Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Monster Motorworks TC Titanium Racer Header ! " Pics &q

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 05:19 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think a lot of people on this forum misunderstand the difference from a mass produced header like DC Sports with hand made custom pieces. The massed produced headers are one size fits all, no matter what your power goals are. Custom race pieces are more expensive because they generally require fabrication that cannot be produced in mass quantities. This is the reason why they are more expensive but also why they make substantial amounts of more hp over mass produced headers.
These custom race headers have also been show to provide more power over the whole powerband as opposed to just top or bottom end.
These race headers were not made for the budget racer, these were made for those who want the most out of their engines.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:20 AM
5 Year Member

Is this the same DC Sports header that's CERAMIC and gives almost no gains? Is there a different one? If it's the same one that Im thinking of, then I'd think it would hardly be a benchmark by any means. Alphawerks and Megan headers maybe, but certainly not the DC Sports. But hell, yea wut he said, boo~ sell cheaper!!
Old 08-11-2005, 05:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by monstermotorworks
Dyno Sheet with Our Header and the Intake system.
Other than that the car was stock.

This was posted before...
IMAGE NOT FOUND.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=72564

heres the topic
Old 08-11-2005, 01:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Revilo
and someone said that the weapon R header was expensive? ($800)

that's not expensive at all. there are some lamborghini exhausts that are about $10k for titanium. imagine explaining that to your accountant
Old 08-11-2005, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Stock header weighs about 30lbs.

To each their own.
When weight savings is a MUST, which it is in this drivers case. We custom made this header for his RACECAR.

He will be driving this in next years USTCC.

I knew no one would liek the price.
It's Custom made. It's never cheap when it's hand made and custom.

Just wanted to share with you guys who are True Entusiasts what We can do.

This post is not about trying to sell anyone on our parts, but to showcase what we are capable of doing.

Our Stainless Steel version willbe out in 2 months.
I am making a batch of 20 headers.

They are going for $850.

No one will like this price either, but you want quality and power, this header will deliver.
First, thanks for sharing. I didn't expect anyone to make a titanium header for the tC, even a custom order, due to the high cost and probably low ROI (just a guess). That's a beautiful piece, IMO, and would be a shame to even think of wrapping it. And like someone already said, you don't buy a titanium piece like this for the looks, because the only people who would actually appreciate it wouldn't be interested in a shinny show room finish. I think that's pretty evident by the responses in this thread already. From the looks of it, like the SS version, it comes with an s-pipe. Did the customer order an exhaust too? Do you know if this header has helped keep engine bay temperatures down at all? I'd imagine due to the material that would be another benefit.

Getting slightly off topic I thought I would do some simple math for everyone regarding the MMW SS header.

MMW 2-piece Header Set: $850 MSRP

Alphawerks Header: $600 MSRP

ZPI S-pipe: $250 MSRP

CC's S-pipe: $175 (for SS) MSRP

Draxas S-pipe: $150 MSRP

Looking at MSRPs, not retail prices since we don't know the retail price for the MMW header, to get an Alphawerks’ header w/ a s-pipe would be $750 - $850. The MMW header is a 2 piece unit that already comes with an s-pipe. Their header and intake alone put out just 4hp less then the AW header, intake, bored TB, and s-pipe exhaust. I can pretty much guarantee you a (good) exhaust mated to a 4-2-1 header w/ s-pipe and intake will make more than 4whp. I would like to see a dyno of the Alphawerks header w/ an s-pipe compared to the MMW 2 piece unit and compare the power bands. I'm betting the results would be pretty similar in terms of gains but with a smoother and more level increase across the power band for the MMW and a bit more top end for the AW. My point is price and performance wise it's quite competitive. It also comes with a limited lifetime warranty like the AW header and the MMW's s-pipe is also covered by that same warranty. When this unit hits the shops and we know retail pricing we'll be better able to compare value. If you all recall, just as many people were complaining about the AW header and swearing no one would buy it when it was first announced with its $600 MSRP.

And did someone ask if that titanium header was the same as the DC Header?! I couldn’t' possibly have read that right...
Old 08-11-2005, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BUMP..

A 4-2-1 correctly made with long runners will make more power across the bowerband than any 4-1 header anyday.

As it shows with out titanium header, we are experienced in Making Power and Power across the powerband at that.

Were not intrested in the peak power, which most 4-1 headers will make most of its power.

Were more intrested in making products that make streetable power throughout the whole powerband.

Power that people who drive in the 3000-7500rpm range.
4-1's have been known to make power at 6-8000rpm and sacrifice at the bottom end.

Lets get a poll going.
1. Would you like a header ( 4-1 ) which makes most of it's power only at top end?
2. Would you like a header which makes power from 3-7500rpm.

I think that questions is easy to answer.
Your friend with a 4-1 header may make power at the top end, but while your pulling on him from the start, who do you think will be at the finish line first?

Motec exhaust with an NOS turbo.. ahahha
Old 08-11-2005, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Monster Motorworks TC Titanium Racer Header ! " Pic

wowowowowowowow... that many welds is a work of art. seriously, how long did that take you?
Old 08-11-2005, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That took us 1 week to build..
1 Crazy Guy 1 Week.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

mucho respect on that header. absolutely beautiful.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

that is a damn fine header i must say MMW, very good job.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i bet a HUGE chunk of the price comes from the included s-pipe cuz look at how many welds it takes to make it (the whole thing almost it made outa welds). really the smartest thing to do wouldbe get the titanium header and get the CC aluminum s-pipe for 150 low weight and low cost
Old 08-12-2005, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

4-2-1 is much better for low end/ mid range which is alot better than top end IMO. If this header gives good gains i will buy it for sure.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so, the header would be done by monster motor works or by Weapon R? I thought that it was going to be by Weapon R, and now MMW said that is going to be done by them... is any relation between MMW and Weapon R?
Old 08-12-2005, 07:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That thing is badass and I am impressed. Titanium is also a lot harder to weld, that is the other part a lot of you are missing. When ever you get anything custom one off built you have to pay.

Build me a titanium turbo manifold and I will run it on our car!!!
Old 08-12-2005, 07:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Weapon R thought that Scions are so cool that they made Monster Motor Works to work specifically on Scions.

How were those bent pieces on that header bent? I imagine it took far too much time and energy than would be worth it to bend the rest of the header..
Old 08-12-2005, 12:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they look like pre-bents they cut and welded
Old 08-12-2005, 02:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by matty-tC
they look like pre-bents they cut and welded
i would agree with that, because they appear to be perfect 90º angles
Old 08-12-2005, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i was beggining to worry until i got to the second page that no one had even mentioned the design of the header... everyone on the first page was all about price..... give me a 4-2-1 header or as i knew them in the old days as tri-Y ANYDAY over a 4-1...

MMW.. why do you not consider making a regular material header (stainless) in this design.. ? yes.. titanium is novel.. and having one, gives you bragging rights... but for the not so rich among us it would be nice to get a well design tri-Y header..!
Old 08-12-2005, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The upper bends are molded that way, sort of like casting. We used those because the bends are simple, so we can save costs. The lower portions are a bit more involved, and also larger diameter, which also increases costs.

Petem - We do have this header coming in stainless. Expect to see it around October with a $850 MSRP.

Quick Reply: Monster Motorworks TC Titanium Racer Header ! " Pics &q