Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Looking for a TURBO KIT for your Scion?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

taco your a funny dude
Old 01-27-2005, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Guys I promise once I get my exhasut system hooked up I WILL DYNO my car but till then I dont want to do it because I will have to pay and besides the shop that is doing my ride will end up dynoing the car anyway. Hmmm is Dynoing a word? Sounds kinda flimsy!
Old 01-27-2005, 06:58 PM
5 Year Member

Old 01-28-2005, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Honestly.....

Originally Posted by taquito
Originally Posted by kutsuju_dj
so what exactly are the hp gains for the turbo in this topic??? and were any intternals changed out or performance cluth added.......... kinda hard to take it serious withouot a legitiment dyno and pics of the set up.... not to call out b.s. but this is a brand new car, its not a civic so im pretty interested to see what your offering here...
I dont have a kit im so full of it and I led you on I am just full of BS and lies so just forget about me ever saying I had one. Just wait for more shops and companys to come out with their own and ask them about the gains and what not or go get ripped off by tc tunerz.
refer to your first post and read it back to yourself and realize how stupid it sounds..... its like me going to my car club and saying "hey look at my turbo... but dont ask me about a dyno or my 1/4 time difference or if its even hooked up yet cuz i need to break in my car... its like a worthless post...... I dont want to purchase a turbo for the FMIC on the car just to look cool and say im boostin..... I and im sure others will purchase something with proven results..... Cuz what if when you dyno your turbo you put on lets say and extra 35-45 hp..... in my opinon thats not worth it.. and now you have a turbo that voided your warranty where you could of purchased the b.s. supercharger scion is coming out with and had the same results.... pretty much if im risking my warranty by boostin... i need facts and legit numbers from a legit place like lets say Jotech..... not just any lil shop trying to make bank off a brand new car..... coming out and saying call this guy for a turbo dont cut it for me and probably 95% of the people that read this post...... a turbo is and investment and a risk... not just a "cool accessory"
Old 01-28-2005, 01:13 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

refer to your first post and read it back to yourself and realize how stupid it sounds..... its like me going to my car club and saying "hey look at my turbo... but dont ask me about a dyno or my 1/4 time difference or if its even hooked up yet cuz i need to break in my car... its like a worthless post...... I dont want to purchase a turbo for the FMIC on the car just to look cool and say im boostin..... I and im sure others will purchase something with proven results..... Cuz what if when you dyno your turbo you put on lets say and extra 35-45 hp..... in my opinon thats not worth it.. and now you have a turbo that voided your warranty where you could of purchased the b.s. supercharger scion is coming out with and had the same results.... pretty much if im risking my warranty by boostin... i need facts and legit numbers from a legit place like lets say Jotech..... not just any lil shop trying to make bank off a brand new car..... coming out and saying call this guy for a turbo dont cut it for me and probably 95% of the people that read this post...... a turbo is and investment and a risk... not just a "cool accessory"
exactly what this post is ..... all ive read is no dyno.... no numbers.... and im going to win a car show with my blow off valve.
Old 01-28-2005, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

LMAO at the haters like you would turn down a free turbo kit. I dont really give a crap what you think I got hooked up and thats final. I know if I wanted to I could boost high and have great output but I didnt really want it for racing im past that I just need a daily driver and with the turbo its sweet. I used to have a Twin Turbo Z and I traded it in for the car when I was offered the turbo kit as a sponsorship I took it because I missed the extra power. Anyways you guys keep drooling about getting some real gains I will chill here on my end enjoying my turbo and laughing at the haters. Pe@ce! im out of this thread.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

a turbo is and investment and a risk... not just a "cool accessory"

unfortunately some people do get turbos for accessories.. how many ppl with hondas have turbos and you ask em whyd you go turbo they say.. i like the blow off valve.. it sounds cool... ive seen taquitos car... ITS FAST so chill.. dont get all butt hurt cuz he didnt put it on the dyno yet.. for him its a waste to do it now without his exhaust.. and who cares if he decides to post up about it and not put dyno charts or what not... sometimes we all get excited and want to post what we got but dont get around to posting other facts.. lay off guys.. they will be here in time
Old 01-29-2005, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hahaha...... sounds like a lil kid who dont know anything about cars but just wants to fit in.......... im gonna laugh when you do turn your boost up and have your engine blow cuz you nor did your "sponsor" tune your car right.....
Old 01-29-2005, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

... so everyone that is gonna turbo their tc wants to fit in? fit in to what? there is like 4 turbo tcs that are known.. hes different dude.. why do you seem to have a problem about it?
Old 01-29-2005, 02:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what im sayin is coming on here trying to get business for a friend that hooked him up with a turbo with no dyno, no numbers is just stupid....... i wont let anybody put anything on my tc unless i know its legit... and the way he talks dont sound legit to me, specially since it takes a couple of dynos and alot of tuning to get the perfect setting on this car....... good for him that he got a turbo on his tc for free.... but id rather have a flawless set up with test and numbers, then just something somebody just whipped up for free......
Old 02-02-2005, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Sad, sad person. Yes, I will turn down a free turbo kit if it will void warranty on a $20K car. Your buddy got a great deal - a guinea pig for the cost of parts. Your engine blows - oh well, it was a free kit ;)

Go on, win your shows. Might have to tow the damn "show car"... LOL
Old 02-03-2005, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by eeyoredragon
Originally Posted by papi4baby
hahaha so how old are you again?
That's what I'm wondering :? I just got a flashback of that radio interview... with the IROC camaro guy. "Is it sweet?"

Anyway, yah, dyno and specs would be nice. Otherwise, there's not much information being passed here. I'll check out those pics though
I second that a dyno would be nice.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:33 PM
Banned
SL Member

Any pictures?
Old 02-07-2005, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Default Actually yea I posted some a while back!

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44226
Old 11-02-2005, 04:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

OMG this POST is old school HAHAHAHA this was shortly after I had gotten my turbo! I guess this makes me one of the first to have a turbo =P