Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

MMW header and full exhaust owners ONLY pls chime in!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Dude, im not arguing with you. Simply stating that all this arguing is screwin up the thread. Its pretty pathetic that you find the need to go and make some personal attack. Im feel sorry for you if theres no-one in your life that you feel that strongly about, i really do. Hopefully one day you'll find it in your miserable life to actually do something other than paper arguing with people you don't know.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yeah also the gap in price is big too, you can prolly buy a S/C and burn the civic. In a much sexier car. Also why did you buy a tc if u hate it so much? or did u just join this forum for your personl enjoyment?
Old 01-23-2008, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mengsta
Yeah also the gap in price is big too, you can prolly buy a S/C and burn the civic. In a much sexier car. Also why did you buy a tc if u hate it so much? or did u just join this forum for your personl enjoyment?
You could probably buy a tc and install (and reflash) a TRD s/c for the same price as a new Si. but the Si would still be faster and more reliable.

I bought one of the first few thousand tcs to be released. I had to pre-order and wasn't able to test drive a manual because no one had any on their lots.

I come from a Toyo-family. Grew up in a camry, currently Dad, brother and sister all drive corollas. Based on the press and hype and Consumer Reports i thought i was going to be getting a great car for a great price.

Initially, i was really in love with the car. I loved how it looks, and i like the stout 2az...and it was affordable for a new car for a recent college grad.

I want to like the car, but based on all the issues i've had (that others have also had, so i know its not a fluke) and the lack of support from Scion and the dealerships, i've come to really not be too high on it. I steer people AWAY from buying one when at all possible.

I also hate the fact that toyota succeeded in their goal of marketing the car to the 18-25 year old demographic...they hit a gold mine. but then when you have obviously defective issues from the factory, they try to blame it on everything under the sun, especially if you've modded the car, even though they market the car as "tuner-friendly" and open to personalized customization. .... i got really turned off by the brand because it seems they are WAY more concerned with selling cars than they are with producing quality cars and making sure customers are satisfied.

I think the tc is sexy looking, but the new civic model is just as much so.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so basically your tc was slow and now ur mad at the world... gotcha...
Old 01-23-2008, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete
so basically your tc was slow and now ur mad at the world... gotcha...
you couldn't be more wrong. do you even bother reading anyone else's posts besides your own.

i'm quite happy with the tc's motor and performance. I dont need a "fast car". All i do is commute to work everyday. It has plenty of pep to be able to pass the average slow commuter on the highway. Just enough tq in the mid range to pull nicely when i step on the throttle.

i don't need to have a fast car to prove anything or feel good about myself or prove that i'm superior to anyone else on an online auto forum.

I'm mad (at Scion and the crappy dealerships i've been to) because of all the crappy little defects and unresolved issues i've had with this car. Eventhough i got 3 grand back from toyota, I feel like it still wasn't enough to make up for everything i've been through.

I'm a big believer in customer satisfaction. Aka. when i spend seventeen thousand dollars on something that is presented to me as being "A", when i get home and found out i got "B", i expect the party I just gave my 17 grand to to be responsibility and practice good business.

I feel that my issues were ignored in part because Toyo/scion says, "well, we're still selling tc's off the lot like they're filled with crack cocaine, so there must not be anything wrong with them. Don't fix what ain't broken, becuase it would cost toyota more $$$$ to fix all of the issues with the tc than it would to just payoff the individuals that actually follow the whole lemon law process through to completion.

The fact that so many young kids are just dying to have this car because of aesthetics, and don't care if it has issues enables toyo/scion to take this approach towards formerly-loyal toyota consumers like me.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

reading your posts make me fall asleep... u just bable bable bable... are you done now... can you leave already... and go cut your wrist and taking up space...
Old 01-23-2008, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete
reading your posts make me fall asleep... u just bable bable bable... are you done now... can you leave already... and go cut your wrist and taking up space...
hey man, can u get me any good deals at the scion dealership you work at??

Post when you have something intelligent to say. k?thnx
Old 01-23-2008, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol ... i bet it was hard not to make that post as long as the first testament...or ur other posts
Old 01-24-2008, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

ok back in topic...so did have u decided if ur gettin the mmw header/spipe?
Old 01-24-2008, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

OMG can a mod just ban this come-mierda so he can go finish his bowl of A$$ raspies, or A$$ crispies.....i for get which.......

back on topic just ignore this ****
Old 01-24-2008, 12:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

pete already have the MMW header, he just deciding between a midpipe now. And as much as i would like to stay on topic. Isnt the S/C tc better or atleast close to the civic si? IT gets better numbers atleast right atleast 190 wheel with 180 plus torque? as in the civic would be less whp and torque.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

1UP Crew
SL Member

hey mengsta dont worry i am a fellow tanabe touring medallion owner lol. I love that exhaust.

hey sepatc u in the wrong thread u must be lookin for the tc's are slow thread or si vs. tc thread , u will find plenty of ur fellow bashers/haters in there lmao!
Old 01-24-2008, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Lol , yeah the exhaust does own, but where did that come from?
Old 01-24-2008, 02:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

1UP Crew
SL Member

a R&D done by DC sports? uhmmm doesnt that sound fishy? First of all i love weapon-r but their dyno claimed 26 hp. Im pretty sure DC is bs'ing. How can removing the cat, do nothing? And Pete, You gotta love the MMW header looks super sexy. plus i dont really notice a low end loss. seems like a gain to me. The performance increase was niceee. And my tc sounds super sexy actually. No Rasp at all thanks to the tanabe medallion touring, that no1 buys. Guess it paid off to save money on that axleback. Oh and pete if u are still havnt gotten a new midpipe yet. Im on the Tsudo midpipe. the site told me its a 2.5" i have the 2nd version and it has an 18 inch resonator. You might want to check that out if its cheaper then getting a midpipe custom.
what u wrote earlier^^
Old 01-24-2008, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

o lol k, at first i was like huh? yea it owns but where are u coming from? lol Yeah dude that thing is rasp freeee...
Old 01-24-2008, 02:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

pete already have the MMW header, he just deciding between a midpipe now. And as much as i would like to stay on topic. Isnt the S/C tc better or atleast close to the civic si? IT gets better numbers atleast right atleast 190 wheel with 180 plus torque? as in the civic would be less whp and torque.
Correct, I have the s/c w/ the MMW setup and the 9.5 pulley. So i should be dynoing around 225-230whp. Im still deciding on a midpipe and muffler. I may just got with a magnaflow muffler w/ a custom 2.5in midpipe and a 22" magnaflow resonator attached. Oh and can't forget the flex pipe!
Old 01-24-2008, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

lol okay, why are there peole saying the civic will burn the S/C tc? When the Tc gets better numbers, o well ill save this for another thread. LSD doesnt help on the drag does it?
Old 01-24-2008, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol okay, why are there peole saying the civic will burn the S/C tc? When the Tc gets better numbers, o well ill save this for another thread. LSD doesnt help on the drag does it?

its not hard to comprehend. look at stock Si drag times vs. s/c tc drag times.

LSD won't make a significant difference in just a straight 1/4 track. might improve your 60' by a tenth or so. which to some is "faster" :D
Old 01-25-2008, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

dont tell me ur getting this comparison from youtube? becuz i cannot find legit quarter mile times from a S/C tc.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

I'll get you a legit one soon . We'll be goin to moroso soon

Quick Reply: MMW header and full exhaust owners ONLY pls chime in!!!!!