Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

megan exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 08:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default megan exhaust

im not going to boost my car so i dont feel a need to get a whole catback system.

i looked around and the megan axle back exhaust seems good enough for me. i live in mid-california and this kind of stuff will attract cops.

also just dropped a almost a G on my suspension recently so not going to spend much on this last item for my car.

i looked around and this is pretty much the cheapest i see.
http://www.kdparts.com/product/Megan...=p3640-c196662

anyone know a better place? thanks.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im pretty sure its a mistake. megan exhaust for 135 shipped? i couldnt even get a used one for that little.

lets see how this goes.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You don't have to go turbo to see benefits from a catback. Any car will benefit from a cat back exhaust. If you want an axleback then buy any style muffler you like, take it to an exhaust shop, and pay them 60 bucks to make it.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i never trust any of those things. might sound ugly and raspy.

i heard complaints that the megan axle back is too quiet. lol good enough for me. i just hate the stock.

i think they found out about the price mistake. its 195.30 now.
lol i hope they honor my order. =)
Old 11-16-2011, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Coolwaterz
i never trust any of those things. might sound ugly and raspy.

i heard complaints that the megan axle back is too quiet. lol good enough for me. i just hate the stock.

i think they found out about the price mistake. its 195.30 now.
lol i hope they honor my order. =)
If you don't get the cheapest auto store knock off, and actually order a megan, magnaflow, etc etc muffler, then it will sound the same. When you buy a catback/axle back you pay extra for it being prefabricated. Just trying to save you some money. Also, an axleback won't make this car sound raspy, there is a huge resonator in the mid pipe.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Spicy_McHaggiz
If you don't get the cheapest auto store knock off, and actually order a megan, magnaflow, etc etc muffler, then it will sound the same. When you buy a catback/axle back you pay extra for it being prefabricated. Just trying to save you some money. Also, an axleback won't make this car sound raspy, there is a huge resonator in the mid pipe.
a friend got it done at a shop pretty cheap but still up there in the $100 zone. i live in such a expensive area.

i dont like the quality his looks like oxidized aluminum...

cant wait for it to get here.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well turns out it was a price mistake. and they canceled my order without telling me.. showed up on my paypal 6 days later... thanks for letting me know @$$holes.

they did want any pu$$y seller would do in this situation. claim their out of stock.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dang. sorry bout ur luck man. since were on exhaust, ive noticed that NOBODY on this site has ever mentioned doing an axle-back with a flowmaster or thrush welded muffler. now please at hear me out before you diss my thought. lol. i myself am accustomed to flowmasters. i know its more or a musclecar accesory but they have a real deep meelow tone about them even on an import. same way with a thrush welded. i had replaced just the muffler on my last car with this and it was loud and deep. sounded so sexy!! but im stuck between buying a cat-back myself and just doing my own axleback setup. just something to think about when u get around to it
Old 12-01-2011, 08:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by skeeter04
Dang. sorry bout ur luck man. since were on exhaust, ive noticed that NOBODY on this site has ever mentioned doing an axle-back with a flowmaster or thrush welded muffler. now please at hear me out before you diss my thought. lol. i myself am accustomed to flowmasters. i know its more or a musclecar accesory but they have a real deep meelow tone about them even on an import. same way with a thrush welded. i had replaced just the muffler on my last car with this and it was loud and deep. sounded so sexy!! but im stuck between buying a cat-back myself and just doing my own axleback setup. just something to think about when u get around to it
a friend was telling me to go to his friends garage for my exhaust system. they have the flowmaster exhaust for ~100 installed. i guess i'll go check it out thanks. looking for a nice quiet deep sound with less restriction then the stock.