Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Ingalls Engine Torque Damper review (released today)

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by schwettynuts
I dont see why this part cannot be mounted to supercharged tc. I dunno if I like this new SL setup.
Where did you read that? It should mount no problem.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

They changed SL layout. No more "Power Hungry" instead they put this on Natural Aspiration
Old 12-09-2005, 03:16 PM
2JZ
5 Year Member
SL Member

use RAAMmat BXT or BQuiet Ultimate. Dynamat is hella expensive for no more practical improvement in performance

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/
Old 12-09-2005, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

tracking for a DIY

looks like a soild product!!!
Old 12-09-2005, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why a DIY..this is easier to install than a CAI.

1. Remove passenger shock tower bolts and istall bracket. Tighten bolts.

2. Unscrew upper bolts on motor mounts and install bracket. Tighten bolts.

3. Install damper between bolts..enjoy.

4. Adjust the preloard on the damper to eliminate rattles

5. Enjoy

Thats for the weapon R damper at least and this kit apperas to mount to the same locations. Very easy install that anybody with basic tools can do in about 15 minutes.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by -Keith-
These brackets are forged... not welded like weapon r's... there is a reason why weapon r is redesigning there's...
Keith, I thought you'd like to know, that there is a very big difference between FORGED, and a BENT bracket. The engine side bracket here is a 1/4" piece of steel, BENT to the shape that it is. I highly doubt Ingalls would spend the huge amount of money it costs to produce a forging mold, just to make an engine damper bracket, let alone sell it for $340. And given the unsupported upright design of the engine side bracket, this it will tweak, bend, and/or crack, just like our original design did. THIS is the reason why we are revising the brackets, to add gussets and strength, not because they are WELDED. Please enlighten yourself on the fundamentals structural and metal fabrication before making unfounded comments and claims.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by WeaponR_Ray
Originally Posted by -Keith-
These brackets are forged... not welded like weapon r's... there is a reason why weapon r is redesigning there's...
Keith, I thought you'd like to know, that there is a very big difference between FORGED, and a BENT bracket. The engine side bracket here is a 1/4" piece of steel, BENT to the shape that it is. I highly doubt Ingalls would spend the huge amount of money it costs to produce a forging mold, just to make an engine damper bracket, let alone sell it for $340. And given the unsupported upright design of the engine side bracket, this it will tweak, bend, and/or crack, just like our original design did. THIS is the reason why we are revising the brackets, to add gussets and strength, not because they are WELDED. Please enlighten yourself on the fundamentals structural and metal fabrication before making unfounded comments and claims.
woah, snap! quite a war brewing
Old 12-09-2005, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

oooooooo
Old 12-09-2005, 05:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

hey ray. I think the main contributing factor on the failure on product like this is fatigue because of the frequency of the engine dont you think? Its like bending coil hanger back and forward and it will eventually snap. Most structural failure is mostly at connection like welded connection or around the bolted connection.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by schwettynuts
hey ray. I think the main contributing factor on the failure on product like this is fatigue because of the frequency of the engine dont you think? Its like bending coil hanger back and forward and it will eventually snap. Most structural failure is mostly at connection like welded connection or around the bolted connection.
True, most fatigue failures are due to a constant force, battering at the weakest point in the construction. The fact that the welded point just happened to be the weakest on our bracket, does not make room for argument that all welds are more prone to failure compared to a solid piece. The welded connection became the weakest point due to its configuration. A tall, solitary upright, with no gussets or supports, with the damper positioned at the top, makes the welded point a fulcrum for the full force of the engine movement. Our revised damper will include gusseting to strengthen the upright. A quality welded joint has been proven to be stronger than a bolted or solid joint in many cases.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

all i can say is.. the more competitors.. the better it is for the consumers .
Old 12-09-2005, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have no problem with competition, it only makes us work harder on better products. I do have a problem however, with people making claims on a product, and slandering us in the process, without truly knowing what they are talking about.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by WeaponR_Ray
I have no problem with competition, it only makes us work harder on better products. I do have a problem however, with people making claims on a product, and slandering us in the process, without truly knowing what they are talking about.
I totally agree with you, this happens allot on Scionlife, but you are doing the right thing by adressing the problem instead of ignoring it , when do you estimate the new ones will be out?, I really want to replace my, thanks.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ray, when will the revised dampers be available?
Old 12-09-2005, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We expect another container of products in mid-January, so hopefully I'll have them by then.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wait so either of the damper kits dont work with the supercharger?
Old 12-10-2005, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

It does work. I cant see why it wont work.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey Ray THANKS FOR THREAD HI JACKING. Your brackets bend and break thats a supported fact by owners of your so called "great" product. Want to know why Tc buyers will buy the Ingalls one over your because INGALLS dosent release products before they have been tested. That torque dampner of yours has been nothing but trouble. Now you come into a review thread and HI-Jack it to boast about the fact that your first try at a dampner was a joke and now you have to replace them and redesign them because you didnt take time in your R&D. What a joke! I have had this piece from Ingalls on my car since Aug. and have had three different brackets on my car. Why you might ask because the first 2 designs had failures so a redesign was needed. Now i have had the production piece on my car for three months with no signs of fatigue or bending in the metal. Not just an observation but verified by Ingalls R&D department. INGALLS has put you in your place on this part by releasing a quality part that works fits and is well priced. So please go push that rear bar while you still can cause Ingalls has you beat there to.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:59 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by BOXMAN
Hey Ray THANKS FOR THREAD HI JACKING. Your brackets bend and break thats a supported fact by owners of your so called "great" product. Want to know why Tc buyers will buy the Ingalls one over your because INGALLS dosent release products before they have been tested. That torque dampner of yours has been nothing but trouble. Now you come into a review thread and HI-Jack it to boast about the fact that your first try at a dampner was a joke and now you have to replace them and redesign them because you didnt take time in your R&D. What a joke! I have had this piece from Ingalls on my car since Aug. and have had three different brackets on my car. Why you might ask because the first 2 designs had failures so a redesign was needed. Now i have had the production piece on my car for three months with no signs of fatigue or bending in the metal. Not just an observation but verified by Ingalls R&D department. INGALLS has put you in your place on this part by releasing a quality part that works fits and is well priced. So please go push that rear bar while you still can cause Ingalls has you beat there to.
^ Yup. Its all about the R&D, Ingalls comes out far ahead and they BACK there products with replacements.

Tai
Old 12-10-2005, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

Stop the UNPROFESSIONALISM

Just glad to see more options on the market.... take your arguements to PM's...

They don't belong here.

Quick Reply: Ingalls Engine Torque Damper review (released today)