.

Quick Reply: I'm a One wheel Wonder no more! (Quaife LSD is here!) :Pics: