Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

instaled new intake today

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I love my intake
Old 02-21-2005, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got a question for everyone..where is your MAF located..
and how does the chrome 8 inch bracket and rubber bushing go on?..plmk
Old 02-21-2005, 12:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

are instructions included with the weapon r intake from creativecompacts.com , and if so, are they very helpful?

also, can you really feel a 6hp increase? or is just that the engine sounding louder, causing you to think you're accellerating faster?
Old 02-21-2005, 05:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The filters constantly being hated on are a VERY old design we once had. Yes they were thin, and had no mesh. Every single filter we sell now have a structural mesh and are a high density design. It has been this way for a few years now. For those of who are making your intake choice based on old facts, I invite you to give them a try, and I'll guarantee they aren't what these haters claim they are.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like when companies use 'haters' in their sales pitch.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i agree-the weapon r and trd exhaust sound amazing together. only thing is-i got the CEL with the new secret weapon intake. supposedly the o-ring where the maf sensor is may be small. this is supposedly because every car is slightly different, and even a little bit of a difference in how the o-ring fits can cause the CEL. i'm going to take out my o-ring tomorrow and see if i can get a little bit of a bigger one tomorrow at autozone to see if it takes care of it.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The intake isnt all that loud. You can feel a small power difference but its not going to knock your socks off. Now if you get the exaust I have with the intake....whoooo hoooo
Old 02-22-2005, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by lvnurs9
The intake isnt all that loud. You can feel a small power difference but its not going to knock your socks off. Now if you get the exaust I have with the intake....whoooo hoooo
and what exaust might that be?
Old 02-22-2005, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lets face it, intake and exhaust arent going to make our cars rocket ships.... they are nice little mods.... money is better spent elsewhere
Old 02-22-2005, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheKnown
lets face it, intake and exhaust arent going to make our cars rocket ships.... they are nice little mods.... money is better spent elsewhere
like where?...i dont have 4 grand for a turbo, and i dont think most of us have that kind of cash either. and im not into the whole body kit and spoiler thing
i agree these mods will not make my car a "rocket ship" but i dont see any thing else that can be done with out dumping loads of money under the hood...it might not be no rocket ship, but its funner then a stock car..anyone else agree?
Old 02-22-2005, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i agree, its way funner then driving a stock car and it does pull somewhat better. nothing like having a car quiet for normal driving and when you gun it it screams
Old 02-25-2005, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by yellot00tr
i agree-the weapon r and trd exhaust sound amazing together. only thing is-i got the CEL with the new secret weapon intake. supposedly the o-ring where the maf sensor is may be small. this is supposedly because every car is slightly different, and even a little bit of a difference in how the o-ring fits can cause the CEL. i'm going to take out my o-ring tomorrow and see if i can get a little bit of a bigger one tomorrow at autozone to see if it takes care of it.

What's the update with your car
Old 02-26-2005, 06:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What does the Weapon R sound like, is it like a bee sound like a Honda, or does it have a nice tone...not messing up the sound of the car.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

the CEL is gone, the car runs awesome and sounds great with the trd exhaust-people have asked me if it's really the trd exhaust, because they didn't think it sounded that good. i just added the ram air kit too, but the difference isn't that much over just having the intake. maybe a little bit better, but who knows. unless u do a dyno you'll never actually know for sure. anyway, i'd recommend the weapon r intake, it's a pretty simple install, no hydrolock worries, and it looks nice. the only other intake i was thinking about getting was the aem one, but since it may never come out, or come out in 2010, it wasn't a hard choice. wait for something that may never come out at the rate it's moving at, or the one that'll be in my car 3 days after i order it. hmmm.. tough choice
Old 02-26-2005, 08:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any of you know what would happen to my Alarm if i disconnect the battery in order to reset the ECU??
Old 02-26-2005, 12:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I am thinking about getting this intake. I had a weapon-r dragon intake on my '03 corolla and the difference it made was amazing. does anyone have any pics of theirs installed?
Old 02-26-2005, 12:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's good to hear that the CEL doesn't seem to be a problem anymore. I just ordered the WR SW intake this week. When i'm doing the install I'll take some pics and let you guys know how it goes. I plan on reseting the ECU, installing DC Sport sturt brace and switching to Mobil 1 Syn oil at the same time of the intake install.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

a dyno between a short ram and a CAI will show no to minimal change a CAI does not work on a dyno and the hood is up so the short ram has slightly cooler air.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by yellot00tr
the CEL is gone, the car runs awesome and sounds great with the trd exhaust-people have asked me if it's really the trd exhaust, because they didn't think it sounded that good. i just added the ram air kit too, but the difference isn't that much over just having the intake. maybe a little bit better, but who knows. unless u do a dyno you'll never actually know for sure. anyway, i'd recommend the weapon r intake, it's a pretty simple install, no hydrolock worries, and it looks nice. the only other intake i was thinking about getting was the aem one, but since it may never come out, or come out in 2010, it wasn't a hard choice. wait for something that may never come out at the rate it's moving at, or the one that'll be in my car 3 days after i order it. hmmm.. tough choice
I was wondering if you can take pictures of how you installed the Ram Air Kit for the SW. Also, where did you buy the Ram Air Kit.

Still thinking whether or not i should get the Ram Air Kit or wait for the Cold Air Box HmMMm
Old 02-28-2005, 12:28 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

creative compacts.com has the weapon r for 180 + shipping for one more day so hurry. i would jump on one, but ive been told by a credible source, the AEM CAI is coming out in about 2 weeks. so im being patient...

Quick Reply: instaled new intake today