Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Minor Auto Tranny building

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 08:22 PM
SL Member

Default Minor Auto Tranny building

I started this thread to understand the means of building the auto tranny to hold about 300whp, I am aware of the valve body upgrade, but that's not enough to get to 300 whp safely. Is there other upgrades that will allow me to get to 300 whp safely without sending the whole tranny to get re-done? Is there a place I can buy the auto tranny valve body, because right now my car is a daily driver and I am willing to buy it and cant really have my car down at anytime other than 1 day to install the upgraded one. PLZ ONLY FACTS NOT THOUGHTS!!!!!! I WANT THIS TO HELP OTHER PEOPLE TOO!!!
Old 04-08-2009, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Buy a used transmission from

http://www.car-part.com

if you have a truck or other vehicle to pick it up with, you won't even need shipping. They start at $375.

Go to Level 10
http://www.levelten.com/store/toyota.htm

Either have them build a bulletproof transmission or get the DIY kit of you know someone who works on them.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:09 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by vettereddie

if you have a truck or other vehicle to pick it up with, you won't even need shipping. They start at $375.

Go to Level 10

Either have them build a bulletproof transmission or get the DIY kit of you know someone who works on them.
I am trying to avoid that.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:56 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by vettereddie

Go to Level 10

I am trying to avoid that, try to avaoid teh whole rebuilding dont want to end up like SOFLO and watse all that money and it not work.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Another place is IPT they are really good and have better price.

As far as trying to get 300WHP without have to rebuild the trans or able to have the car down for a couple of days is almost inpossible.
You could get the valve body upgrade done and also get the tourqe converter upgraded by doing this you should be able to safely get into the 250-285WHP. I got the valve body upgrade and I am pushing 261WHP and even that is pushing it. Im not telling you not to but trying to get 300WHP without have the trans built at all will be hard. The trans is weak to begin with.
Like I said im not saying you cant but 300WHP on a stock internal trans is hard.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:36 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by tcchris38

As far as trying to get 300WHP without have to rebuild the trans or able to have the car down for a couple of days is almost inpossible.
You could get the valve body upgrade done and also get the tourqe converter upgraded by doing this you should be able to safely get into the 250-285WHP. I got the valve body upgrade and I am pushing 261WHP and even that is pushing it. Im not telling you not to but trying to get 300WHP without have the trans built at all will be hard. The trans is weak to begin with.
Like I said im not saying you cant but 300WHP on a stock internal trans is hard.
Thanks for the help, has everything gone smoothly with your car so far, like no slippage at all?
Old 04-09-2009, 11:48 PM
SL Member

watching this. haha
Old 04-10-2009, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

dont for get tranny cooler, wont help you put down more power, but defninitely will help the longevity of your tranny!

Soflo decided to go manual not because his tranny didnt work, but because his HP goals changed!

have you considered a manual swap? I know you want to avoid as much work as possible, but apart from a valve body upgrade and tranny cooler, theres not much more you can do without doing some kind of internal work on the auto tranny!
Old 04-10-2009, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is the thread that I started on how to build up an auto tranny.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...ht=auto+tranny

This guide will pretty much cover everything.

Anything missed can be found in the thread below.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...ht=auto+tranny
Old 04-10-2009, 11:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ObviousIntentions08TC
Originally Posted by tcchris38

Thanks for the help, has everything gone smoothly with your car so far, like no slippage at all?
There is only a little slippage at 3rd-D. Just a little lift of the foot about 6k rpms stops the slipping. Other than thats its fine.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Valve body upgrade, clutch pack upgrade, torque converter, and trans cooler. Most of these parts will have to be custom if the shops can do it. You will need to do a lot of research online for performance transmission places to see what they can do.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:04 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlackKnight
Valve body upgrade, clutch pack upgrade, torque converter, and trans cooler. Most of these parts will have to be custom if the shops can do it. You will need to do a lot of research online for performance transmission places to see what they can do.
Yea, I am going to call IPT and see what they say and then update you guys, one of my friends want to do something like that too.