Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

MEGAN DRIFT cat back !!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 01:06 AM
5 Year Member

Default MEGAN DRIFT cat back !!!

Hey there guys I have a 2007 scion tc and I am going to buy the Megan racing Drift spec cat back exhaust. I was wondering how does it perform to those people that have it ? I am going to install a Injen Cold Air Intake. Would i notice the difference between megan racing and alphawerks header ? I was also planning on running the Megan Racing s pipe. would this combination be raspy ? cause every were that I have looked people say that the megan racing dont sound so great with header so any imputs would be highly apreciated. thanx guys.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I don't think any catback sounds good with headers, the headers just cause a lot of rasp. If you want to get rid of the rasp you'll probably have to get cats and resonators. Anyway, I love my megan but I don't have an spipe or headers.

my megan:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=o3zoCMNBHik
Old 11-10-2006, 04:41 AM
5 Year Member

mmmm i thinck in that case i might go custom i dont know. i heard the megan was kinda of a pain to install how was it on youres ? ? ?
Old 11-10-2006, 04:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

did this exhaust just come out??
Old 11-10-2006, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Sounds awsome! can't wait to get mine on...
Old 11-10-2006, 05:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

drift spec has been out for a LOOOONG time. and my install was very easy....most exhausts are. just a couple bolts and that's it.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:21 AM
Banned
SL Member

the exhaust sounds amazing without headers. but if you get them, expect rasp. and lots of it. i have it, and i love it. im gonna install my intake next weekend, but dont plan on getting headers any time soon....
Old 11-10-2006, 05:52 AM
5 Year Member

yea im planning on headers and and intake right after the catback if not at the same time and rasp is not something i want. grosses me out. does anyone else know of any catbacks that sound good with header ? and intake ? thanx guys.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:54 AM
Banned
SL Member

you are gonna get ALOT of rasp with any I/H/E combo. especially cat back exhaust. what you might think of doing is going with an axle back, and going from there. less rasp....
Old 11-10-2006, 05:57 AM
5 Year Member

thats weird im thincking now of getting the exhaust done at kaizen speed ( www.kaizenspeed.com ) those guys are pretty smart and have some nice tig welding skills. they build a lot of boosted cars and there exhausts are nice. they will probably run me $ 600 though but it will sound good and not be raspy what do you thinck ?
Old 11-10-2006, 06:11 AM
Banned
SL Member

you never know, you might get lucky and not have the rasp. but 600 is alot just to get an exhaust welded on you know. for that, im pretty sure you can find an I/H/E on here, and still find someone to install them for cheap for you. dont rush into things though, do some research before jumping into something. it will seriously save you money in the long run.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:21 AM
5 Year Member

I can install everything my self im skilled in that area its just that im getting a nice size check and this is top priority. I want the most for my money. I want something that sounds good. im also thincking of the alphawerks throttle body, apexi afc and grounding kit once im done and then pretty much just wait for the supercharger
Old 11-10-2006, 06:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

grounding kit is just bling, won't do you any good but if you want to pretty up your engine bay go for it. honestly, it would probably be better to install your own headers/spipe/catback exhaust and then if it rasps to bring it to a local shop to have them weld on a big resonator onto the midpipe for cheap, wouldn't cost too much. it's good that you're willing to install everything yourself, you'll learn a lot and save a ton of money!
Old 11-10-2006, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

j tuned.. no MATTER what, you are going to get rasp with ANY I/H/E combo.. no matter what kind of "quality" is in the product. having an I/H/E combo increases air flow, causing the rasp.. a problem for most 4cyl cars. just get a 30" resonator welded on your midpipe then you'll be good. if you dont want rasp, don't get a header.. get boosted.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:42 PM
5 Year Member

yea ill probably just do that get the resenator welded to it how much do they run ? anyone know ? i used to work at a muffler shop but we never did any custom work on imports it was mostly stock replacement or custom jobs on trucks and muscle cars. Thats why i was asking.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:39 AM
5 Year Member
Marvelous Scions
SL Member

if you want a a Full Cat back with no Rasp get the ARK N2 exhaust sounds great it's a really deep sounds you'll luv it trust me i should know i have it. there's a GB going on down for the N2 and DTs check it out
Old 11-11-2006, 03:36 AM
5 Year Member

sweet i was thincking about running the mmw header and then will i need a cat ? or what how does that work i know its not a full cat back cause it doesnt bolt in does it use the stock cat ? i know it has to be clamped on from what they told me on the phone witch is no problem. but do you get rid of the stock cat and then clamp on in place of it or cut off after the cat ? what does youre full system consists of ? do you have header ? thanx
Old 11-11-2006, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

If you get the megan drift spec all you have to do is bolts, there's no cutting or anything involved, you unbolt the stock midpipe and axleback and bolt new ones on and that's it.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:55 AM
5 Year Member

true all this is giving me a headache i just want my car to sound good and get good power with out the damn rasp. im thincking about all three options and i dont know weather to try the megan racing and see how it sounds and if it is too raspy take it to the muffler shop for a resenator or just get the ark one customized with a high flow cat. decisions decisions decisions. . . .
Old 11-11-2006, 04:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

If you don't want rasp, just don't get headers.

Quick Reply: MEGAN DRIFT cat back !!!