Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

megancatback w/ headers

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default megancatback w/ headers

does anyone have a soundclip of this, i want to see how raspy it is w/ header's suppposedly the megan catback comes w/a resonator but some1 told me it was a fake one, i just want to check a soundclip.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You dont really need a soundclip..Aftermarket header=rasp unless you have some serious resonators
Old 02-21-2007, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

^x2...good answer, couldn't have said it better
Old 02-21-2007, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

i have the mega catback with dc headers and also k&n cold air intake. i put an 18" resonator on it and there is little to no rasp. don't get me wrong though, when you first put it on, its mad LOUD!!!! but after about 2 weeks of driving, you will notice it starting to calm itself but will still be a bit loud but you will still want to do a resonator. hope this helps.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have the Magnaflow exhaust and it by far the quietest exhaust you can get and still make performance. My friends with axel backs used to say you could hear the s/c wined over the exhaust. With a header, this thing should really come to life. Especially since every tc I've heard with a header sounds unbearably raspy. I have a friend that's looking into the same combo for his car.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

full megan exhaust, sorry no sound clips.

any way the rasp is horrable when new. once your gaskets smooth over it gets quiter and less ricey. however when its cold its raspy as hell, but once your pipes warm up it gets a nice deep throaty sound to it. if I had a video recorder I would get you sound clips but then you would have to wait for the upload ect. If you check out you-tube and watch the cat back vid's, it sounds like that once its broken in and you have it under a load execpt 5 times as loud.[/url]