Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

MEGAN DRIFT cat back !!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 08:37 AM
5 Year Member
Marvelous Scions
SL Member

alright heres my Set up From header to Exhaust MMW header, MMW S-pipe, stock Cat, ARK mid-pipe and then the N2 exhaust. they cut your OEM mid-pipe after the cat and then they clamp on the mid-pipe and the rest is bolt on. i have to tell you this exhaust sounds Great No Rasp sounds deep and mean lol.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:52 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by samichmansTc
if you want a a Full Cat back with no Rasp get the ARK N2 exhaust sounds great it's a really deep sounds you'll luv it trust me i should know i have it. there's a GB going on down for the N2 and DTs check it out
It is great system. I had this system for long time (2days). you feel sound and gains immediately and quality and packing is awsome. For people who say they don't want to spend that much...just think of it this way: this is not a simple tubing and your done. ask most people who've bought really cheap exhaust systems. doesn't have to be Tc...they are all really unhappy with the sound and installation.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:02 AM
5 Year Member
Marvelous Scions
SL Member

dude why did just 2 days? dude i noticed the gains immediately, and the sound was OMG great. if people want to be cheap then thats all on them but like everyone says you get what you paid for, and with this N2 i paid for it but i hey that's me i only go with the best cause later on down the line i don't want to have to worry about it.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:36 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by samichmansTc
dude why did just 2 days? dude i noticed the gains immediately, and the sound was OMG great. if people want to be cheap then thats all on them but like everyone says you get what you paid for, and with this N2 i paid for it but i hey that's me i only go with the best cause later on down the line i don't want to have to worry about it.
X2
Old 11-21-2006, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member

I bought the megan racing header, megan s pipe , and megan drift spec cat back if it is too raspy ill just take it in and get a high flow cat on it since they dont come with one. witch will take care of the rasp.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:20 AM
5 Year Member

raspy comes from s pipe and muffler. cheap $$
Old 11-22-2006, 06:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow megan everything. they treated me nicely I'm sure you will like them. never had headers though, so I can say anythingin that department
Old 11-24-2006, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

With the header & s-pipe it's very raspy in before it warms up.. Once it warms up it sounds great at idle and high RPMs., in the midrange RPMs it does get a little raspy.

The power gain is definately noticable though.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

J TUNED omg plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz show me a video of the sound once you get it all installed, because i have the megan drift spec, which sounds amazing!, but i want to get the s-pipe and have headers, so please let me know how it goes and if you can put the video up a.s.a.p!
Old 12-05-2006, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member

hey guys I ordered the complete megan system from hopupracing simply because of the free shiping and i heard it was good quality. After waiting around for a month for my package( due to UPS error sending my package to burbank california instead of Burbank Washington ) me and my brother installed the megan race header, and megan axle back since that was all we had time for. today I am going to install the s pipe, midsections and see what it sounds like. right now with the header and the drift spec axle back sounds soo deep and loud i love it. so i hope it sounds some what the same with the s pipe and mid section. also did anyone get the check engine light ? after the install ? if so how do you get rid of it ?
Old 12-05-2006, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

noooooooooo u got the axleback??? sigh i got the megan drift spec, now i will never kno if its gonna sound good
Old 12-06-2006, 08:15 AM
5 Year Member

he said he bought the catback but only had time to install the axel back.

Post a vid of it when its all installed J tuned!
Old 12-07-2006, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member

No i ordered everything megan racing drift from the header back and now i have the header, s- pipe and axle back installed and the mid section will be done this weekend. i havnt had time to install everything since im a senior in school and working full time so i thinck this sunday im off and ill get a video if you have this system you will love it i have not notcied rasp at all but it could change
Old 12-07-2006, 06:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i've just only the s-pipe and drift spec, and complete coilovers from megan racing. my impression on it? its pretty pretty nice.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

only got* typo
Old 12-07-2006, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

very nice, soon i will be getting the megan s-pipe for my drift spec, than my friend is giving me his mmw header, i wanna see how that goes. if its too raspy, n e one got suggestions on wat to use?
Old 12-07-2006, 10:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Megan racing is a very good company. I may order an exhaust from them
Old 12-11-2006, 05:13 PM
5 Year Member

just install a high flow cat on it if it ever gets too raspy or a resanator. both will settle down the rasps. thats y i thinck mine is still rasp free becase of the stock mid section i raced and beat an rsx type s this weekend and he liked the sound of my exhaust.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by J_TUNED
just install a high flow cat on it if it ever gets too raspy or a resanator. both will settle down the rasps. thats y i thinck mine is still rasp free becase of the stock mid section i raced and beat an rsx type s this weekend and he liked the sound of my exhaust.
whoa! from 0-30mph. but top speed. not so much.

rasp free. i dont think midpipe would do anything. you'll be alright.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member

its deleting the cat with the two peace mid so it will change the sound somewhat weather it makes it more raspy i dont know my bro has a neon with a 2.4 dohc in it with straight through exhaust and custom header. he has no cats and that car is loud and raspy ___ hell. I used to work at melody mufflers here in town and we used to get some cars that had some raspy exhausts cause it was more straight through and no cats or resenators.

Quick Reply: MEGAN DRIFT cat back !!!