Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Megan Header or Alpha works Header?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 07:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nexusindustry
Someone posted they want you to know exactly what you are getting with the Alphawerks header. I definitely want everyone here to know exactly what they are getting. What do you get with the Alphawerks header that you cannot get with anyone else.

1. No CEL (the only one)
2. T-304 Stainless Steel (100%)
3. LIFETIME WARRANTY (On this Scion tC header)
4. No rasp (check the sound clips on the site)
5. No cat to rob power
5. Patent Pending 4-1 Collector (with Velocity-Pyramid welded into the collector where the runners meet)
6. Customer Service right here on scionlife.com. I am here for you everyday answering any questions or issues to walk you through every step of the way.

I am actually humbled to be here and am glad this is one of the top forums in the net. And I am also very happy that the company put so much effort into this header because it is honestly the best part we have carried to date.

If anyone has any questions at all please PM me and I will get back to you asap. I may take a day if it is not an emergency sometimes because I get like 100 PM's a day between all the scion forums, the 350z forums, the IS300 forums, and the Acura V6 forums.

At the end of the day, this is the only header one way or the other that WILL NOT THROW THE CEL. This is the best solution because cheap cats will not work and a full oem cat will kill your horsepower. The "Smart O2 Sim" is a quick fix (takes 5 min to install). Best of all we are giving it to scionlife members at our cost $20 (this includes boards, temp resistant case, wiring, R&D). Remember also that we have to pay $2500/year to have access to the Toyota engineering information for ONLY the Scion tC.

Honestly this part is the best quality part for the tC and we are running full page ads, 1/2 page ads, backpage ads in several magazines to promote it because we know this part is hot. In fact we have another full 20" container arriving this month of only Scion tC headers. That is 300 headers and 200 of them are already sold to our local distributors here in North America.

Sorry for writing so long but if you have any questions you know where I am and I am here for you all.

Best regards,

Victor D.
Nexus Industry
The part that isn't clicking here is that the O2 simulator is required to not make the headers throw a CEL, which costs an additional $20 bucks on top of the steep $400 just for the headers. So the claim that the Alphawerks headers don't throw a CEL is false. Any idiot with five bucks, some 18mm non foulers, and a 18mm wrench can fix a CEL with ANY HEADER ON THE MARKET for this car and achieve the same result. To be honest I don't think anyone gives a rats ___ that you have access to the engineering and computer info for the tC. At the end of the day, the customer is going to buy the product that yields the best performance in respect to pricing.

So let's do the breakdown:
$400 for the headers (WITHOUT the O2 simulator)
$20 for the O2 simulator 'at Nexus cost' (or 'free' with RacingSolution)
+ shipping costs.
------------------------------
~$500 for unofficially dyno'ed and tested headers, that will throw a CEL unless you buy their O2 simulator (or take the cheaper route for non-foulers) and with a ONE YEAR WARRANTY (currently under discretion for a lifetime)

The fact that you keep claiming over and over that these headers don't throw a CEL is completely bogus. It throws a CEL just like the rest of them!! Only you're offering to include a O2 simulator as the fix. So you're basically insulting us by saying "The only header to not throw a CEL" because quite simply, that's just plain stinky bull____.

Let's face the facts here folks, no matter what ANY header currently available will throw a CEL. So I guess we should all wait and see an official dyno sheet and get some real numbers and testimonials from REAL customers and tC owners.

'Nuff said.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am only here for customer service and I know that these forums can get out of hand. But one fact remains, with our O2 simulator you will not have any CEL problem.

I hope that we can all agree on this.

As for the dynos I will find the header dyno I know we have records of them.

If anyone wants more dynos I am offering a sponsorship to dyno the product here to ANYONE willing to do the dyno in South Florida.

That is how much I believe in this product.

It is a great product, not a cheap one, as you get what you pay for. But I think it is best that those who have questions look for posts from those that actually have Scion tC's with the header on them.

But again I am here for you guys and giving you the best service and answers to any questions you may have.

Best regards,

Victor D.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Remember also that we have to pay $2500/year to have access to the Toyota engineering information for ONLY the Scion tC.
does this mean you have access to the supercharger info?
Old 04-09-2005, 02:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Souljah347
Remember also that we have to pay $2500/year to have access to the Toyota engineering information for ONLY the Scion tC.
does this mean you have access to the supercharger info?

!!!!!
Old 04-10-2005, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Please PM me on the supercharger or other information that is desired from the Toyota information and I will follow up next week.

Best regards,

Victor D.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:23 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Strictly Scionized
SL Member

Order a Megan Racing Header from Racing Solution and receive a ready to install Anti-Fouler device to fix the check engine light.

http://www.racingsolution.com/produc...formanceHeader
Old 04-13-2005, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There are reports from a couple people on here that the anti-fowler trick is failing and starting to throw CEL's after a couple hundred miles. Hope this is only a couple isolated instances.
Old 04-13-2005, 03:08 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Strictly Scionized
SL Member

Its quite possible. This is a common trick that has been used for many many years and has been very successful for many people...
Old 04-13-2005, 04:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I am very curious as to where you would be getting the schematics for the internal workings of the ECM. You see, I am a Master Diagnostic Technician with Toyota and as far as I know the computer innards are propriatary information not to be shared with anyone except the EPA. I can't get them and I can get a lot of things! Anyhow anyone with a lick of sense wouldn't pay anything for that info, just put your handy analog voltmeter on the O2 output wires on a car warmed up and running in closed-loop and see what you see. Then measure the resistance if the O2 heater circuit so a resistor could be used to emulate the heater. The basic problem I see is that with any O2 trick used, you don't get accurate info from the second O2 sensor. This is not the primary input for fuel trim, but think of it as fine-tuning for the mixture. Bad info in, bad info out. One thing I have learned over the years is that it's extremely difficult to truly outsmart Mr. Toyota!
Old 04-14-2005, 04:47 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you really want this question answered, please PM me and I will put you in touch with my R+D head on the Scion tC header project. I do not know how detailed the information they have is, but I know it was a definite scramble for Toyota info when we saw the issue at hand with the CEL and we had several hundred orders for the Scion tC header on hold for it (including one that we sent to Toyota for their official show/drift Scion tC.).

Best regards,

Victor D.
Nexus Industry
scionlife.com Customer Support
Old 04-15-2005, 04:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I havent read this whole post....but

I think the main difference is if you want the precat....megan has a precat alfawerks does not. it gains a lil more hp bc of that.

i could care less which one you have. its just preference. i wanted the precat bc of emission...some want more hp.

1 thing i do know is 2 people with alfawerks and both throw a cel.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by lvnurs9
I havent read this whole post....but

I think the main difference is if you want the precat....megan has a precat alfawerks does not. it gains a lil more hp bc of that.

i could care less which one you have. its just preference. i wanted the precat bc of emission...some want more hp.

1 thing i do know is 2 people with alfawerks and both throw a cel.
Everyone throws a cell with aftermarket TC headers including the megan.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes they will throw the CEL...but the big difference is that we have a "Smart Sim" for the tC that works with our headers to get rid of the CEL :D

If you have any questions on it just PM me...

Victor D.
Nexus Industry
Old 04-15-2005, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes they will throw the CEL...but the big difference is that we have a "Smart Sim" for the tC that works with our headers to get rid of the CEL :D

If you have any questions on it just PM me...

Victor D.
Nexus Industry
I left you a pm victor i just got your headers i need the sim.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

everyone knows about the fix....i was saying that bc u said thats the only header without a cel when indeed it throws one...

anyone can do the anifouler trick
Old 04-17-2005, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by lvnurs9
everyone knows about the fix....i was saying that bc u said thats the only header without a cel when indeed it throws one...

anyone can do the anifouler trick
alphawerks has uses an O2 sim not the antifouler trick
Old 04-18-2005, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

To give some more detail on the "Smart Sim"...

It is not a "trick" or a "rig" it is a proven 100% processor that works in conjunction with your ECU.

It is not an O2 simulator, its a "Smart Sim." It has a processor that reacts to what the ECU sees. It is a basic "what if," response. The Smart Sim has a programmed reponse for ex: "what if the Smart Sim gets X reading" well then it will send "Y signal to the ECU." That way the none of the other ECU functionality will be compromised.

Best regards,

Victor D.
Nexus Industry
scionlife.com Product Support
Old 04-18-2005, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Since it sounds like the O2 sim is seperate from the headers, it leads me to wonder-

Will your O2 sim work with other headers on the market? I don't mean this to be a rude question, I am just sincerly curious. This is the only O2 sim for the tC that I've heard of so far, and the idea of using one of these appeals to me more than rigging up something with antifoulers.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scott17
I am very curious as to where you would be getting the schematics for the internal workings of the ECM. You see, I am a Master Diagnostic Technician with Toyota and as far as I know the computer innards are propriatary information not to be shared with anyone except the EPA. I can't get them and I can get a lot of things! Anyhow anyone with a lick of sense wouldn't pay anything for that info, just put your handy analog voltmeter on the O2 output wires on a car warmed up and running in closed-loop and see what you see. Then measure the resistance if the O2 heater circuit so a resistor could be used to emulate the heater. The basic problem I see is that with any O2 trick used, you don't get accurate info from the second O2 sensor. This is not the primary input for fuel trim, but think of it as fine-tuning for the mixture. Bad info in, bad info out. One thing I have learned over the years is that it's extremely difficult to truly outsmart Mr. Toyota!
Victor,

Please PM me the answer to this question as well . I studied engineering in college, and am VERY intrested in the answer. It will be the difference in whether or not I purchase your product w/ CEL fix .

Respect !!!!
Old 04-30-2005, 12:44 AM
5 Year Member

I really hope it's something other than a 555 timer that creates a pulse at a certain frequency.
You can pay $50 for a "o2 simulator" or you can make one from radioshack parts for $5
http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/oxy...tor/index.html
Check that out

Quick Reply: Megan Header or Alpha works Header?