Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Loudest exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 12:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by scholarbb
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Aluminum flywheel supposedly adds a lot of power too. Never used one yet. Should ship tomorrow. Only thing is install can get expensive.

Not trying to be a poop, but flywheels don't add power. Due to being lighter, it's less rotating mass, which in turn allows the engine to "deliver" better power.
So are you saying that you don't consider it a power mod? To me anything that adds power is a power mod. Certainly not a bling mod unless you leave your tranny out so people can see it.

Yeah, but in a sense that say, your Max Bench pressing 100lbs. And it takes you 5min to do 10 reps at 100lbs. Then you drop the weight to 50lbs, and now you can do 10 reps in 60 secs. That dosen't change the fact that you can only still bench at most 100lbs.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

PS....I now think we Officially have the LOUDEST! exhaust on these boards...

FIRST EVER ZPI full Cat-Back/S-Pipe Back Exhaust, Matched to a Blitz Nur Spec muffler.

This thing is Super loud! I would go as far to say that it's probably louder than some of you guys that are running a header w/exhaust.

We are stock header, ZPI Stainless S-pipe (2.5), ZPI Full exhaust (2.5), Blitz Nur Spec muffler.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Aluminum flywheel supposedly adds a lot of power too. Never used one yet. Should ship tomorrow. Only thing is install can get expensive.

Not trying to be a poop, but flywheels don't add power. Due to being lighter, it's less rotating mass, which in turn allows the engine to "deliver" better power.
So are you saying that you don't consider it a power mod? To me anything that adds power is a power mod. Certainly not a bling mod unless you leave your tranny out so people can see it.

Yeah, but in a sense that say, your Max Bench pressing 100lbs. And it takes you 5min to do 10 reps at 100lbs. Then you drop the weight to 50lbs, and now you can do 10 reps in 60 secs. That dosen't change the fact that you can only still bench at most 100lbs.
Your example would be more like lightening the car than lightenening the drivetrain.

All the components of the engine serve a purpose. The intake for example does not directly add power its job is to bring in cool clean air. If you remove it entirely then you will make more power than you would with it in place. Right until you start taking dirt into your cylinders and scar the cylinder walls. Mufflers do not directly add power to the motor either they cancel noise and add restriction. Last time I checked NHRA top fuel dragsters(the 300+mph in the 1/4 ones) were not using mufflers either. So in answer to your argument YES the flywheel is a power adder just as much if not more than i/h/e.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

FIRST EVER ZPI full Cat-Back/S-Pipe Back Exhaust, Matched to a Blitz Nur Spec muffler.

This thing is Super loud! I would go as far to say that it's probably louder than some of you guys that are running a header w/exhaust.

We are stock header, ZPI Stainless S-pipe (2.5), ZPI Full exhaust (2.5), Blitz Nur Spec muffler.
i wont consider it first.

but is your deep too ? i dont consider mine raspy rice rocket more like a real super rocket. the magnaflow muffler they provide is huge.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tikbhoy

i wont consider it first.

but is your deep too ? i dont consider mine raspy rice rocket more like a real super rocket. the magnaflow muffler they provide is huge.
The Blitz is bigger..
Old 03-05-2006, 05:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Your example would be more like lightening the car than lightenening the drivetrain.

All the components of the engine serve a purpose. The intake for example does not directly add power its job is to bring in cool clean air. If you remove it entirely then you will make more power than you would with it in place. Right until you start taking dirt into your cylinders and scar the cylinder walls. Mufflers do not directly add power to the motor either they cancel noise and add restriction. Last time I checked NHRA top fuel dragsters(the 300+mph in the 1/4 ones) were not using mufflers either. So in answer to your argument YES the flywheel is a power adder just as much if not more than i/h/e.
The example I gave was just to give an understanding of why it's not a power adder, it's a power releaser. It wasn't to be taking literally bro. Just trying to give an understanding. It belongs in the power mods section Yes....But not in the same category you would find an exhaust sytem, intake, header....etc.. It's a different aspect of gaining power, but not in a sense that it's considered to add power. And I would have to disagree with you on removing the intake or exhaust for example. You would not gain MORE HP by removing the exhaust entirely, or running no air box at all. The Injen Intake for example yeilds more HP than you would just running no intake at all. Same with exhaust. Unbolt the axle back, and you see 4-5hp. Run new piping to the S-pipe back, and you see 8+. They ADD power, not just simply release it like a flywheel does.

If you don't agree, then just simple agree to disagree. I don't want to get into a back and forth over this....I'm sorta tired today...
Old 03-05-2006, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats the best explaination so far.barney style good job
Old 03-06-2006, 12:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if u wanna make it loud and annoying add a whistler to the end of the muffler, everyone will wann kill you. im gonna order the hks axle back in 10 min and get it here by thurs, hopefuly clips on sat
Old 03-06-2006, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The example I gave was just to give an understanding of why it's not a power adder, it's a power releaser. It wasn't to be taking literally bro. Just trying to give an understanding. It belongs in the power mods section Yes....But not in the same category you would find an exhaust sytem, intake, header....etc.. It's a different aspect of gaining power, but not in a sense that it's considered to add power. And I would have to disagree with you on removing the intake or exhaust for example. You would not gain MORE HP by removing the exhaust entirely, or running no air box at all. The Injen Intake for example yeilds more HP than you would just running no intake at all. Same with exhaust. Unbolt the axle back, and you see 4-5hp. Run new piping to the S-pipe back, and you see 8+. They ADD power, not just simply release it like a flywheel does.

If you don't agree, then just simple agree to disagree. I don't want to get into a back and forth over this....I'm sorta tired today...
AIGHT! We're on the same page just articulating a little differently. You now you're stuff-thought you were just being contrary. Injen better than no intake because now engine is drawing cooler air blah blah blah...
Old 03-07-2006, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Heeeheee...Anyhow, here is our setup. I don't think I have heard anything louder, or as loud as our setup.

For comparisons sake, this is what the first setup looked and sounded like. Notice in the vid how funktified the cocking of the exhaust is. Sounds a tad bit better the first time, but not as powerful as the second setup.

First Setup specs:

2.5 crushed bent pipe (shrunk to 2.0 at every bend)
Stock Header
Stock S-pipe
Piping stops at the 2nd Cat Converter
No resonator

Click here to watch Blitz-Cat-Back-Exhaust

Now, the new setup is a ZPI/Blitz combonation. Not all funktified, a perfect JDM lean. Louder, and a bit more raspy. When the turbo goes in, I will take another vid to see how the sound changes after the turbo. It should smooth out the sound some. If not, then I will add a small resonator.

New Setup Specs:

ZPI 2.5" Stainless S-Pipe
ZPI 2.5" Cat/S-pipe back exhaust
Blitz Nur Spec Muffler
No 2nd Cat
No resonator

Click here to watch ZPIBlitz-Combo

Took this second vid for fun..

Click here to watch Sound-Variance

My hats goes off to Kenny@ZPI, as he made this possible with his welding and fabrication skills.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

here vid of my hks

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U-nGbkFntjM
Old 03-09-2006, 10:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by aacordon

Cool tone, but the thread is entitled "Loudest Exhaust"...
Old 03-09-2006, 11:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ZPIracing
Any full system with an S-pipe and a header will be very loud. All of the axle back systems are going to be quieter than a full system. The real noise is found in removing the header.
I have stock exhaust with the catless megan header and it doesn't sound much different than stock.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:12 AM
5 Year Member

are there any exhausts that have a muscle car sound to it? a deep sound, instead of a civic ricer sound
Old 03-10-2006, 01:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

^^ u want a muscle sound?
Old 03-11-2006, 06:02 AM
5 Year Member

not so much as a muscle car, just a deep sound, or like a 350 z
Old 02-23-2007, 08:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by wushutc
lol thanks for the feedback fellaz, i appreciate the help. Yea I guess you can only go so loud if you wanna stay street legal and not flip up the air lol. Is the HKS exhaust loud or louder than the Megan??
Good Question. I too,would like to know which of these is louder?? I can't decide which one to get?? Which one is louder??
Old 02-23-2007, 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

you decide

Megan...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=o3zoCMNBHik

HKS...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=l_HUJ12r-oQ

IMO, HKS sounds better and alot of people on here will vote for them.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Yanki01
you decide

Megan...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=o3zoCMNBHik

HKS...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=l_HUJ12r-oQ

IMO, HKS sounds better and alot of people on here will vote for them.
wut do think is louder?? deeper?
Old 02-23-2007, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

deeper, HKS. Louder isnt always the best. Im guessing you just want to be heard?

Quick Reply: Loudest exhaust