Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Injen Exhaust Review

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member

the injen pipe cant be much, if any more than that.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that exhaust hangs way to low. I would never consider it since im dropped so low. Anyone know if the CC exhaust hangs under like that?
Old 08-01-2005, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member

i dont know if they all hang "that low" but I am pretty sure that all of the exhausts pass under the rear suspension as there is little to no room to pass over it.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the stock exhaust sits lower then that its just painted black so its not as noticable
Old 08-01-2005, 12:48 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by aarontrini85
the stock exhaust sits lower then that its just painted black so its not as noticable
thank you. finally, someone else who agrees with me on that.

I never actually measured it, but I have been swearing up and down to my friends that the stock muffler sits at least as low if not lower than the Injen pipe does.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

I'd probably paint mine black.

+1 sleeper.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

http://home.comcast.net/~aarontrini85/MOV01604.MPG

this is my new sound clip sorry for the crappy quality of the video but i droped the video quality so i could still keep it realy small and get decent audio
ugh now i gotta get the money to get this exhaust.... lol i have the injen CAI and i love it, and the injen exhaust was my first pick, 2nd was HKS.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

INJEN
Old 08-03-2005, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was wondering if anyone knew what all comes with this exhuast, cause i bought it from another person, and was wondering what all was included, it will be used so i was wondering if i will need to buy some extra parts...or anything i will need beforehand so i can install it as soon as it gets here.

THanks
Old 08-03-2005, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by unlimited77
I was wondering if anyone knew what all comes with this exhuast, cause i bought it from another person, and was wondering what all was included, it will be used so i was wondering if i will need to buy some extra parts...or anything i will need beforehand so i can install it as soon as it gets here.

THanks
mine came with nothing i had to buy new nuts for it other then that you dont need any thing for it

Originally Posted by davedavetC

this is my new sound clip sorry for the crappy quality of the video but i droped the video quality so i could still keep it realy small and get decent audio
ugh now i gotta get the money to get this exhaust.... lol i have the injen CAI and i love it, and the injen exhaust was my first pick, 2nd was HKS.
well sorry i forced you to make this choice lol its awsome i love the look and the sound of it the hks sounds good i just cant stand the side ways exit of it looks to fast and furious for me lol
Old 08-03-2005, 01:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not bad

this was my first choice so far, but there is something about it i dont' like, during the first rev of the video provided :T, the 2nd one was sweet
Old 08-03-2005, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by raWr215
not bad

this was my first choice so far, but there is something about it i dont' like, during the first rev of the video provided :T, the 2nd one was sweet
the car was ideling high becouse it was its first time being on in like 2 days and it always idels high when it is first turned on ill do another video later today and ill do a drive buy one also once i get my rims back on after work
Old 08-03-2005, 02:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

really? that fart sound really reminds me of ricers on their civics with those crazy fart sounds that is 100x worst. and i hate it when they rev their engine next to me and try to gun off.... infact happend to me yesturday. I let him go cuz my car is too new to blow that sucker off

but n e way i would appreciate another video if u have the time... thanx in advance too
Old 08-04-2005, 01:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC

well sorry i forced you to make this choice lol its awsome i love the look and the sound of it the hks sounds good i just cant stand the side ways exit of it looks to fast and furious for me lol[/quote]

haha, you didnt force me into the deciding to get the exhaust i was already gonna get it. im just waiting on more money, its hard im trying to pay off my insurance before the end of the summer so that i can have more money to modify while im at school (and have more time paying attention to my school work rather then working like crazy to pay for this car lol)
Old 08-04-2005, 01:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by raWr215
really? that fart sound really reminds me of ricers on their civics with those crazy fart sounds that is 100x worst. and i hate it when they rev their engine next to me and try to gun off.... infact happend to me yesturday. I let him go cuz my car is too new to blow that sucker off

but n e way i would appreciate another video if u have the time... thanx in advance too

i get home from work at 6 then i have to do a tie rod so around 8pmcst youll have a new video
Old 08-05-2005, 04:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok well i just finished the tie rod lol ended up taking almost 5 hours but oh well ill post a video tomorrow after work im so damn dirty and tired right now im just going to knock the ____ out
Old 08-05-2005, 04:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Um, i never done any install before, and i was just trying to get the stock exhuast off, but i cant get the bolt off, i mean i am somewhat afraid i might strip it, but i am trying to turn the right on right, the one side closer to the front. Turn it toward driver side right?

sorry haha.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by unlimited77
Um, i never done any install before, and i was just trying to get the stock exhuast off, but i cant get the bolt off, i mean i am somewhat afraid i might strip it, but i am trying to turn the right on right, the one side closer to the front. Turn it toward driver side right?

sorry haha.
Righty tighty, lefty loosey. Put some WD-40 on the bolts, let it sit for 10 min, then try it.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah keep using wd 40, soak it in very good
Old 08-06-2005, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Aight i got it installed and MAN...it sounds HELLA NICE~!!!

And the guy i bought it from is known as NVS TC i believe, and he is a great seller.

Plus he sent me two bolts two nuts and a gasket, and i read that there was alot of people with leaks, but i didnt even tighten that much but i cant feel no air leaks.
Is there another way to test for leaks or should i not worry about it?
Pics will come tommorrow i promise!>>

Quick Reply: Injen Exhaust Review