Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Ingalls Engine Torque Damper review (released today)

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 02:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 400amonth
This is a copy of another product which also sucks and makes your car sound horrible on the inside. Dynamat will be like hot tar on your paint during summer. Waste of money unless you hit the track weekly and need that extra 1/10th.

YES I had one installed..you can click on my link below to see pics. I took it off because I'm not driving a 06 that sounds inside like an 1985 diesel rabbit.
Doesn't look like an Ingalls damper to me...What brand is that ?
Old 12-19-2005, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by robstamina
Originally Posted by 400amonth
This is a copy of another product which also sucks and makes your car sound horrible on the inside. Dynamat will be like hot tar on your paint during summer. Waste of money unless you hit the track weekly and need that extra 1/10th.

YES I had one installed..you can click on my link below to see pics. I took it off because I'm not driving a 06 that sounds inside like an 1985 diesel rabbit.
Doesn't look like an Ingalls damper to me...What brand is that ?
It looks like the Weapon R engine dampner and I have it as well, but I wouldn't go as far and say it sounds like a 1985 diesel inside, everybody has their own different opinios on this product thou.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Quick to run your mouth about a product you DON'T EVEN HAVE!! Yes weapon r's are crap and even Weapon-Ray has admited they need a redesign. Ingalls is a quality product and dont bash before you BUY!!!!
Old 12-22-2005, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump
Old 12-22-2005, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by WeDriveScions
Stop the UNPROFESSIONALISM

Just glad to see more options on the market.... take your arguements to PM's...

They don't belong here.

...agreed
Old 12-28-2005, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump
Old 12-28-2005, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

triple posting ownz you...
Old 01-01-2006, 09:03 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

just installed my ingalls ETD and the first thing i noticed was the vibrations in the car when i started the engine... though i used some dynamat... it was kinda a thin layer... ... hmm... well... i don't mind the noise that much...

anyway... i felt the difference immediately when taking off as well as downshifting... it feels so much better... granted the car likes to vibrate alot... but oh well.... the car movement feels uhh. better... more in control i guess? hard to explain... but all-in-all... satisfied with the product.... now i want ingalls rear tower brace to come out..
Old 01-03-2006, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

will the ingalls ETD cause so much vibration that it will make the hatch or any other part of the car rattle more or sqeek?
Old 01-03-2006, 04:02 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

i didn't get any more rattle....
Old 01-03-2006, 01:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I love mine. I didn't use no dynamat.. and I probally wont.. its really not that bad..
Old 01-03-2006, 02:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by Stu_Gotti
I love mine. I didn't use no dynamat.. and I probally wont.. its really not that bad..
Have you checked your ear lately stu? Yeah.. its really not that bad. Plus I think most people get the etd after they spend their money at least on a muffler. The noise of the muffler will cancel the vibratioin noise .
Old 01-03-2006, 03:30 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Good stuff everyone, glad people are liking this mod and catching on. IMO, its the best bang for buck you can do to a FWD car.

Tai
CorSport
Old 01-03-2006, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Also it depends on how "broken in" your car is.. newer cars (under 10k) will transfer resonation more than a car with like 30k+..Also make sure that it is instralled correctly... There needs to be a rubber o ring next to the heim joint or you get 10X's as much resonation.. Check Kaeons reveiw for the D.Y.I.... type search Ingalls and it is usually the first thing that comes up..Call Ingalls too if you have questions etc. Basically dynamat the brackets if it is resonating that bad..Or get a louder muffler hehe..hope this helped....
Old 01-03-2006, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

It is really not that bad. I wish I could sit in front of the engine while my car is moving to figure out how to totally eliminate the noise. Or maybe use the dyno station so the car will be stationary while in gear. You cant just rev the engine on neutral and hear it. It will only make the noise on lower rpm when you are in a gear. So if any of you figure out a way to totally eliminate it, I am sure ingalls would appreciate it. Sometimes a little mod could make a huge difference. Im thinking about sparying the bolt holes for the bracket with that rubber material spray. Maybe that will totally eliminate the noise.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I'll be the first to admit.. I think going through the whole OIF War.. especially with no hearing plugs.. it will damage your hearing..

I mean.. I do hear what everyone is saying.. but between my music and exhaust.. pfft.. what noise?

My car is overly broken in also.. 53K... could also be a factor.. I love it though. I completely ate a type-S up the other day.. absolutely no spin-out, hop or anything.. just left him.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

OIF ??????huh what's that one mean?
Old 02-22-2006, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Stu_Gotti
I'll be the first to admit.. I think going through the whole OIF War.. especially with no hearing plugs.. it will damage your hearing..

I mean.. I do hear what everyone is saying.. but between my music and exhaust.. pfft.. what noise?

My car is overly broken in also.. 53K... could also be a factor.. I love it though. I completely ate a type-S up the other day.. absolutely no spin-out, hop or anything.. just left him.
You ate up a type-s...Thats good news, did u beat him off the line or completely beat him.... a friend of mine has a type-s and he usually wins once his vtech kicks in, but he also has a short throw, aem V2 intake, and i think dc sport headers...
Old 02-12-2007, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can't wait to see how this is, i just ordered mine from corsport. So far i have heard every possible review. Fantastic, good, ok, poor, and sux as$hole. Can't wait to see for myself!!!
Old 02-12-2007, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Unique Scionikz
SL Member

^ ^^way to resurrect a dead thread after a year. haha.

Quick Reply: Ingalls Engine Torque Damper review (released today)