Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Increase power and throttle response NEW Device**NEW PICS**

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Watching too...Kinda looks like it would work, but you never know....just waiting to get some more info on tis new product
Old 10-04-2006, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

watching this to see if its real or not. What exactly does it do to get his power and throttle response?
It's a scam like Turbonator, Grounding Kits, Throttle Body Spacers, and other useless garbage that the young and uninformed think will have a positive effect on their car.

If you want throttle response, get a nice light set of wheels, a lightened flywheel or even one of those god-forsaken underdrive crank pullies. Even if they have a chance at screwing you out of a motor, they at least have physics backing them in terms of improvement.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mattvs
watching this to see if its real or not. What exactly does it do to get his power and throttle response?
It's a scam like Turbonator, Grounding Kits, Throttle Body Spacers, and other useless garbage that the young and uninformed think will have a positive effect on their car.

If you want throttle response, get a nice light set of wheels, a lightened flywheel or even one of those god-forsaken underdrive crank pullies. Even if they have a chance at screwing you out of a motor, they at least have physics backing them in terms of improvement.
Have you tried it before or is that just your opinion.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mattvs

Now, im not sure how DBW specifically works, but here is what i can tell you...

On the tC, we all know that there is a little bit of play on the pedal before the car opens the throttle body plate... for sake of argument, let's just say it is 1cm of pedal travel until the car even registers it.

Now, during that 1cm of travel, the pedal IS changing the resistance on the throttle pot, but its too low or too small of a change for the ecu to detect... this device (a simple circuit) can translate that small change into one that the ecu will see... eliminating the play in the pedal...

next, someone mentioned that when you floor the pedal, the tc will not open the throttle body all the way, if this is because scion designed the ecu to only let the tb open that much, then we cant do much about it with a circuit on the pedal. BUT theoretically if you were to go past the "floor" and push the pedal farther and send that resistance to the ecu and the ecu would open the tb to WOT, then this device could easily do that, just read the input resistance and output a modified one... kind of like an ecu piggyback...

i wish i knew more about DBW, like how is the electrical resistance changing as you press the pedal, what values does the ecu accept, etc etc... then i could tell you if such a device would work...
Old 10-04-2006, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Just bumping for info
Old 10-04-2006, 04:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just a little side note: I am not forcing anyone to purchase this unit. I have been involved in the sport compact industry for over a decade devolping several performance bolt on parts for several different tuner cars. When I stumble across something that may have potential I will provide this peice to any enthusiast. I will get a dyno sheet for anyone interested and we will see if the unit is worth its weight in the all american dollar.

I sincerely despise when bogus products are introduced to market and a hard earned dollar is wasted on crap or taiwan imitation crap. Then having to spend more money to get the part that you really needed in the first place.

I have also developed TB's for several non DBW cars, that is why this part peaked my interest due to the pain in the ___ development that would go into making an actual billet TB with the DBW.

I am considering manufacturing some other Billet Accessories for the TC as we speak.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member

I will like to get one of these too.. The only thing I dont like about the tc is the response. Anyways.. what is the price lookin like?
Old 10-05-2006, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by wtc_81
I will like to get one of these too.. The only thing I dont like about the tc is the response. Anyways.. what is the price lookin like?
x2
Old 10-05-2006, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Now, im not sure how DBW specifically works, but here is what i can tell you...

On the tC, we all know that there is a little bit of play on the pedal before the car opens the throttle body plate... for sake of argument, let's just say it is 1cm of pedal travel until the car even registers it.

Now, during that 1cm of travel, the pedal IS changing the resistance on the throttle pot, but its too low or too small of a change for the ecu to detect... this device (a simple circuit) can translate that small change into one that the ecu will see... eliminating the play in the pedal...

next, someone mentioned that when you floor the pedal, the tc will not open the throttle body all the way, if this is because scion designed the ecu to only let the tb open that much, then we cant do much about it with a circuit on the pedal. BUT theoretically if you were to go past the "floor" and push the pedal farther and send that resistance to the ecu and the ecu would open the tb to WOT, then this device could easily do that, just read the input resistance and output a modified one... kind of like an ecu piggyback...

i wish i knew more about DBW, like how is the electrical resistance changing as you press the pedal, what values does the ecu accept, etc etc... then i could tell you if such a device would work...

The resistance is changed by a potentiometer attached to the pedal. That is simple as can be.

On the pedal play, you can remove that in a much simpler way. And it will not improve throttle response, it simply move the point at which the pedal movement is detected. Many have used shims to do this. I personally see no point. Every car ever made has some play in the pedal, especially a non throttle by wire vehicle.

As far as quicker response, this unit has no way of making the signal change more quickly in relation to pedal movement that I can see. I have played the other role by trying to sit here and think of how I would design a controller to do this and can think of no way to do it. You can exaggerate the pedal movement to the ECU, but this isnt really quickening the response.

As far as WOT, the rest of the system is designed around this value, so there is no telling if there will be ANY effect by this or if the effect will be a good one.

Time will tell if this does anything at all. I wont flat out deny it will have any effect at all, but I would be suprised if it does much. [/quote]
Old 10-11-2006, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

watching
Old 10-11-2006, 01:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

eh.. it was a scam, lock this up tight!
Old 10-11-2006, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mike6789k
whaa?? care to enlighten?
Old 10-11-2006, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dieselstation
Originally Posted by mike6789k
whaa?? care to enlighten?
no updates from op, did some googling.. this was my conclusion
Old 10-11-2006, 04:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

the product is brand new has not been introduced to the market yet....i amstill gathering data...hang in there guys.

as i said before, i have been making products for the sport compact industry for over a decade now and trying out some new products for Scions. The last thing i want to do is give someone a bunch of BS, that is one thing I cannot stand is when the end user is left with their d*ck in their hand or with a product that doesnt work. I have tested all my products on some of the fastest drag cars in our industry befor releasing them. so please hang in there and I will let everyone know the second all the data is in.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

watching .....
Old 10-11-2006, 05:03 AM
5 Year Member

just bought a 07 tc looking for upgrades let me know a price.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

did you feel the differnce at all.... like not in your head but really feel it.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

I trust Engifineer when it comes to the electrical stuff... I'm still really trying to think of how this device would work to do something... it could exagerate the movement of the sensor,

But, hell... I'd be scared to introduce something electrical in my DBW setup... god forbit it malfunctions and locks my throttle at 100%....

Time will tell though, I'd like to give everything a shot...
Old 10-13-2006, 06:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

time will tell.... looks pretty cool seems like some time has been put into . wondering about price.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Very interesting!!

I'm interested on price aswell how soon before you have a dyno report?? Thanks

Quick Reply: Increase power and throttle response NEW Device**NEW PICS**