Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

megan drift spec catback exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default megan drift spec catback exhaust

hey iv looked around and decided to go with the megan drift spec exhaust but i was wondering if anybody has good cheap sites where i can get buy it from..any help will be greatful
Old 10-05-2007, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: megan drift spec catback exhaust

Originally Posted by svencarlson07
hey iv looked around and decided to go with the megan drift spec exhaust but i was wondering if anybody has good cheap sites where i can get buy it from..any help will be greatful
Wow. You really shopped around, huh? You shopped around and settled on getting the exhaust that every other high school kid on these forums has? I would grateful if everyone would stop buying that fugly piece of sh*t exhaust. As far as I'm concerned, that is absolutely the least attractive exhaust on the market...for ANY car. It's way too loud, sounds terrible, and the looks do not fit the tC at all. But if you've decided that's the one you want for sure (and I wouldn't be surprised if you did), then don't worry about where you buy it, because no matter how much you pay, it's going to be way too much.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:37 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by nig_nig_the_conqueror
Wow. You really shopped around, huh? You shopped around and settled on getting the exhaust that every other high school kid on these forums has? I would grateful if everyone would stop buying that fugly piece of sh*t exhaust. As far as I'm concerned, that is absolutely the least attractive exhaust on the market...for ANY car. It's way too loud, sounds terrible, and the looks do not fit the tC at all. But if you've decided that's the one you want for sure (and I wouldn't be surprised if you did), then don't worry about where you buy it, because no matter how much you pay, it's going to be way too much.
from my POV, as a person who owns the exhaust, I think it's personally a good exhaust. It has the "WRXish" sound. I will admit, it is kinda loud at WOT, but if you are cruisin, it's sounds really nice. The thing I must say too is that, the Agency Power exhaust looks similar, and same with the HKS. The only difference is that they have the burnt tips (titanium tips?). But overall, I think it's an above average exhaust. I think many people who have it will agree.

to the OP, check out wesellcarparts.com. His SN is the same, and you can find him in the sponsored sales.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i know this is sort of off-topic but what's the point of having a drift spec exhaust for an FF?
Old 10-09-2007, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

+1

EXACTLY.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow. You really shopped around, huh? You shopped around and settled on getting the exhaust that every other high school kid on these forums has? I would grateful if everyone would stop buying that fugly piece of sh*t exhaust. As far as I'm concerned, that is absolutely the least attractive exhaust on the market...for ANY car. It's way too loud, sounds terrible, and the looks do not fit the tC at all. But if you've decided that's the one you want for sure (and I wouldn't be surprised if you did), then don't worry about where you buy it, because no matter how much you pay, it's going to be way too much.[/quote]

i didnt ask for ur thought on the exhaust i asked if you knew of a good website for it..so if u dont like it then stfu
Old 10-09-2007, 02:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i wasn't giving a opinion, i was asking a question
Old 10-09-2007, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i didnt ask for ur thought on the exhaust i asked if you knew of a good website for it..so if u dont like it then stfu
Yes...and as I explained there is no "good website" for the megan drift spec because it sucks.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:35 PM

so while everyone is bein a dick i will answer his question...hopupracing.com has the cheapest i have seen at about $335...free shippin delivers quick...thats where i get all my stuff from...and if you find it cheaper somewhere else they will try and match it...
Old 10-09-2007, 10:55 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by insanezane
so while everyone is bein a dick i will answer his question...hopupracing.com has the cheapest i have seen at about $335...free shippin delivers quick...thats where i get all my stuff from...and if you find it cheaper somewhere else they will try and match it...
i dont think i was being a "dick"... i answered the question. i told him to PM wesellcarparts... he has very good prices on Megan stuff also....
Old 10-09-2007, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

http://www.wesellcarparts.com/store/...idproduct=2531
Old 10-10-2007, 06:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nope
Old 10-11-2007, 12:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have the exhaust and i think its perfectly fine i get compliments on it all the time from all sorts of people
Old 10-11-2007, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey i have the drift spec on my 07 tC... it sounds great and i believe it gave me increase performance... however... i have to get a refund because (cyrus) at megan racing said that they are having a lot of problems with just the 07 model so they are re drawing the plans... but i would say get it if you have a different year and i bought mine from showstoppersUSA.com for $315 free shipping service isnt the best but they're cheap and as for the guy that felt that he HAD to come into your post to tell you that he doesnt like the drift spec... all i can say is dont speak... have some manors man... honestly he asked for help not a lecture on why you dont like the exhaust point being he loves the angle exhaust and its HIS car and HIS money
Old 10-11-2007, 11:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like tanabe, but i respect your opinion, http://www.wesellcarparts.com/store/...idproduct=2531 , shipping is free
Old 10-12-2007, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2007_wichitaSCION
...and as for the guy that felt that he HAD to come into your post to tell you that he doesnt like the drift spec... all i can say is dont speak... have some manors man... honestly he asked for help not a lecture on why you dont like the exhaust point being he loves the angle exhaust and its HIS car and HIS money
I don't give a **** what he likes. He's wrong. I was trying to do him a favor and let him know what a ricer he's going to look like if he buys the drift spec. How's that for manners?

Rule of Life #5787456: The Megan Drift-spec catback SUCKS. Too bad for you. Don't kill the messenger, I'm not the one who wasted your money.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2007_wichitaSCION
...and as for the guy that felt that he HAD to come into your post to tell you that he doesnt like the drift spec... all i can say is dont speak... have some manors man... honestly he asked for help not a lecture on why you dont like the exhaust point being he loves the angle exhaust and its HIS car and HIS money
I don't give a **** what he likes. He's wrong. I was trying to do him a favor and let him know what a ricer he's going to look like if he buys the drift spec. How's that for manners?

Rule of Life #5787456: The Megan Drift-spec catback SUCKS. Too bad for you. Don't kill the messenger, I'm not the one who wasted your money.
How about you let the kid get what he wants and not give him so much trouble? Jebus, let them spend their money the way they want.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nig_nig_the_conqueror ...how about you stfu already... people have different taste, likes, and dislikes... he like the drift spec, alot of people do too, in fact i like it too and im considering on buying but why the f*8k am i tellin you , you'll probably talk your ____ ... if everybody have the same taste and have the same things for their car then there wouldn't be excitement seeing another Tc on the road...it'll be boring..
Old 10-13-2007, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fl1p_tc
nig_nig_the_conqueror ...how about you stfu already... people have different taste, likes, and dislikes... he like the drift spec, alot of people do too, in fact i like it too and im considering on buying but why the f*8k am i tellin you , you'll probably talk your poop ... if everybody have the same taste and have the same things for their car then there wouldn't be excitement seeing another Tc on the road...it'll be boring..
It's already boring to see another tC on the road. Don't you get it? Everyone has the Megan exhaust. Everyone already has the same taste, apparently.

But I guess it could be worse...you could've gotten the Greddy dt.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i bought my drift spec for $300 on ebay, looks good, havent had a single problem. works great with my turbo kit and quiets the exhaust a lot. other than running a 3" exhaust, this exhaust is the next best thing.

Quick Reply: megan drift spec catback exhaust