Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Lets say the Supercharger comes out tomorrow....

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 01:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Lets say the Supercharger comes out tomorrow....

...I know a lot of us want it, but how man yof us actually have the money saved up to throw down right on the spot? My guess is still its gonna be $3500-$4500 installed...I wish I could of financed it w/ an extra $3000 or something. Oh well...Because I want it, but I dont have the cash right away, and am worried it will get on back order and I wont get it for a long time.

I get some $ back from tax's, But I kind of want to pay off my credit card, or put the $ towards my car payment instead. I'm debating on getting the K&N Typhoon, then the megan headers, then as stealthy of an exhaust as I can, then get the supercharger once I have extra $. I can piece together the i/h/e one by one...but thats gonna be close to $1000 on all those prob...

Its just upsetting, I hate $, haha. After this semester of class, I am going to be doing some side jobs since I'm not taking summer classes and try and save some $, and ebay off all my movies haha...

So the point is....whos READY to drop down $3000+ the day its IS out? Or you guys gonna prob have to wait a little to get it?

-Ryan
Old 04-29-2005, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Tuners

I know I'm not going to be able to get it when it comes out...that is if I wanted it...I poor. Donatations are welcome.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would buy it tomorrow.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i want it real bad, espec after driving my friends SC bmw. I doubt its the same, but gives me an idea. He has a 2002 325ci supercharged with a front mount intercooler too! And I dont know what kind of boost he is running, but the sound of it is so awesome. And it pulls so hard its awesome. Gives me an idea of what to possibly expect.

A tC with supercharger, i/h/e and few other upgrades would definately be pretty quick little sucker I'd imagine...but I am scared of gas mileage issues...hehe more HP would make me want to drive more agressive...

What sucks is i have a car I could sell and get $5000 ish for, but I dont want to....Its my first car I got, and my baby....

...I'm gonna clean out peoples cars, and wash/wax them for some extra $. People always like to pay for that
Old 04-29-2005, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i have the 3.5k sitting right here in my hand... and i would sure as hell be the first one at the door when the dealership opened to get my SC
Old 04-29-2005, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

4 large right here and I convinced my dealer to put me on a waiting list. TRD better make something happen quick or Im gonna have to invest in ZPI or ScionSpeed
Old 04-29-2005, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm about to refinance my ride so i'd just finance it in with that cuz I put down 7 grand buying the car so i'd break out even. 13.5 apr is too high though so refinancing. (please come out in the next month!!!!)
Old 04-29-2005, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ya i would buy it right away just sold my 96 toyata avalon for $3500, dam i cannot wait fot it tocome out
Old 04-29-2005, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i want.. but i r poor too
Old 04-29-2005, 08:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If it's between 3-3.5 k and puts done at least 40+ hp to the wheels, I would be all over it. A factory Centrifugal superchanger is going to be awesome, can't wait!! Guess we'll just have to wait and see how this how this thing plays out.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea i agree, at least 40+hp to the wheel. And how people said u can probably tweek the boost safely, that'd rule, but not sure how that works w/ the ECU being probably programmed for less...

My Scion dealer said they do not refinance, as i was going to try. He said i'd have to go thru another bank to do so...he said best bet is get a credit card w/ low rates and high enough balance and do that. Maybe I'll save some cash for it, then charge the rest...Put like $1000 down, and charge the rest.

It would rule if it came in at or less than $3000 installed. But i'm guessing wishful thinking. It IS a dealer item after all...I'm suprised its not $5000+ since a dealer item....
Old 04-29-2005, 08:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by piercedlip81
yea i agree, at least 40+hp to the wheel. And how people said u can probably tweek the boost safely, that'd rule, but not sure how that works w/ the ECU being probably programmed for less...

My Scion dealer said they do not refinance, as i was going to try. He said i'd have to go thru another bank to do so...he said best bet is get a credit card w/ low rates and high enough balance and do that. Maybe I'll save some cash for it, then charge the rest...Put like $1000 down, and charge the rest.

It would rule if it came in at or less than $3000 installed. But i'm guessing wishful thinking. It IS a dealer item after all...I'm suprised its not $5000+ since a dealer item....
I would refinance through an institution other than a credit card, only for the simple fact that you can renogotiate the length of the maturity for the loan, should you need to do so.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

it depends on the price and how much its putting out for me. If the numbers aren't so great then I wont be purchasing it. I think mainly AT should get the SC. You MT guys should go for turbos no doubt.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Those who have *any* not tax-deductible debt (aka anything besides the house) should not be thinking about the SC. If you can't pay cash for FI - you pretty much cannot afford to have it. Pay off your car, pay off your credit cards, then play ;)
Maybe (maybe) if you are not planning to mess with the SC (messing includes putting even an intake on it if the SC install manual says to not put any intakes - like with every other TRD SC) then financing it with the car might be an ok idea, but still - you total your car and you end up with a $8000 gap. FI is tempting, but you need to be able to afford it first.

P.S. I was ready to dump $3500 on the damn thing since the day I bought the tC - but now that they delayed it again I keep asking myself - wtf am I doing... It's a $3500 toy. There are better things you can do with $3500. I had TRD SC on my Matrix - paid $3000 for it installed, and when I was selling the car I got about $1000 net for the uninstalled blower - and I was lucky that nothing blew up when I was trying to squeeze couple more ponies from the SC. Can't say the fun was worth $2000+
Old 04-29-2005, 08:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zoltiz
Those who have *any* not tax-deductible debt (aka anything besides the house) should not be thinking about the SC. If you can't pay cash for FI - you pretty much cannot afford to have it. Pay off your car, pay off your credit cards, then play ;)
Maybe (maybe) if you are not planning to mess with the SC (messing includes putting even an intake on it if the SC install manual says to not put any intakes - like with every other TRD SC) then financing it with the car might be an ok idea, but still - you total your car and you end up with a $8000 gap. FI is tempting, but you need to be able to afford it first.

P.S. I was ready to dump $3500 on the damn thing since the day I bought the tC - but now that they delayed it again I keep asking myself - wtf am I doing... It's a $3500 toy. There are better things you can do with $3500. I had TRD SC on my Matrix - paid $3000 for it installed, and when I was selling the car I got about $1000 net for the uninstalled blower - and I was lucky that nothing blew up when I was trying to squeeze couple more ponies from the SC. Can't say the fun was worth $2000+
Hey Zoltiz, weren't you on www.matrixowners.com too? I think I remember you from there a while back... we're both Matrix veterans ;)
Old 04-29-2005, 08:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

I have the money, but I probably won't get a supercharger right away. It's something I might do further down the line, but I'm not sinking any significant sums of money into my car until it's completely paid off.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:58 AM
5 Year Member

I just wanted to comment on the price. For that much money you can piece together a very solid turbo kit (with standalone ems). All you really need is an exhaust manifold and a downpipe fabricated, the rest you can do by yourself.
Old 04-30-2005, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When the SC does come out....eventually.... i would expect a very long backorder time...blah
I would personally see what numbers the SC is putting out because $2500-3500 is a pretty penny to spend.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:03 AM
pkg
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I will be doing it. I think the extra zoom will make this car a competitor on the track. A good point was made, if you dont have the money right now you probably shouldn't be spending the money on a Super Charger.
Old 04-30-2005, 04:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya i have the money..and i deff want it now..but who knows when your dealing with toyota..after the aem cai is not epa approved and that will take for ever to get released also..but i deff will biy th sc 2morro wif it came out...yes sir i would..LOL

Quick Reply: Lets say the Supercharger comes out tomorrow....