Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

lock please

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default lock please

...please
Old 06-21-2005, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i purchased mine used with my header... but i hear $25 is normal

it doesn't work for me though. let me know if you have any better luck
Old 06-22-2005, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

depends if you bought it separate and how far you are.

shipping is always the culprit and they charge a different price when you buy them separate from their headers i think
Old 06-22-2005, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

$20 shipped is around sponsership cost and usually given with a purchase of their header. If you're buying them outright then it would probably cost a little bit more. $60 is a little steep though...
Old 06-23-2005, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is cheap, our 02 sim is $95 but they are guranteed to work

We have seen a lot of failure with the Alphaworks Sim they seem to be a little hit and miss?
Old 06-23-2005, 02:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not joining sides with anyone on this one, but my sim didn't work. I bought the anti-fouler mod afterwards (Note: The ZPI sim was never purchased so I haven't tried that mod. Nothing I wrote is to discredit their $95 upgrade).
Old 06-23-2005, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ZPIracing
This is cheap, our 02 sim is $95 but they are guranteed to work

We have seen a lot of failure with the Alphaworks Sim they seem to be a little hit and miss?

i agree. my alphawerks sim didn't work and the "support" i got was basically blaming my wiring .. which is correct if not better than what their diagram says. speaking of their diagram, it looks like a crayon had an epileptic fit on a piece of paper. nowhere near engineering standards or easy to read.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just had a few things to add to this:

First it took alphawerks over 2 weeks to send me my o2 sim. Had to call them up each time to find out the status was on the o2 sim rather them notifying what was going on. When I finally got the o2 sim installed, I received a CEL after about 80 miles. Reset it and checked the wiring. Later it came on at about 100 miles. I called alphawerks up to ask a few questions. I am sure everything was wired up correctly according to the diagram that they sent me. They told me to take pics and send it to them. Took several pics and sent it right away.

I was told that they would refer me to their r&d guy. Waited a few days and was sent an email with their diagram. Made sure everything was wired properly and emailed them back making sure that one light is lit on the module and the other was dim. Next day they confirmed that was correct. I emailed them again asking how would could I be sure the module is defective. Two days later they sent an email asking why I would think it was defective and if I was throwing a CEL. I was kind of confused because the whole reason I was referred to him was because I was throwing a CEL.

Next day they email me asking if I called alphawerks to verify that I installed it correctly. I told him yes and he said he would send me pics of the o2 sim installed correctly. I called the next day and they went over the wiring with me. I am sure everything was wired correctly. They said it was probably a simple mistake that I missed and they would call me back in a few hours. No call that day but I understand because I know they are busy. So I wait a few days and call back. The guy I was talking to wasn't there but they said they would be sure he would call me back that same afternoon.

So in conclusion...Never one call back, no reply email with pics, no fix. During the time I was waiting I rechecked and rechecked the wiring. Went to advance auto to make sure it was the o2 sensor throwing the code. Also soldered the wires for a better connection. Several guys on this board are also have the same problem and have been told it was probably a wiring problem. I have been pretty chill about the whole situation but it sucks that alphawerks has not yet acknowledged the problem and fixed it. The reason why I went with the alphawerks header and o2 sim because it claimed the most gains with NO CEL. I have supported them the whole way and given them the benefit of the doubt. After this whole situation I do not think I will buy from them again. I have long sold my header and will be going turbo soon. *end rant