Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

manual .

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

haha
thanks for everyones input. im just worried about being on a hill with a car right on my ___. even worse hitting them hahha
i guess those are the risks you have to take hah ~!!
Old 05-23-2007, 05:43 PM
Banned
SL Member

Default Re: manual .

Originally Posted by denny2217
They said i wont be able to talk on the phone or ne thing else because i will be ____ing.
you said "____ing"
Old 05-23-2007, 06:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha
thanks for everyones input. im just worried about being on a hill with a car right on my butt. even worse hitting them hahha

How many hills do you drive on? especially ones you'll be stopping on? anyways, i understand your dilemma. its one of the toughest things about driving a stick! couple of ways around it. once you're good at it, you'll be quick with the clutch and hardly move backwards at all when stopped on a hill. but until that day, use your ebrake in conjunction with the clutch. thats how i taught my little sis! works for her... hold the ebrake up so you can keep your foot off the brake and on the clutch then when its time to go, slowly let the ebrake down as you're letting out the clutch...
Old 05-23-2007, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

There are a good amount of hills where i live, with my luck with the ebrake i will end up burning out hahah. thanks again guys
Old 05-23-2007, 06:35 PM
mcd
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by asthmatic
^please explain
if i had kids egging my tc i'd curb them american history x style. you have to stand up for yourself or they'll continue to pick on you.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Oh i have, these are just low lives who dont care about other peoples properity and because they know my car is my pride and joy. I used to be friends with all of them until they turned their back on me.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mcd
Originally Posted by asthmatic
^please explain
if i had kids egging my tc i'd curb them american history x style. you have to stand up for yourself or they'll continue to pick on you.
Ya, but he could have made enemies with them or something, so it might not be just people picking on someone. We don't know.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i would personally consult the local authorities... maybe get video of them defacing your property if you can, then head on down to the police station and file a report. if there are any damages to your property you can demand from them and if not them, their parents, monetary reparations to fix any and all damages caused by them. pressing charges should help persuade them to cease and desist...

you can even work in that you've gone as far as buying a new car to get away from this harassment!
Old 05-23-2007, 06:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

it was always done when parked at somones house or where no cameras around i have already thought of that and there is know real evidence then i just know ppl word gets out and people tell me. we have though about that already. hahah im going to get a new car probably manual and tint the windows and go on my way hha.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just post up a hidden video camera whenever you go to a friends house...
Old 05-23-2007, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha
thanks for everyones input. im just worried about being on a hill with a car right on my butt. even worse hitting them hahha

you act like the tC is torqueless!
Old 05-23-2007, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

I have driven manual since i was 16 and i had an auto for 2 years from when i was 23-25 and i craved to have the manual tranny back. I wouldn't exchange it for an auto any day!!
Old 05-23-2007, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Thrilled I got a manual. I would be killing myself about now if I got an automatic. I see tons of people trying to do a tranny swap from an automatic to a manual. Never the other way around!
Old 05-24-2007, 12:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They said i wont be able to talk on the phone or ne thing else because i will be ____ing.
Your parents said that?!?! Wow, that’s some excellent parental advice…. my parents told me that if they ever caught me doing anything but driving, while driving, that they were gonna slap me upside the head, take away my license (when I was a minor) and drop me from their insurance (which I paid myself, but got better rates when grouped on their plan). Please, if you must do all these things while commuting, take public transportation or catch a ride with someone.

Back to your question… Get a manual. In my opinion, they are more fun to drive, and they give you better control of the vehicle. It may also make you a better driver. Due to the “inconvenience” of doing all those other things while having to shift, you just may stop doing them altogether.

As for driving on snow and ice, I prefer driving a manual. I find it easier to control your acceleration and be able to feel when you’re about to lose traction. I also like being able to use the engine/transmission to decelerate instead of relying on the brakes. I know that they are “anti-lock”, but they don’t activate until you actually start slipping.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats funny, the last time I drove a stick was back in 2000. My dad let me practice with his van for a week, but got sick of driving while someones yelling at you your doing the wrong thing. lol. Just a month ago I bought an 06 TC rs2.0, stick. Yeah, my engine turned off on me on hills, especially on exits but after a week driving alone (without someone yelling at me) I got the hang of it. Stick is more efficient in gas too. I think theres nothing wrong driving a stick if you eventually get the hang of it. DONT GET SCARED OR EMBARASSED IF PEOPLE ARE HONKING AT YOU WHEN YOUR ENGINE SUDDENLY SHUTS OFF. WHATS IMPORTANT IS YOUR LEARNING!
Old 05-24-2007, 12:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can **** and talk on the phone at the same time.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

OK OK my bad!!! hahaha
Old 05-24-2007, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bottom line, get a manual! whatever car you choose *cough* *cough* scion! *cough* (just not another bcp!)
Old 05-24-2007, 04:21 AM

Why do those people hate you so much? I know it's off topic but I would be interested to hear the back story of why these people follow you around and damage your car. Are they like dumb football players or something? or maybe a bunch of emos? I would seriously beat the crap out of them. I wouldn't mind someone comming up to me and punching me in a face if they don't like me. That would be fair, but damaging my property while I am not around like a bunch of cowards, that would get my blood boiling.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:58 AM

i don't quite get the whole point of getting a whole new car. unless you just let those eggs bake on your... even then... why? some people...

Quick Reply: manual .