Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

INJEN CAI INSTALLED - CAR WONT START!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Juan1224
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
I have another question everyone: Is the MAF really so delicate? All we did was remove it from the stock intake and move it out of the way without unplugging it. We didn't throw it around or anything.
yeah, but you lubbed it. with what might I ask? I'm not trying to be a smartass, but like the saying goes "If it aint broke, don't fix it". Injen's instructions did not call for any lub on the MAF so that it will fit better. Follow directions to a "T" and you wouldn't have problems. I didn't have no problems what so ever, when installing the Injen intake.
It's not like i let it soak in WD 40 over night dude, chill! We just used a damp paper towel. We read on a post that it might help make a better seal. As far as following instructions to a "T", we did. Thanks
Ok, this is a time when you follow the directions, and not what someone else said. cosmetic stuff I don't mind reading other peoples opinions about. But engine stuff, I often only go by the actual manufacture. And when I meant by following to a "T", Injen's instructions did not call for you to damp it with a paper towel.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have another question everyone: Is the MAF really so delicate? All we did was remove it from the stock intake and move it out of the way without unplugging it. We didn't throw it around or anything.
yeah, but you lubbed it. with what might I ask? I'm not trying to be a smartass, but like the saying goes "If it aint broke, don't fix it". Injen's instructions did not call for any lub on the MAF so that it will fit better. Follow directions to a "T" and you wouldn't have problems. I didn't have no problems what so ever, when installing the Injen intake.
It's not like i let it soak in WD 40 over night dude, chill! We just used a damp paper towel. We read on a post that it might help make a better seal. As far as following instructions to a "T", we did. Thanks

Ok, this is a time when you follow the directions, and not what someone else said. cosmetic stuff I don't mind reading other peoples opinions about. But engine stuff, I often only go by the actual manufacture. And when I meant by following to a "T", Injen's instructions did not call for you to damp it with a paper towel.
Right, the instruction say to slighly moisten the O ring on the MAF, in my case i did moisten the O ring with a wet paper towel so it can slip in the intake tube with minimal restriction. It worked perfectly and has been for 400 miles. :D Oh im glad they are fixing it for you ,,,you saved your self a ____ load of money .
Old 06-28-2005, 03:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by acasanova

Right, the instruction say to slighly moisten the O ring on the MAF, in my case i did moisten the O ring with a wet paper towel so it can slip in the intake tube with minimal restriction. It worked perfectly and has been for 400 miles. :D Oh im glad they are fixing it for you ,,,you saved your self a poopie load of money .
Got my instructions out, and re-read that part. My bad. Infact it does say to moisten it a little. But I sure am glad I over-read that, cause I don't have a CEL nor did the car stall on start-up.