Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Injen vs. TRD vs. Precision muffler exleback exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 03:23 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ive owned all of those... they arent that fast
I support that because Ive beatin all of those. In my Mx6
Old 01-24-2005, 04:12 AM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

The Ford GT has been released yet. There is a recall on the front upper control arm failing.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mx6GT91

...only in ScionLife...
Old 01-24-2005, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

For that price get the system. Believe me that price is terrible, and the tC does have an odd location for its muffler, which isn't norm to a lot of other cars like civics, I think.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by Mx6GT91
you've beaten a ford gt (not a mustang gt) and a vette and a evo mr.... well to be fair u probably raced stock ones... i dought the gt one... whats your 1/4 mile?
Old 01-25-2005, 07:53 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

and you have owned a gt?
Old 01-26-2005, 12:45 AM
5 Year Member
Team N.V.S.

no i was being sarcastic, i just think its funny that , the guys ego thinks he can beat all those in an 89 mx6.... y is he posted on scion life bout his mx6? the fastest car ive owned was a 92 eclipse gsx awd turbo that ran a 14.8 1/4mile stock... thats it
Old 01-26-2005, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

does anybody have dyno sheets of the tc with the trd exhaust???

people are knocking axle backs before seeing dynosheets which i find funny because the same happened with the celica even if the celica is a "totally diffrent animal"
Old 01-26-2005, 12:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea but why are people knocking the axle back when the axle back is the same thing as a cat back on the tC.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by endlessracingz
yea but why are people knocking the axle back when the axle back is the same thing as a cat back on the tC.
i like axlebacks personally, endlessracingz do some research before posting man your inaccurate. We dont have a cat at the axle, its all the way in the front after the primary by the front wheels. And from the R&D done it looks like a less restrictive "cat back" should yield nice gains on the tc.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am just going by what I've been told by companies. So now I am just completely confused at to where the 2nd cat is on the car.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:08 PM

axle back systems are going to be a bolt on system. A cat back will have to be clamped or welded on after the secondary cat. Thats the difference.

Old 01-26-2005, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you where to get a full exhaust system one that does not use the 2nd cat for track use of course ;) that would bolt up right to the header?
Old 01-26-2005, 05:32 PM

A full exhaust system would mean, removing everything. The first cat is molded together with the manifold. So you would have to get a header and than build a full system. If you don't want to remove the manifold,than you could go with the precisionmuffler.com cat back.

Old 01-26-2005, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Stylis
A full exhaust system would mean, removing everything. The first cat is molded together with the manifold. So you would have to get a header and than build a full system. If you don't want to remove the manifold,than you could go with the precisionmuffler.com cat back.
I was talking about the following system from the thread titled "Exhuast"

Originally Posted by CreativeCompacts
Here is an image of our Full Exhaust Kit without High Flow Cat

This image here shows the pipe that will be installed if you don't wish to have a High Flow Cat installed

Here is an image of our Axle Back Setup. You can clearly see that our Full Kit replaces the entire exhaust instead of the exisiting and our own Axleback Kits out there.

And finally here is an image of our system installed on the test car in which it was made on...

All the above exhaust kits show the exhaust with the Magnaflow muffler.
It seems to me the full exhuast system shown here would bolt right up and not need the welding and what not. Or am I wrong?
Old 01-26-2005, 05:53 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

^^^Looks like a direct bolt in to me. ^^^

Looks like a system to try out on the track.

But then again, I'm no exhaust guru.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by acasanova
i like axlebacks personally, endlessracingz do some research before posting man your inaccurate. We dont have a cat at the axle, its all the way in the front after the primary by the front wheels. And from the R&D done it looks like a less restrictive "cat back" should yield nice gains on the tc.
yes acasanova is correct, there are actually 2 cats on the tC one that is directly mounted to the header (unfortunately) and one that is about 14 inches after that before the resignator... and axel back replaces everything from that first cat back
Old 01-27-2005, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SOILWORK_tC
Originally Posted by acasanova
yes acasanova is correct, there are actually 2 cats on the tC one that is directly mounted to the header (unfortunately) and one that is about 14 inches after that before the resignator... and axel back replaces everything from that first cat back
I knew there was one in the header but I had thought that the 2nd cat was at the axle, therefore an axle back is equivalent to the cat back. According to Injen's website for their cat-back exhaust they have in parenthesiss axleback.

So Axle back is considered everything from the headers and back? Because thats how it seems you states it SOILWORK_tC or did I miss interpret it?

As for the cat-back it is like any other cars cat back, from the cat physically under the car back.

This whole dabble has made me sound like some unitelligent car modifier when I was just confused about the Scion tC's setup. I do not own one yet and am trying to learn as much as I can about them before I purchase one. I have previously owned Eagle Talon AWD Tsi capable of running in the 13's which isn't that fast but did require modification.

Thanks for helping me clear this stuff up.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:36 PM

[It seems to me the full exhuast system shown here would bolt right up and not need the welding and what not. Or am I wrong?
nope there is still one pipe that comes down from the thermal reactor manifold. It goes underneath the motor, and than attaches to the exhaust system that you are showing. So the exhaust system you are showing is a cat back, not a complete replacement exhaust system.

Old 01-27-2005, 06:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

catback from the first cat seen under the car and not the one in the header. Alright I think I have a hold of everything.

Quick Reply: Injen vs. TRD vs. Precision muffler exleback exhaust