Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Jet V Force Plus

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 03:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Jet V Force Plus

Anyone check this thing out yet. I think Jet has a pretty good rep, up there with hypertech, edge, superchips. This might be the first real chip for scions. This is not the typical crap you see on ebay. I has a nice display too, looks to be about all the same functions you get with a scangauge plus the power gains. These power programers usually advance the timing and tweek the A/F to give a nice gain. I had a superchip on my last car that was a Ford.

http://www.jetchip.com/V_FORCE_PLUS.asp
Old 11-10-2008, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

watching
Old 11-10-2008, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I emailed them two days ago or so. I am trying to dig for more info like whether its plug and play or you have to splice your wires. I was also asking if they have any dyno results, and if it wuld fit the 08 xb seeing as they have the same motor. I'll post up soon as someone gets back to me.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think the bigger question would be : How is this different from a Greddy eManage, or other type of advanced standalone air/fuel/timing controllers already available?

Much like a 6 speed transmission, a "chip" for a naturally aspirated scion is not something people are chomping at the bit to develop. If you absolutely insist on something that reprograms your fuel maps, you'll need to go with something universal, and something that hopefully won't be over-ridden by your OBDII emissions system.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this is not a chip, its a piggyback just like the apex s-afc. the only diff isthat this one can control the ign timing and the afr mixture and the safc can only tune afr mix.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
CinSity Scions
SL Member

why would you want to tune up ignition timing...if your car starts fine, then your ignition timing is fine...
Old 11-16-2008, 02:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mystik
why would you want to tune up ignition timing...if your car starts fine, then your ignition timing is fine...

more power can be made on top of AFR tuning if you advance ignition timing throughout the RPM band on naturally aspirated setups.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Its a piggyback system and you do have to splice wires... Honestly, we were discussing it on some of the other forums and I think on here for the xD and the more I read and research the more I realize it would just be better to go full stand-alone for anything you're doing...
Old 11-16-2008, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
CinSity Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by tuffCookie
more power can be made on top of AFR tuning if you advance ignition timing throughout the RPM band on naturally aspirated setups.
ah thanks for the clarification
Old 11-17-2008, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In the post in xd subforum on this same topic we discovered Jet also offers an ecu flash. I emailed them it is $399. Apparently they replace a chip in the ecu and flash the new chip with the maps. No one has tried it yet, and I tried asking them if this means the flash will tune in closed loop but did not get an answer. Anybody have any ideas/info on this? Could it be that Jet of all tuners found a way too crack our ecu? They offer custom tunes by request, I don't now if that actualy involves dyno time or not though.